Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Manual Mode changes, shutter speed.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone noticed a change in the way manual mode works on the P4P or P4A? This morning my P4A would not change the shutter speed by toggling the right front dial. It would toggle from ISO to aperture, skipping over shutter speed. Shutter speed was not accessible via clicking the dial. Normally in manual mode, it toggles from ISO to shutter speed to aperture f/#. The change was first observed today (did the Go 4 App update recently?). In order to change my shutter speed I needed to click the on-screen camera settings button on the right, and bring up the full menu of exposure settings. This is far less convenient than the usual method. It is more like the way it has to be done on the Mavic Air, again, far less convenient than the normal method for the P4P and P4A. I'm interested in hearing from those who always do manual exposure adjustments, as I do. Have you too noticed this change? Is there a way to reset it without resetting everything? DJI, please comment! Thanks.
2018-8-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Reload the app?

RedHotPoker
2018-8-26
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The Go 4 app seems to be working perfectly in every other respect, but it is worth a try. Will give it a go, thanks.
2018-8-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

IflewbyU2 Posted at 2018-8-26 11:58
The Go 4 app seems to be working perfectly in every other respect, but it is worth a try. Will give it a go, thanks.

Make sure that you delete the internet cache and cookies then reboot before you reinstall...

Please let me know if any improvement is noticed. Thanks

RedHotPoker
2018-8-26
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-26 12:20
Make sure that you delete the internet cache and cookies then reboot before you reinstall...

I'll let you know, thanks again!
2018-8-26
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-26 12:20

Reinstalling the Go 4 App fixed the problem, thank you. Doing so always messes with a few settings, as it did this time. But sometimes it is necessary! Thanks much for your helpful suggestion!
2018-8-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

IflewbyU2 Posted at 2018-8-26 13:19
Reinstalling the Go 4 App fixed the problem, thank you. Doing so always messes with a few settings, as it did this time. But sometimes it is necessary! Thanks much for your helpful suggestion!

Thanks for the kind & prompt reply back...

Glad it helped to get you back on track. That’s great news. ;-)

Always happy to lend a hand, or voice.

Enjoy your drone, and time well spent while in the forum...

RedHotPoker
2018-8-26
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

IflewbyU2 Posted at 2018-8-26 13:19

Aloha Flewby,

Good to hear you got the problem resolved.  Sometimes, it is a good idea to make screen captures of your favorite settings and keep them in a special file.  That way when you have to reinstall (like this), you have all the settings properly recorded so you can fly with your preferences and things are back to normal sooner.

Another option, as you get more experience, is to make slight changes to your settings from past flight experiences and test them out to see is you like the new settings better or the old one was your real preference.  That way, you will still have the old settings.  Be sure to screen capture the new settings if you like them.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I love experimenting with my camera settings then viewing the results later on with the big screen.

I do the same with my Nikon D800 particularly with the 80-400mm lens attached. It’s a heavy rig. Made for big captures... ha

RedHotPoker
2018-8-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2018-8-26 15:06
Aloha Flewby,

Good to hear you got the problem resolved.  Sometimes, it is a good idea to make screen captures of your favorite settings and keep them in a special file.  That way when you have to reinstall (like this), you have all the settings properly recorded so you can fly with your preferences and things are back to normal sooner.

Post some Pics!?

Still concerned about you over there...
Plans for the flood?

RedHotPoker
2018-8-26
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-26 19:17
Post some Pics!?

Still concerned about you over there...

Aloha RHP,

Nothing happened.  Lane was just on a windsurfing vacation and petered out.  I got everything set up to fly as soon as the humidity gets back to manageable.  

I put my P4 up in the air with some serious humidity and borderline rain the other day.  I flew up into the mountain and into a cloud as it turned out.  My lens started getting raindrops on it, so I decided to get closer to home.  As I was exiting the cloud, my gimbal went limp but it did try to get it up a few times.  By the time I returned the mile to land, the gimbal was working fairly well.  When I replaced the battery for another flight, the restart had the gimbal working in top shape.

Mahalo for your concern, but everything is back to normal now.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2018-8-26 22:11
Aloha RHP,

Nothing happened.  Lane was just on a windsurfing vacation and petered out.  I got everything set up to fly as soon as the humidity gets back to manageable.  

Glad to hear it. Be safe...

Yes, share some exotic locale pics, please...

RedHotPoker
2018-8-26
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-8-26 15:06
Aloha Flewby,

Thanks much!
2018-8-27
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-26 14:24
Thanks for the kind & prompt reply back...

Glad it helped to get you back on track. That’s great news. ;-)

Thanks much for the solution!
2018-8-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

IflewbyU2 Posted at 2018-8-27 11:31
Thanks much for the solution!

The forum is here for you...

Please Post some Pics... hahaha

Yes, of course the reloading of the app, will often reset some camera parameter settings back to factory.
Unless they were already set there... haha

Thankfully the DJI cameras are still pretty elementary, far as user friendly controls are minor, when talked about.

Not much to go back and redo.

One thing to remember, sometimes when you update the app or firmware, some controls and tabs can change names, locations, or even be omitted or added.

So going through the app thoroughly, will help you locate & reset your favorite settings, but help you become familiar with their locations as well.

RedHotPoker

2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, however, we're glad to know that the issue has been sorted. Please let us know if you have other concerns. thank you for the support.
2018-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules