Parallax View Issue
2161 8 2018-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mitalpatel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104560 ft
India

I am trying to do paralllax view keeping subject in center and circum it with Ronin-S.
Tried using all 3 user mode.
I keep the M button pressed and then move around but the video comes to shaky wobbly.
Do I need to do any settings or use another way to keep the frame completelly stable ?

Here is the test I just made.

Kindlly Guide.
I am on shoot and need to make some shots like this ..
Urgent helpl appreciated.
2018-8-26
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I just picked up my ronin s and found this setup to eliminate the up/down movement you are having..  https://www.came-tv.com/products ... ophet-usa-warehouse
2018-8-26
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you're holding the "M" button, doesn't that enable Sport Mode? If so, isn't the gimbal behaving as intended?
2018-8-26
Use props
Chris_E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 243474 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Better get some practice... This kind of shot is perfectly doable, but you need to practice. It's not just a magical setting that will help you. The sports mode is useless for that, why the heck could it make your shot more stable compared to the regular modes?
2018-8-26
Use props
Surface2Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 167441 ft
Canada

Ya, sports mode (holding M) won't help. Sports mode is good for fast movements. Use a custom mode with settings for deadband, smoothing that are less sensitive - play with the settings to find one that works for you and practice the movement again and again. The hardest part will be to dampen the up and down movement of your steps.. ninja walking required.
2018-8-26
Use props
Kune
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

What happens is that there are 2 panning corrections at the same time, and sports mode doesn't hep neither.  The one you do and the do one ronin does. For parallax effect I try to use the same principle I use with my glidecam.

I turn my body a bit,  I try to keep the object I want to keep focus, in the center of the viewfinder  I trace an imaginary circle,.to then instead of allowing to the ronin to do the panning or correct it.....  I do it myself, keeping the ronin S at the center. So what I accomplish doing so, it is that the Ronin-S only does the minimum in terms of panning.
2018-8-27
Use props
Haxorious
lvl.2

Let go of the damn M button. In your app, set the Smooth Track Speed, Deadband and Acceleration to Low, all of them.
I'd advise you to disable Smooth Track for the Tilt axis, and only use the joytick for up and down tilts.
2018-8-27
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yup... this just looks like footage of someone who didn't read the manual.  You will get this right my friend.  Read the manual, and practice like crazy.  Practice walking by bending your knees slightly and rolling each foot onto the ground from heel to toe.  When you practice this, you will notice that your walking gets very quiet and even silent.  This is how you know you are gliding instead of bouncing with each step.
Admittedly, I benefit from years of... (wait for it)... marching band.  I learned at a very young age how to glide-walk so I could play my instrument without interruption.  Really came in handy when I started using gimbals.
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. You can send an email to our team for further help in regards to this. Please see the address below.

support.us@dji.com
2018-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules