"Error 70" on 5D Mark IV Body when cable is attached
3276 9 2018-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfd648072
New

Is anybody experiencing this? First day shooting full 4 hours events. Never had this kind of issue with Zhiyun Crane 2. Here's my set up:
Canon 5D Mark IV
Canon 16-35mm f/2.8
Firmware on Ronin S: v 1.3.0.20
Here's what's happening. Start and stop recording pressing the record button on the handle via cable attached to the camera. About 5-6 recordings, I get "Error 70" on the body. Tried without the cable, gimbal works just fine and no error on the body. It seems like something is not communicating well between the gimbal and the body when the cable is attached. Thoughts?

2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, our engineers are working with Canon to handle the SDK compatibility issues furtherly. It takes some time to optimize and test the compatibility, we'll try to figure this out through the firmware upgrade. Please also pay attention to the official website update announcement, thank you for your support.

Currently, you may refer the below to fix this temporarily. Sorry for this.
1. Set the power switch to and then turn the camera on again
2. Remove and install the battery again
3. Use a Canon lens.
2018-8-26
Use props
Bill
lvl.2
Flight distance : 729938 ft

Hello Susan,

I'm running the same configuration as the above post (fansfd648072) and am curious how the fix is going with this. Additionally, one one of my M4 camera bodies that I was running on the Ronin S just went into Cannon for its CLOG upgrade. When the camera was in being bench tested at Cannon they came up with a PCB 101 error which is a control board error that I think may have been caused by this same issue. Do you have information on this? Regards, Bill
2018-9-13
Use props
Wfuzaia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262051 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes I have the same issue I wonder why it happened, specially when I used The body without attaching  the  ronin s, cable then every things work fine
2018-9-23
Use props
Alan X
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1212221 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 8-26 22:29
Hi there, our engineers are working with Canon to handle the SDK compatibility issues furtherly. It takes some time to optimize and test the compatibility, we'll try to figure this out through the firmware upgrade. Please also pay attention to the official website update announcement, thank you for your support.

Currently, you may refer the below to fix this temporarily. Sorry for this.

Hi DJI “SUSAN” please update us about progress on a solution to this issue ASAP as I am unable to use my Ronin S as it keeps stopping the Canon 5D Mkiv during a shot with Err 70. I use Canon branded lenses so the lens is not as you say the issue. Your software is faulty and needs correcting. You must resolve this now. It’s been too long waiting since you said “we are working on it”. Every time I get the Err 70 I cannot turn off the camera - the only way is for me to slide it off the gimbal and remove the batteries - not possible every 3-4 minutes on a pro shoot. Sort it out. Thanks
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Alan X Posted at 11-6 02:59
Hi DJI “SUSAN” please update us about progress on a solution to this issue ASAP as I am unable to use my Ronin S as it keeps stopping the Canon 5D Mkiv during a shot with Err 70. I use Canon branded lenses so the lens is not as you say the issue. Your software is faulty and needs correcting. You must resolve this now. It’s been too long waiting since you said “we are working on it”. Every time I get the Err 70 I cannot turn off the camera - the only way is for me to slide it off the gimbal and remove the batteries - not possible every 3-4 minutes on a pro shoot. Sort it out. Thanks

Alan, I understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience. It is estimated that the firmware will be released soon, we'll keep following up. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2018-11-7
Use props
anya79
New
India

is that error solve in the firmware update version 1.1.6, if not please do something on that issue, we are very troubleshooting on field, you can also understand i suppose, thank you dji
2018-11-26
Use props
cristaRock
New
United States

The latest update did not fix this problem. When can we expect to be able to actually use the Ronin S? Why did I pay for something that doesn’t work?
2018-11-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

anya79 Posted at 11-26 20:20
is that error solve in the firmware update version 1.1.6, if not please do something on that issue, we are very troubleshooting on field, you can also understand i suppose, thank you dji

Hi anya79, we have just released V 1.7.0.60 which should have optimized this issue, please update to the latest version and try again, thank you.
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

cristaRock Posted at 11-28 11:46
The latest update did not fix this problem. When can we expect to be able to actually use the Ronin S? Why did I pay for something that doesn’t work?

Hi cristaRock, please check my post in 9#, thank you.
2018-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules