Unable to take off due to severe tilt
6900 12 2018-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shropshire_girl
New
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

Yesterday I went to fly my drone in a very open country field and it was unable to take off.

Take off sequence starts as normal, however as the drone starts to lift, it tilts to the front right causing the blades to hit the floor and therefore take off is stopped.
No warnings appear on the screen.

I have not made any adjustments to my drone and have had it over 3 months. I’ve never had any problems previously and all flights have been a success.

I have re calibrated the compass but the problem still occurs....
Any help and advice would be much appreciated please.
2018-8-25
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Have you checked the propellers if they are in the right place (white marked props on white marked motors, black on black)?
2018-8-25
Use props
Shropshire_girl
New
United Kingdom

I haven’t had a reason to change any blades since I bought it?
2018-8-25
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Shropshire_girl Posted at 2018-8-25 23:17
I haven’t had a reason to change any blades since I bought it?

Is one maybe damaged? If they are all well I fear you have to send it in for repair.
2018-8-25
Use props
Shropshire_girl
New
United Kingdom

This is what I originally thought the problem was but on checking them, they are all in good condition...

I’m going to try an IMU calibration and if that doesn’t work, I think you’re right... I’m going to have to send it away

Thank you for your help
2018-8-25
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2035676 ft
Australia

If I were getting this issue, I'd manually rotate each of the props to make sure none of them feel like they have more resistance than the other. Also just make sure all your props look to be in the same condition, no warping or irregularities. Then if that looks like, start the motors manually by holding the sticks diagonally down to the inside and then eyeballing it to see if everything looks to be even while it's idling there and if nothing looks or sounds wrong, hold the left stick up (assuming RC mode 2) and see if it takes off in the same unbalanced way.

If the motors feel right and neither showing more resistance than the others, I would be inclined to change the props just to be sure. You should hopefully have the spare set that came it and if not, they don't cost too much and you can always have it as a spare.
2018-8-25
Use props
Shropshire_girl
New
United Kingdom

I shall have a look and do all the checks you’ve suggested and get back to you - thank you
2018-8-25
Use props
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>

Sounds like IMU has to be calibrated.
2018-8-25
Use props
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>

The IMU is responsible for keeping the Mavic in level.
2018-8-25
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2035676 ft
Australia

Webcruise Posted at 2018-8-25 23:36
Sounds like IMU has to be calibrated.

Good point. I read "calibrated" but didn't notice it was only compass. Definitely do this one first then.
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Apologies for the trouble you had recently. Just to make sure I will include a video on how IMU calibration is done, kindly reach us again if the issue persists for a possible evaluation of your aircraft. Thank you.

How to Calibrate IMU on DJI Mavic Air
2018-8-26
Use props
Jordan Boyd
New

United States

I definitely think these aren’t the right props can someone tell me I’m right because I bought them for 5 bucks from a sketchy guy off Facebook marketplace & when I got home to try and put them on they didn’t go on
image.jpg
image.jpg
2020-10-7
Use props
SniperLXX
New

United States

I am having the same trouble as described by Shropshire_girl above.  I have recalibrated the IMU and the compass.  

Unfortunately, it didn't change a thing, I am still going through propellers every time I attempt to take off.

Any further suggestions?
2022-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules