545 7 2018-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SgtDannySgt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 283904 ft
Canada

Hello everyone

Being new to the Apple world, I have a question. I used to fly my Mavic Pro with a Nexus, hence Android and never had to do a compass calibration. I am now using an iPhone 5S and I have to do a calibration each and every flight, even when I shut down the UAV and do another flight a few hours later at the very same spot. Is this normal for IOS? It's no big deal, but just wondering if it's normal that Android doesn't need to calibrate but IOS does. And yes, the phone's GPS is on. With thanks

2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. I'd like to know if you already updated the iPhone to its latest IOS? When was the last time you updated the firmware of your aircraft? We're here to help you with this. Thank you.
2018-8-25
Use props
SgtDannySgt
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-25 05:52
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. I'd like to know if you already updated the iPhone to its latest IOS? When was the last time you updated the firmware of your aircraft? We're here to help you with this. Thank you.

Hi Gamora

IOS version: 11.4.1 (15G77)
Firmware: V01.04.0400
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

SgtDannySgt Posted at 2018-8-25 06:04
Hi Gamora

IOS version: 11.4.1 (15G77)

Hi there, sorry for the trouble. When the app prompts that the compass needs to be calibrated, the drone’s compass has suffered from interference as the aircraft was turned on in a place where there is magnetic interference. Make sure to fly the aircraft in an open area free of interference. When powering on the drone, ensure that the aircraft is at a standstill. If there is interference or the aircraft is powered on during movement, the compass’s orientation may be altered, and then re calibration is needed. To ensure the flight stability, the app will prompt you to calibrate the compass when there is a need. Please follow the app and calibrate it. Sometimes, wearing watch or any accessories can cause interference while doing the compass calibration. Ensure that you are not close with any object that has metal like car etc. Thank you for your support.
2018-8-25
Use props
SgtDannySgt
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-25 06:17
Hi there, sorry for the trouble. When the app prompts that the compass needs to be calibrated, the drone’s compass has suffered from interference as the aircraft was turned on in a place where there is magnetic interference. Make sure to fly the aircraft in an open area free of interference. When powering on the drone, ensure that the aircraft is at a standstill. If there is interference or the aircraft is powered on during movement, the compass’s orientation may be altered, and then re calibration is needed. To ensure the flight stability, the app will prompt you to calibrate the compass when there is a need. Please follow the app and calibrate it. Sometimes, wearing watch or any acesories can cause interference while doing the compass calibration. Ensure that you are not close with any object that has metal like car, motorcycle etc. Thank you for your support.

OK thanks for the reply. I will check other sites and ascertain if there could be interference.
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

SgtDannySgt Posted at 2018-8-25 06:30
OK thanks for the reply. I will check other sites and ascertain if there could be interference.

You're welcome. Please keep us posted. Thanks!
2018-8-25
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Is it actually saying calibrate or just on the menu screen it's saying calibrate. If so then this is normal. If you don't get a warning message to calibrate it's not needed every time.
2018-8-25
Use props
SgtDannySgt
lvl.4
Canada

Woe Posted at 2018-8-25 07:03
Is it actually saying calibrate or just on the menu screen it's saying calibrate. If so then this is normal. If you don't get a warning message to calibrate it's not needed every time.

When I power up, the App at first goes to the live view screen, then goes to the menu. Calibrate is in a white box so being a total ignorant of iPhone's I was in the impression it was telling me I had to calibrate.
2018-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules