photos not found in phone
1293 10 2018-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wrozzi
New

Drone seems to be taking still shots, but none are stored in phones gallery. No warning on screen about memory being full.
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. Please tap the Playback button lower right part of the screen and then you will see the photos that you took and download, after which you will be able to see it in the gallery of your iPhone. Hope this helps. Thank you.

2018-8-26
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unless you've downloaded the photos to your mobile device, you will only be able to see them in DJI GO when your Mavic is powered on and connected to DJI GO. It's easier to access the photos by removing the memory card from the Mavic and inserting into a computer. That's also the quickest way to retrieve all of the files.
2018-8-26
Use props
TX99517
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274649 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine used to download cache photos automatically to phone.  Don't know if recent updates changed that as yesterday I noticed it not doing it.  I kinda got worried for a minute but the next flight I checked and they were definitely on the SD card.  
2018-8-26
Use props
djiuser_nNs8m7kcrzqv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124879 ft
United Kingdom

Just discovered photos are no longer being saved in cache on iPhone but videos are. I have reinstalled DJI GO 4 but photos still not saving in photo album  but they do show up in flight records and are on the SD card ?

Any ideas as I like to use low quality cache files for Facebook ?
2018-8-27
Use props
Rbstansbury
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7579 ft
United States

djiuser_nNs8m7kcrzqv Posted at 2018-8-27 04:23
Just discovered photos are no longer being saved in cache on iPhone but videos are. I have reinstalled DJI GO 4 but photos still not saving in photo album  but they do show up in flight records and are on the SD card ?

Any ideas as I like to use low quality cache files for Facebook ?[view_image][view_image]

same exact issue I'm having but with 'spark' since latest Go update, video's are fine but no photos saved in GO app even know they show in flight record and are on sd card?
2018-8-27
Use props
djiuser_nNs8m7kcrzqv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124879 ft
United Kingdom

Rbstansbury Posted at 2018-8-27 04:52
same exact issue I'm having but with 'spark' since latest Go update, video's are fine but no photos saved in GO app even know they show in flight record and are on sd card?

At last I’ve found someone with the same issue! Thought I was going mad!!
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rbstansbury Posted at 2018-8-27 04:52
same exact issue I'm having but with 'spark' since latest Go update, video's are fine but no photos saved in GO app even know they show in flight record and are on sd card?

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to clarify that the cache file will be generated only for video, not for a photo right? Did you check the photos if it's stored in the SD card? Please provide your firmware version and app version that can be checked in the DJI GO 4 app under "About" Please keep us posted for further assistance.
2018-8-27
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

This bug has been present for a LONG time now.  4.2.6 for me.  (https://forum.dji.com/thread-139268-1-1.html)  The selector on the app is set to cache photos on the phone.  But it doesn't.  On mine, not until about 4 hours later and THEN I get thumbnails appearing on my phone.  (15 kb in size and too blurry to be of use.  They show up in a album named "CACHE_IMAGES" or something like that)  
The work around that Gamora mentioned WILL work, if you remember to download them prior to shutting everything off.  My question has always been, if they don't automatically download to the device, then WHY is there still a button on the app to tell it to download them??  And why do I get tiny thumbnail images long after the flight that are of no use to anyone because of the quality of the pictures?  

The photos on the SD card are perfect.  Pristine and clear.  They are fine.  It's just the images on the device.  The videos are perfect on the SD card and are perfect on the Device.  This ONLY affects the Photos saved to the phone.  And I'm not shooting RAW.  
2018-8-27
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

ps...  

latest firmware version on drone and device.  
Samsung Note 5 Android 7.1
Go4 App, 4.3.0 loaded this morning and untested.  Was running 4.2.24??  Whatever the latest was.  
2018-8-27
Use props
Rbstansbury
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7579 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-27 13:07
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to clarify that the cache file will be generated only for video, not for a photo right? Did you check the photos if it's stored in the SD card? Please provide your firmware version and app version that can be checked in the DJI GO 4 app under "About" Please keep us posted for further assistance.

yes photos are on card just not in GO app however they are in the flight record, same exact issue as above, this never happened before as I was always able to access photos from GO app and download to phone from there just as I do with video (which still works as always)  spark -.1000, rc - .600, latest GO app,  IOS
2018-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules