Features that we really need for Osmo Mobile 2
2934 15 2018-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ali Alowais
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Osmo mobile 2 is great but DJI go app come not completed and do not take full advantage of the gimbal please DJI add those features on DJI Go APP :-

- (Motion-Timelapse) is good but why there is no Normal video option ? please add Normal Motion-Video

- ( The whole timelapse/hyperlapse/m.lapse ) is only auto shutter there is no way to change shutter speed please DJI add full manual control over Shutter/iso/AF-MF

- ( Tracking sensitivity ) please add adjustable subject tracking sensitivity option slow/medium/fast

Thank you
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum.

- I'm sorry I'm confused about this. What do you mean by Normal Video option, sir?
- May I know what mobile device are you using?
- We'll check this to our engineers.
2018-8-25
Use props
Ali Alowais
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-25 06:58

- I'm sorry I'm confused about this. What do you mean by Normal Video option, sir?

Thanks for reply .

I use bouth Iphone And Android

What I mean is , M.Lapse option which let you Chose (A) Point then (B) point to move camera From A to B and Take Motion Timelapse ,,, But this feature is Only to Take Timelapse , there is no option to take Normal Video (non Timelapse Video). So there is no otion to take  regular Video that Moves from A to B .
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Ali Alowais Posted at 2018-8-25 07:05
Thanks for reply .

I use bouth Iphone And Android

I see. Thank you for the clarification. I'll check this with our engineers.
2018-8-25
Use props
Ali Alowais
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Just like this Gimbal
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Ali Alowais Posted at 2018-8-25 07:08
Just like this Gimbal
A to B point Video

Hi. Sorry for the late response.

- (Motion-Timelapse) is good but why there is no Normal video option ? please add Normal Motion-Video

We recommend to please use some software like Premiere CC to deal with it since we don't have any feature for this.

- ( The whole timelapse/hyperlapse/m.lapse ) is only auto shutter there is no way to change shutter speed please DJI add full manual control over Shutter/iso/AF-MF

Shutter speed can be set manually. ISO cannot be set. AF/AE is locked when timelapse.

- ( Tracking sensitivity ) please add adjustable subject tracking sensitivity option slow/medium/fast

It depends on the cup performance of the phone.
2018-8-28
Use props
Ali Alowais
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Premiere CC is for edit , it cant control gimbal to take a video from Point A to B !
Never Mind Thanks for your help
2018-8-28
Use props
liamski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125784 ft
United Kingdom

Ali Alowais Posted at 2018-8-28 04:43
Premiere CC is for edit , it cant control gimbal to take a video from Point A to B !
Never Mind Thanks for your help

I agree with you completely. The DJI Go app should allow you to program some motion control into your filming when shooting normal footage as opposed to Timelapses
2018-9-12
Use props
Antmeister
New
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-28 04:36
Hi. Sorry for the late response.

We need to have a feature that can change the shutter duration.  While we can change how often the shutter is activated, we need to have an option to change how long the shutter is open for during that activation.  For instance have the shutter activate every 2 secs, and have the shutter open for 1/60 of a second.
2019-1-8
Use props
ibrahimc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 165007 ft
Turkey

Hi,
Osmo Mobile 2 is a great product, i loved it. But there are some issues with DJI Go App.
First of all it drains battery. Even it runs in background it continues consuming battery.
Second, as a nature  of human walk, we are moving up and down the gimbal while walking. it is not much noticable in recordings on mobile phone screen but it i disturbing in computer or larger screens. There can be a warning or accelerometer panel on screen showing this up and down motion intensity. it may show a accelometer indicator.
Lastly, can't you combine the two app, two separate apps  consumes more space on phone.
thanks in advance
2019-2-16
Use props
E_Holiday
lvl.1

Canada

This seems like a feature request I was going to make myself. Essentially an auto-pan, auto-tilt, and combo of the two set to a speed and time duration. It's not that much different from the motion-lapse except without the time lapse but just regular shot video. This feature + adding to 24fps option to Android would enable some nice smooth cinematic pans and tilts. Would pretty much negate the need of a fluid head tripod. +1 for this feature, please!
2019-2-21
Use props
acvgraphy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 203816 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-25 06:58

The option is offered for the osmo plus by Litchi for Osmo, a third party app. Is so difficult to add it in any future update in the Osmo Mobile 2 please? Can you do that for the Osmo Pocket when it stands in the WiFi base as well please? That will be great. I want to believe that DJI can do that easily, at least must give us a reason why cannot be done. Waiting for that option, thank you.
2019-5-9
Use props
acvgraphy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 203816 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

acvgraphy Posted at 5-9 13:53
The option is offered for the osmo plus by Litchi for Osmo, a third party app. Is so difficult to add it in any future update in the Osmo Mobile 2 please? Can you do that for the Osmo Pocket when it stands in the WiFi base as well please? That will be great. I want to believe that DJI can do that easily, at least must give us a reason why cannot be done. Waiting for that option, thank you.

I am explaining here why to automate normal video shooting from Point A to Point B in all the handheld gimbals with no exception, consumer and professional is a need!

Check this video I shot on Osmo Pocket:

1] watch it once, it's all made from clips shooting from Point A to B, horizontally or vertical (crane)
2] watch it for example from 0:20 - 0:35, focus on 0:29, do you see what is happening when you are shooting from A to B handheld? even if you try hard to keep stable the pan speed simply you can't.

That video could be perfect, but is not, simply because the pan speed between Points A and B is not steady.

Please speak with the Software Development team and the Product owners (for handheld gimbals) to help us delivering that option to all the end users worldwide who support and trust DJI.

At the end it is for the interesting of all of us to deliver great content, both DJI and consumers or professionals.

Thank you.
2019-5-9
Use props
Mark Nicholls
New

Canada

I’m not sure DJI Wanda completely understood the original question in this thread.  Osmo takes “motion timelapse”, but the post was requesting “regular video timelapse”.  Some reference was made to some editing program, but that’s not what he was requesting.  A regular video timelapse would simply rotate the gimbal a set arc for a set period of time, with regular recording activated.  Much like if I was to pan from left to right with the gimbal in my hand, but this would be done by the gimbal automatically while it was on a tripod.  To help better understand the request, I’ve enclosed a pic of a new product being promoted on indiegogo, it’s called pivo, and all it does is... pivot (for $129 usd).  It strikes me the gimbal software could be updated to do the exact same thing... motion timelapse WITHOUT the timelapse.  For me, I do a lot of cycling, it would be cool to have the gimbal follow me as I bike by.  And no, face tracking doesn’t work in this situation, but I could make it work.
2019-6-26
Use props
Mark Nicholls
New

Canada

acvgraphy Posted at 5-9 14:30
I am explaining here why to automate normal video shooting from Point A to Point B in all the handheld gimbals with no exception, consumer and professional is a need!

Check this video I shot on Osmo Pocket:

Umm... can anyone translate this for me?
2019-6-26
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Mark Nicholls Posted at 6-26 17:18
Umm... can anyone translate this for me?

It's not possible to automate the point A to B with regular videos, you can do it only with time lapses videos.
I agree with him, it would be nice to put the OSMO in a stand and program it to shot from the point A to B with regular, or even slow motion mode... not only time-lapse.
2019-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules