Gimbal clamp motor overload?!
2598 13 2018-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scenario
New

Hi, my Mavic Pro was working great. Never crashed. Didn’t use it for several months. Then went on an expensive vacation. Fired up the drone, got a warning that says the gimbal clamp is still on and the aircraft motor is overloaded. The clamp is off, however, and I can hear the motor whirring away. Tried for an hour to find any type of obstruction. Finally realized the drone would fly but the video was useless with all the severe gimbal movement. What happened?
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced. Regarding with your concern, may I ask if have you try to calibrate the Gimbal camera?
2018-8-25
Use props
Scenario
New

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-25 08:09
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced. Regarding with your concern, may I ask if have you try to calibrate the Gimbal camera?

Took forever to find that option in the menus. At first it said the gimbal was Restarting... Now each time I selection Calibrate Gimbal it hangs at 5%. If I move the Mavic Pro, it complains that I moved it. But the calibration procedure appears to be doing nothing.
2018-8-25
Use props
Scenario
New

Scenario Posted at 2018-8-25 09:33
Took forever to find that option in the menus. At first it said the gimbal was Restarting... Now each time I selection Calibrate Gimbal it hangs at 5%. If I move the Mavic Pro, it complains that I moved it. But the calibration procedure appears to be doing nothing.

Eventually the "Gimbal Calibration Failed" alert appears. All it says is to keep the aircraft stationary and Retry. I don't see any gimbal movement during the procedure, but I hear some motor noise.
2018-8-25
Use props
Scenario
New

I’m at a loss here. Tried everything. The Gimbal Status says Restarting... but it never moves. It just dangles there. And again, this drone has never been crashed or hard-landed. Do I need to send it in for repair?
2018-8-25
Use props
Scenario
New

I submitted a repair request and am sending my drone in. There's no physical damage anywhere on it so I don't understand how this can happen when it sits unused and my DJI Care runs out.
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Scenario Posted at 2018-8-25 14:23
I submitted a repair request and am sending my drone in. There's no physical damage anywhere on it so I don't understand how this can happen when it sits unused and my DJI Care runs out.

Hi, I do apologize for the inconvenience and trouble caused. Can you please try to perform restore factory default your Mavic Pro firmware via DJI Assistant 2? You will need to connect your drone to your PC or laptop. After that, please try to calibrate your gimbal again. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2018-8-25
Use props
Scenario
New

I had to unpack it all to try the Factory Reset and that was a big waste of time. This should confirm, however, this is an internal hardware defect — not software.
2018-8-25
Use props
fansccce94cc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14675 ft

You and a ton of others.... there should be a recall... This sounds stupid but as a temporary fix hold the drone in your hand and turn it on its side then start it up.... may take a couple of tries but mine worked was able to fly and take pictures.... just sent mine in today for repairs... can't wait to see what they will charge... it is a big problem... go on YOUTUBE or google the problem and you will see thousands having same problem....
2018-8-28
Use props
fansccce94cc
lvl.1

Worked with DJI on the problem nothing worked... re-calibration, re-calibration on desktop, software... tried it all... my, as yours, has not crashed, been dropped, or had any hard landings.....
2018-8-28
Use props
fansccce94cc
lvl.1

Not sure why they keep suggesting reset and reclaibration... they know it won't work
2018-8-28
Use props
fansccce94cc
lvl.1

Scenario Posted at 2018-8-25 14:23
I submitted a repair request and am sending my drone in. There's no physical damage anywhere on it so I don't understand how this can happen when it sits unused and my DJI Care runs out.

Feel like I am dealing with a CAR DEALERSHIP.... they know about this and should have put out a notice or recall.... but no.... send it in....!!!!!   $$$$$$... here is the dumb ass part.... I'll be buying the MP2 asap......
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansccce94cc Posted at 2018-8-28 11:07
Feel like I am dealing with a CAR DEALERSHIP.... they know about this and should have put out a notice or recall.... but no.... send it in....!!!!!   $$$$$$... here is the dumb ass part.... I'll be buying the MP2 asap......

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. If the issue will persist after exhausting the troubleshooting steps it would be better to send the unit to our facility for further evaluation so that our team can provide an appropriate solution.  Please let us know if you need our assistance.
2018-8-28
Use props
fansccce94cc
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-28 14:35
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. If the issue will persist after exhausting the troubleshooting steps it would be better to send the unit to our facility for further evaluation so that our team can provide an appropriate solution.  Please let us know if you need our assistance.

I sent it in already.....   Really don't feel like this is something I should have to pay for because it is a very common issue. Hoping DJI sees it that way as well...... I have not had any crashes or hard landings and I always travel with the gimbal secured and in a heavily padded case then inside a camera bag.... Thank you for your reply....
2018-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules