Jello problem, not dead foam
1339 14 2015-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
antlvk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 539347 ft
Malaysia

I get this jello when hovering and flying slow. It's alright when flying up down left right n turn with some speed like 40% above then the jello is gone. Anyone know how to solve this problem?
2015-5-27
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

Can you post some YouTube video samples so we can see what it's doing?
2015-5-27
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jello comes from the shutter speed being too high. It's best to adjust shutter speed on your camera to one or two times the frame rate. So if you are shooting at 29 frames per second, set the shutter speed to 30 or 60.
2015-5-27
Use props
antlvk
lvl.2
Malaysia

should not be shutter cause even noon time also same. i'm uploading the footage now. let check it out together
2015-5-27
Use props
antlvk
lvl.2
Malaysia

2015-5-27
Use props
antlvk
lvl.2
Malaysia

Changed to spare props, the problem is gone. Why so fast the new props just flu few times and doesn't hit anything balance went off? First day are OK.
2015-5-28
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

antlvk@gmail.co Posted at 2015-5-28 21:26
Changed to spare props, the problem is gone. Why so fast the new props just flu few times and doesn' ...

You might have bent a prop from storage. I know some people leave their props on the quad since the fit them to their cases. However the foam from that secure feel  fit is pushing down on the blades.

Try setting the blades out in the sun for some time to see if they will flex back into shape.
2015-5-28
Use props
Anthony Lam
lvl.2
Malaysia

Thanks, may need order few more props, CF props cut down fly time right?
2015-5-28
Use props
Anthony Lam
lvl.2
Malaysia

Actually today i fly again and found out there is jello again but less...... OMG this is annoying
2015-5-29
Use props
itsakirkbeat
lvl.2

United States

Anthony Lam Posted at 2015-5-29 16:16
Actually today i fly again and found out there is jello again but less...... OMG this is annoying

Ever figure out your problem?  Im getting jelllo but only at certain speeds and when the camera is angled up.  None really when its angled down
2015-6-9
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

It has nothing to do with props, the jello effect is caused by gimbal vibrations. Some P3 gimbals will vibrate when the p3 is powered on or at certain angles, some more, some less amd some are perfect. This vibrating is visible as a jello effect in the recorded footage. Im not sure why that happens but it could be the case that the standard PID data DJI is using will not fit for every gimbal because every motor is anit different but we can only speculate. Interesting here is that mine said MC error and another Jello phantom said the same. And it said gimbal IMu error, rebooting once. Maybe this is just a software thing and you need custom PIDs for your gimbal.
2015-6-9
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

itsakirkbeat Posted at 2015-6-10 05:13
Ever figure out your problem?  Im getting jelllo but only at certain speeds and when the camera is ...

Jello at high speed seems normal, normally it is when the gimbal reaches its limits and high speed is a limit. It should not appear in hovering
2015-6-9
Use props
itsakirkbeat
lvl.2

United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-6-10 05:34
Jello at high speed seems normal, normally it is when the gimbal reaches its limits and high speed ...

It appears when hovering as well.  Anytime the camera is angled forward it happens periodically not always.  It ruins the footage though and I cant depend on it to get footage.  The jello is ruining it for me.  I ordered from Adorama I wonder if they will send me a replacement or will they try to have it send off for "repairs"  Do you think these jello issues people have can be fixed by firmware updates or the gimbals are just bad and need replaced?
2015-6-9
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

itsakirkbeat Posted at 2015-6-10 05:43
It appears when hovering as well.  Anytime the camera is angled forward it happens periodically no ...

I have no idea, everything is speculation. The only thing i know is that there are perfect P3 gimbals out there without any vibrations at all, If it is true and some gimbals dont accept the standard PID than it obviously cant be solved with FW because you would need a special FW just for your gimbal. If its a Fw thing than why you have perfect gimbals as well?

Maybe it is just a small hardware adjustment like a screw is loose or the ribbon cable is to tight etc.. Who knows. I will definately bring mine to DJi because the jello is just too bad even with reduced shutter speeds ln every angle. You just cant remove the jello effect with software
2015-6-9
Use props
itsakirkbeat
lvl.2

United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-6-10 06:24
I have no idea, everything is speculation. The only thing i know is that there are perfect P3 gimb ...

Well Im not impressed with their quality control.  i wish I had gotten a proper working one.  Only reason I oredered it was for the video capabilities.  Without being able to use the footage the quad is useless to me
2015-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules