Singapore

Very expensive
2015-5-28
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

Yeah, that's a little much, but to be fair, there are three filters here.
2015-5-28
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

dmwierz Posted at 2015-5-28 20:35

Yeah it's not what I would call a "great deal." But they do seem to be made of quality material, glass lens vs plastic etc.  I constantly use an ND8 filter on my phantom 2 set up.  Snake River Prototyping's BlurFix filters are probably the best I've found so far.  And no they're not "cheap".

I guess it comes down to what the footage looks like. When I can get beautiful shots, with zero jello, and a slower shutter that gives me more natural movement, I have to decide if $70 is worth it.
2015-5-28
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
United States

dmwierz Posted at 2015-5-28 20:35

Yeah it's not what I would call a "great deal." But they do seem to be made of quality material, glass lens vs plastic etc.  I constantly use an ND8 filter on my phantom 2 set up.  Snake River Prototyping's BlurFix filters are probably the best I've found so far.  And no they're not "cheap".

I guess it comes down to what the footage looks like. When I can get beautiful shots, with zero jello, and a slower shutter that gives me more natural movement, I have to decide if $70 is worth it.

Here's an example using Snake River's BlurFix ND and CP filters:

2015-5-28
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

I was going to bite the bullet on these but they don't seem to use PayPal as a payment option. I got all the way to the payment processing of my credit card and bagged if. I didn't see any kind of SSL or security indicators. I hate providing all my personal and credit card info all over the net. Too bad.

Jerry
2015-5-28
Use props
salota8550 This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-5-28
Use props
fiskld
lvl.2

United States

I went ahead and bought these. Thanks for sharing this fhagan02. They do look like they will do the job nicely. I can't wait to try them.
2015-5-31
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
United States

fiskld Posted at 2015-5-31 21:44
I went ahead and bought these. Thanks for sharing this fhagan02. They do look like they will do the  ...

Me too! After 6 months of extensive filming with the P2/Hero 4 setup I've learned using an ND is a necessity... not an option.

I used the Snake River Prototyping "BlurFix" filters for this study....
2015-6-1
Use props
h8tow8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82602 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thing that bugs me is their spelling of "aireal images" repeatedly...
Btw, has anyone tried the ones that started popping up on eBay like this one? ND

2015-6-1
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

l just bought some and at the end l had the option of using debit/credit card or paypal. Maybe that's because l'm not in the States, or maybe they added the option.
2015-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules