Solid red status LEDs (Critical Error)
18924 20 2018-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

Have you experienced solid red status lights?
Did they come and go?
How long would they stay red?
What conditions were you in? Hovering? Taking off? Landing? Flying?
What did you do when this happened?

2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Please refer to the photo below of the descriptions of the LED status. Thank you.

2018-8-25
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-25 06:44
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Please refer to the photo below of the descriptions of the LED status. Thank you.

[view_image]

I know that. What I want to know if anyone is experiencing the Critical Error?
2018-8-25
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

No one is ever getting intermittent Critical Error indications? (Rear LEDs, solid red)

Did they come and go?
How long would they stay red?
What conditions were you in? Hovering? Taking off? Landing? Flying?
What did you do when this happened?

2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-8-26 04:39
No one is ever getting intermittent Critical Error indications? (Rear LEDs, solid red)

Hi, I would like to ask if this issue is occurring on your end? If yes, may I know what happens to your drone prior to encountering this issue? We could go ahead and clarify this issue why it's occurring to our R&D engineers.  Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2018-8-26
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-26 16:55
Hi, I would like to ask if this issue is occurring on your end? If yes, may I know what happens to your drone prior to encountering this issue? We could go ahead and clarify this issue why it's occurring to our R&D engineers.  Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Yes, it has happened to me. Long story and 2 support case #'s. Original had this issue. The replacement had the same problem. Replacement has been sent back to DJI.

It turns out this critical error indication has existed since day one. I had not learned enough to understand what this status indication was. Reviewing some videos my son took with his iPad showed this.

Flights were completely normal. Very stable. No errors reported on the GO4 app.

Once I understood that the solid red status LEDs indicated a Critical Error I open a support ticket. The second of which is in process now.

I made this post to see if any other users had experienced this critical error indication.
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-8-26 17:09
Yes, it has happened to me. Long story and 2 support case #'s. Original had this issue. The replacement had the same problem. Replacement has been sent back to DJI.

It turns out this critical error indication has existed since day one. I had not learned enough to understand what this status indication was. Reviewing some videos my son took with his iPad showed this.

Hi, my deepest apologies for what happens. Please don't hesitate to reach us if this indicator lights will occur again and it would be better if we can provide a short video of this issue for us to analyze it. Thanks for your response. Hope you'll get your another replacement drone as soon as possible.
2018-8-27
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-27 08:58
Hi, my deepest apologies for what happens. Please don't hesitate to reach us if this indicator lights will occur again and it would be better if we can provide a short video of this issue for us to analyze it. Thanks for your response. Hope you'll get your another replacement drone as soon as possible.

Video has already been provided to the support people on the second case. It is currently in progress.
Since not one other user has not responded to this request I must be the only person to get 2 drones that have that problem. How lucky can a guy get!
2018-8-27
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-8-27 09:22
Video has already been provided to the support people on the second case. It is currently in progress.
Since not one other user has not responded to this request I must be the only person to get 2 drones that have that problem. How lucky can a guy get!

Chuck101,

Perhaps stupid question but such misunderstandings do happen. You are talking about back LEDs - right? Front ones will always glow steady red to indicate front of Spark.

And yes - if you are talking about back status LEDs, you are really lucky to get two faulty Sparks in a row :-(.

Mirek
2018-8-27
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-8-27 11:42
Chuck101,

Perhaps stupid question but such misunderstandings do happen. You are talking about back LEDs - right? Front ones will always glow steady red to indicate front of Spark.

Yes. The back LEDs. The aircraft status indication LEDs.
2018-8-27
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-8-27 11:46
Yes. The back LEDs. The aircraft status indication LEDs.

Well that proves that you are one of a kind. Two bad Sparks in a row. Geez!
I would buy Lotto ticket if I were you :-).

Mirek
2018-8-27
Use props
stevesinger18
lvl.2
Flight distance : 342375 ft
United States

I have the same issue. (No crashes, no issues other than red lights)P4P has no issues or warnings, only intermittent solid red (back) lights then back to flashing green. Front is red as they should be.

I recently started flying closer to me to work on point of interest etc. so when it flies overhead I notice it goes normal, flashing green, then goes to solid red for about 4-5 seconds then back to flashing green.
Once again, no flying issues,  no warnings on rc, only red lights on my drone. I checked flights records, no warnings. (Critical or other)

Steve
2019-1-26
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

I had solid red yesterday when messege "Downward infrared sensor failuer" appeared during the flight. Just landed and did power off/power on with the drone, RC and phone. Later it was going OK.
2019-1-26
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

stevesinger18 Posted at 1-26 09:41
I have the same issue. (No crashes, no issues other than red lights)P4P has no issues or warnings, only intermittent solid red (back) lights then back to flashing green. Front is red as they should be.

I recently started flying closer to me to work on point of interest etc. so when it flies overhead I notice it goes normal, flashing green, then goes to solid red for about 4-5 seconds then back to flashing green.

The LED status you are seeing is because you are in or close to a No-Fly zone. DJI does not document this indication or even acknowledge its existence.

Read the entire DJI support failure on this topic here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=168575
2019-1-27
Use props
stevesinger18
lvl.2
Flight distance : 342375 ft
United States

Chuck101 Posted at 1-27 06:48
The LED status you are seeing is because you are in or close to a No-Fly zone. DJI does not document this indication or even acknowledge its existence.

Read the entire DJI support failure on this topic here:

Thank you Chuck...I admire your patience! This has been so frustrating for me (and many others I would guess) and you cleared it up by enduring a month of "DJI Support pain!" To make a change to the drones indicator lights to go to what the instructions say is critical and not have an answer to why other than "sir, your drone is in critical error status" caused me to ground my drone for weeks, missing out on possible business opportunities. They could have picked any other led pattern, but all 4 red, critical! Bad choice of led lighting.   

DJI Drones: 10
DJI Support: -5!
2019-1-30
Use props
djiuser_GzOqw85gKunO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1531381 ft
United States

Mine is doing it too Updated everything
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_GzOqw85gKunO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1531381 ft
United States

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-8-26 04:39
No one is ever getting intermittent Critical Error indications? (Rear LEDs, solid red)

your in a no fly or near a no-fly area
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_5T1qTq0mcUqm
New

United States

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-8-25 06:46

I think the two lights in front are supposed to glow red all the time.
2020-8-29
Use props
JonnyZ
lvl.1

United States

I'm having this same experience. I've only been able to fly my new Mavic Mini once last night. Then this morning I'm getting a solid red light and it won't take off no matter where I've tried in my neighborhood. I've tried powering it off then back on, as well as powering off the RC and phone. I'm still getting the solid red light every time. Based on the app GUI, it looks like it can't find GPS no matter where I am. The radar symbol just blinks and never locks. And I keep getting the navigation errors in the attached picture. Very frustrating to only get one short flight out of this thing..

2020-9-25
Use props
JonnyZ
lvl.1

United States

UPDATE: I contacted DJI tech support and after working on it for an hour with them, they had me take it back to the store to exchange it for a new one. The GPS module was likely just bad.
2020-9-25
Use props
djiuser_FYptOrwCB7Qq
lvl.1

United States

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-8-25 06:46

I'm waiting in line at Best Buy Geek Squad to seek help on a solid red aircraft status lights. Brand new, just out of the box. My attempts at linking the dji  fpv drone to the goggles repeatedly resulted in the same outcome...solid red status lights.  This is a very complex system, and correcting the error is beyond my capability
2022-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules