Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NFZ
1398 10 2018-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

Mavic question, I am running the original mavic and have not updated the software because of no fly zones. I use this for work and am near a uncontrolled airport that CASA say I can fly near using safety precautions. My question is that when I use the UAV forecast app showing the NFZ my mavic will fly in all the coloured circled areas apart for the dark pink one. That’s fine for me, however I would like to upgrade to the new Mavic 2 but will the software built in it (or the app) let me still fly in the same areas. If it starts limiting take off on all the other circles I will have a problem and can’t use it. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks
pic 1.jpg
2018-8-25
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

M2 will use the same Geo as the other drones so if it works now, it'll use then.

Don't use UAV Forecast for where you are, use the official CASA app.
2018-8-25
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-25 12:57
M2 will use the same Geo as the other drones so if it works now, it'll use then.

Don't use UAV Forecast for where you are, use the official CASA app.

Thanks but that doesn't really answer my question. I am running version 4.1.0 with dji go 4 App with aircraft version 01.03.0700. With this older version the NFZ updates are not on there so I can fly everywhere apart from the dark pink circle. I need to know if the new mavic with the latest software will change this. I don't use the CASA app because if I use that it says I cant fly anywhere when I can and CASA have confirmed this to me in writing. The CASA app is way over the top on flight path.
2018-8-25
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Just go to the DJI Geo website.  It has all the up to date NFZ entries.  Those apply to all the drones.

The MP is going to ship with the latest (at time of manufacturer) NFZ database.
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding with that I would definitely suggest to check here on the Geo-zone map and see if you can able to fly to the location you can just go to this link. https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2018-8-25
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2035676 ft
Australia

The DJI No Fly Zones only appear to have the controlled airports in it Bay Cruiser. All these Helicopter Landing Sites/non-controlled airports that the CASA app have in it don't seem to appear in the DJI database so the DJI GO app isn't going to be stopping you. It will just be up to you and CASA to determine if an approach path for a non-controlled airport or helicopter landing site actually exist or not so you know if the approach path is legitimate or not.
2018-8-25
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

Thanks Everyone, I will check out that link as I would hate to get the new bird and find because it has newer software to what I have it blocks me flying where I currently can fly.
2018-8-25
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

During the Live event they said the Geo fencing  would now help and now automatically stop pilots from entering NFZ  and maybe enhanced waring zones and special events ? So I'm assuming they are talking the 1 and 1/2 mile radius Red NFZ. Is that going to be in the Mavic 2 firmware ?
2018-8-25
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

Kingram Posted at 2018-8-25 18:26
During the Live event they said the Geo fencing  would now help and now automatically stop pilots from entering NFZ  and maybe enhanced waring zones and special events ? So I'm assuming they are talking the 1 and 1/2 mile radius Red NFZ. Is that going to be in the Mavic 2 firmware ?

Yep exactly, I just wondered if the NFZ have changed in all the updates compared to the version I am running. I understood they had and the NFZ where now larger and therefore would stop me from flying where I currently can fly.
2018-8-26
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-25 13:52
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding with that I would definitely suggest to check here on the Geo-zone map and see if you can able to fly to the location you can just go to this link. https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

Thanks Dji Stephen that link says that the NFZ have not changed in all the updated since I last updated my  bird and go app over 14 months ago. Therefore with a new mavic 2 purchase in the horizon I should still be able to fly in the same areas without restriction as the new one will have the latest updates.
2018-8-26
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2018-8-26 22:11
Thanks Dji Stephen that link says that the NFZ have not changed in all the updated since I last updated my  bird and go app over 14 months ago. Therefore with a new mavic 2 purchase in the horizon I should still be able to fly in the same areas without restriction as the new one will have the latest updates.

DJI Stephen can you please find out some info about the GEO announcement that was mentioned at the live event ?
2018-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules