Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mobile Phone Holder can still be moved even when knob is locked
1261 7 2018-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thetalecatcher
lvl.1
Philippines

So you've got to knobs right, one is the adjustable arm knob and second is the mobile phone holder knob.

My issue is the Mobile Phone Holder can still be moved left or right even when the knob is fully locked so is this normal?
(See video below at 00:54 mark)

Every time I remove my phone and use the gimbal, the leveling/balance I did for the mobile phone holder (see 00:57 mark on the video) is lost. So do I have to balance this every time?

2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. For your first question, which knob are you referring to? Is it the balance adjustment knob or the holder lock knob? For the second question, once phone was removed, the gimbal will lose it's balance.
2018-8-25
Use props
thetalecatcher
lvl.1
Philippines

Wanda-

I could literally copy paste my initial comments to your question.

I already indicated that I'm talking about the mobile phone holder knob. I even indicated the video seconds mark to help you visualize.

Second, I know that removing the phone will make the gimbal be flopping around. What I meant was if I removed the phone and inserted it back, do I have to re-do the phone holder balancing? Because in my case it didn't retain the balance I set the first time.
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

thetalecatcher Posted at 2018-8-25 13:56
Wanda-

I could literally copy paste my initial comments to your question.

Hi. Thank you for the clarification. For the first question, yes, that is normal. For the second question, yes, you have to re-do it again.
2018-8-26
Use props
userf1d95a1ea1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 448110 ft
United States

Mine does the same thing. Why have a knob to lock it in if it doesn't lock it in? Why doesn't it work as it should? I actually think mine is getting more movable over time even though the the knob remains tight and locked.
2018-8-26
Use props
thetalecatcher
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-26 02:24
Hi. Thank you for the clarification. For the first question, yes, that is normal. For the second question, yes, you have to re-do it again.

So what's the purpose of the mobile phone holder knob if the position can still be moved?
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

thetalecatcher Posted at 2018-8-26 19:07
So what's the purpose of the mobile phone holder knob if the position can still be moved?

The purpose of the phone holder knob is if you want to change the orientation of your phone.
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

userf1d95a1ea1 Posted at 2018-8-26 18:37
Mine does the same thing. Why have a knob to lock it in if it doesn't lock it in? Why doesn't it work as it should? I actually think mine is getting more movable over time even though the the knob remains tight and locked.

The phone holder knob is for changing the orientation of the phone.
2018-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules