Steady Yellow light on my Mavic Air?
7511 21 2018-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneflyerDK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12195 ft

So here is the deal.

I bought a drone in the US via amazon warehouse deals, and what I recieved was definately not what I bargined for. Got a Mavic pro controller instead of the Air controler, Dead battery and lacking the right cables for charging etc.

Today I bought a new battery to see if the drone actually worked at all and the error I now have (if you can call it that) is just a steady wellow light whan I turn it on.
After turning it on, the drone simply Twitch the propellers and then the status light on the back displays a solid Yellow colour. No blinking, no sounds. Just the light. I have looked everywhere, but apparently I am the only one whith this problem??

I would welcome any help I can get before I have to contant amazon (again):

yellow light

yellow light
2018-8-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mavic Air won’t work with Mavic Pro controller send it back.
2018-8-26
Use props
DroneflyerDK
lvl.1

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-26 10:23
Mavic Air won’t work with Mavic Pro controller send it back.

Thats not the issue. Forget the controller- Another one is on the way. We are strictly talking turning on the drone, and seeing the described yellow steady light.
2018-8-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DroneflyerDK Posted at 2018-8-26 10:34
Thats not the issue. Forget the controller- Another one is on the way. We are strictly talking turning on the drone, and seeing the described yellow steady light.

If that wasn’t the problem why mention it ? I’m not the one causing the confusion here, there is no explanation for steady yellow light given in the manual.
That light is also a button have you tried switching it off.

2018-8-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

DroneflyerDK Posted at 2018-8-26 10:34
Thats not the issue. Forget the controller- Another one is on the way. We are strictly talking turning on the drone, and seeing the described yellow steady light.

Might be worth installing DJI Assistant 2 on a PC and connect Mavic Air and check/update or refresh firmware or factory reset.
2018-8-26
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310489 ft
United Arab Emirates

its better you return both AC and RC  in this case
2018-8-26
Use props
DroneflyerDK
lvl.1

Sounds like it could be a real issue! sounds like updating etc. might be a good place to start actually.
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. I would like to clarify if we can connect to the wi-fi of the drone to see if there will be an error message on the DJI GO 4 app as there is no information to this specific behavior of the light? I would recommend downloading the DJI Assistant 2 and update the firmware to see if the issue will persist. Please let us know on the latest progress. Kindly see the link below for you to download the application.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2018-8-26
Use props
Barryhendy
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-26 14:35
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. I would like to clarify if we can connect to the wi-fi of the drone to see if there will be an error message on the DJI GO 4 app as there is no information to this specific behavior of the light? I would recommend downloading the DJI Assistant 2 and update the firmware to see if the issue will persist. Please let us know on the latest progress. Kindly see the link below for you to download the application.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads

I am having the same solid yellow light issue after just 10 days and a few flights with my air.

It seems like it has completely died. The  Assist software on a pc can’t connect. It really looks like it is dead. Any clues or success on this?
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Barryhendy Posted at 1-4 00:21
I am having the same solid yellow light issue after just 10 days and a few flights with my air.

It seems like it has completely died. The  Assist software on a pc can’t connect. It really looks like it is dead. Any clues or success on this?

Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. May we know if you RC is still connected to the aircraft? If yes, is there any error message on the DJI GO 4 app? Would it be possible if you could provide a short video in this situation? You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here for further help. Thank you for the support.
2019-1-4
Use props
Barryhendy
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 1-4 08:37
Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. May we know if you RC is still connected to the aircraft? If yes, is there any error message on the DJI GO 4 app? Would it be possible if you could provide a short video in this situation? You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here for further help. Thank you for the support.

I will prepare a video, but there is not much to show.

I was showing a friend the drone but it was a very hot (40 c) and windy day, but the drone flew fine. When it landed it went a bit crazy - one blade turned a few times then it stopped.

Now it is unresponsive. The controller doesn’t connect and neither does assist or via wifi. There is no beep or response to the button/light on the back. The gimbal is not moving. It just sits with the light very bright - kind of yellow-green like all the led are on. The light does give a very smaller flicker every second or so.

I have tried different batteries and let it cool down.

When I plug the USB in to a pc and try assist the internal fan pulses on and off and the light dims on about a 2 second cycle, but no connection.
2019-1-4
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Barryhendy Posted at 1-4 13:04

I was showing a friend the drone but it was a very hot (40 c) and windy day, but the drone flew fine. When it landed it went a bit crazy - one blade turned a few times then it stopped.

ya mavic air in my experience and from people have mentioned here before when it was summer in northern hemisphere it sounds like it struggles in the heat, specially extreme heat...  i had mine roast a bit but no failure just lost encoder and ESC warning popup then it started emergency auto landing you cannot cancel only guid it wot where final landing point will be and moment it lands it shuts off.

however that being said i never seen solid yellow from overheating, that thing must have been cooked good to go that off that bad.    usually the drone will throwing up errors and well before it cooks itself you drop the encoder (no video feed), and get main body/control errors being through up in the app.. for it to function all the way back down to the ground then give up is really interesting and kind of impressive engineering even though was a failure at least didn't fall from the sky
2019-1-4
Use props
Barryhendy
lvl.1
Australia

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-4 14:23
ya mavic air in my experience and from people have mentioned here before when it was summer in northern hemisphere it sounds like it struggles in the heat, specially extreme heat...  i had mine roast a bit but no failure just lost encoder and ESC warning popup then it started emergency auto landing you cannot cancel only guid it wot where final landing point will be and moment it lands it shuts off.

however that being said i never seen solid yellow from overheating, that thing must have been cooked good to go that off that bad.    usually the drone will throwing up errors and well before it cooks itself you drop the encoder (no video feed), and get main body/control errors being through up in the app.. for it to function all the way back down to the ground then give up is really interesting and kind of impressive engineering even though was a failure at least didn't fall from the sky

I only flew for about 3 or 4 minutes. Yes - I think I was lucky it died just as it landed and not in flight.

here is a video of its current state.:
2019-1-4
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Barryhendy Posted at 1-4 15:39
I only flew for about 3 or 4 minutes. Yes - I think I was lucky it died just as it landed and not in flight.

here is a video of its current state.: Dead Mavic Air

wow, doesn't even complete POST (power on self test) ..is a very small twitch to the props..then dies.  it is a goner, rip, my condolences, sounds like have to replace the unit either via DJI's horrible customer service or take it back to the store and exchange it.

if it cannot complete power on self test (POST) it isnt going to even connect via USB to dji assistant application because POST comes before any of that can happen..     something has failed and locking it up on POST and cannot finish it.   i imagine solid yellow on POST means something internally with DJI's repair tech.. maybe indicating which item failed.
my guess. solid yellow = SoC connection failure..  like SOC started lifting off the board from heat/heat cycles a bit and bad connection.  i remeber Sony PS3's did a yelow light of death when thier CPUs or GPUs slightly lifted from the boards too and was some indcation of life at boot initially before just locked up flashed yellow at you
2019-1-4
Use props
Barryhendy
lvl.1
Australia

Barryhendy Posted at 1-4 15:39
I only flew for about 3 or 4 minutes. Yes - I think I was lucky it died just as it landed and not in flight.

here is a video of its current state.: Dead Mavic Air

I sent my MA off to the local repair centre and it was diagnosed as expected - a dead main controller. So it appears I had an early-life failure of the main control board, probably triggered by the high heat of the day. So the conclusion: A solid bright yellow light means your drone is dead ..

I also have to say the Melbourne repair centre did a great job. They obviously prefer owners not go to their factory - but I work close by so I by-passed the retailer and mail system and dropped my drone in Monday lunchtime - and a new one was ready to collect Thursday. Thanks guys!
2019-1-9
Use props
Макс
lvl.1

Singapore

Barryhendy Posted at 1-4 13:04

I was showing a friend the drone but it was a very hot (40 c) and windy day, but the drone flew fine. When it landed it went a bit crazy - one blade turned a few times then it stopped.

I have the same problem, where to find the answer? What is the reason and how to solve it?
2019-1-29
Use props
blindklv
lvl.1
United States

I have the exact same issue. Solid yellow light and it doesn't even post. No fans ramp up. No ability to connect to PC, Mac, phone, ipad, RC, or a potatoe. Not able to hard reset. Have tried holding the rear button a number of different intervals with no luck.

When using another battery, the fan ramps up and you will see red, green, yellow lights flashing for 20 odd minutes until the battery eventually dies. Solid red lights also appear on the front of the drone.

It's really unfortunate as I planned on using this for my business. I bought this drone with the Fly More package in December of 2019. Babied it since day 1. Managed to shoot around 30 seconds of footage before running into these issues. I essentially paid over $800 for a minutes-worth experience with DJI. I feel absolutely fleeced.

Thanks for reading I guess.
2020-9-25
Use props
yahuaca
lvl.1

Mexico

Hello, could anyone solve this problem?
2021-7-23
Use props
Mvivanc
New

Mexico

I have the same issue, please if somebody has information share it.
2022-5-2
Use props
djiuser_7J8kI8oPTVpd
lvl.1

United States

imy mavic air has the same problem. is there no way to repair this without replacing the whole unit? how much is a main control board?
2022-12-29
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
France

djiuser_7J8kI8oPTVpd Posted at 12-29 12:56
imy mavic air has the same problem. is there no way to repair this without replacing the whole unit? how much is a main control board?

Do you get any error in the app?
2022-12-29
Use props
KAK000
New

United States

purchased mine from Amazon last year and found out the software is no longer available...$$$ waste....willing to sell parts
2023-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules