Ronin-S not showing in Ronin Assistant to do a firmware update
11106 24 2018-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdd99abef
New

I followed the DJI video instructions but can not get the ronin-s to show up in the ronin assistant software to do a firmware update.  When the USB-C cable is connected to the ronin and to the laptop, the battery grip light on the ronin starts charging. The battery is 90% full. What do I need to do for the Ronin S to show in the Ronin Assistant software? Please be specific on how to with your answers. Thanks
2018-8-26
Use props
fella5
lvl.1

Netherlands

I had the same issue during an upgrade, however the assistant was able to detect the Ronin when I had both the grip batter and the gimbal powered off.  I was using a MacBook.
2018-8-26
Use props
fansdd99abef
New

fella5 Posted at 2018-8-26 10:44
I had the same issue during an upgrade, however the assistant was able to detect the Ronin when I had both the grip batter and the gimbal powered off.  I was using a MacBook.

I tried it with the battery turned off, with the battery on and with the battery and gimbal on. No luck, I am using a windows 10 laptop. When you got yours to work do you remember if the battery was in charging mode? Meaning did the lights on the grip indicate it was charging? I am not sure if there is a way to switch it from charging to data?
2018-8-26
Use props
fansdd99abef
New

Apparently, I downloaded the wrong Ronin Assistant Version. I originally downloaded Ronin Assistant, make sure to download Ronin Pro-Assistant. Now everything is fine.
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansdd99abef Posted at 2018-8-26 11:25
Apparently, I downloaded the wrong Ronin Assistant Version. I originally downloaded Ronin Assistant, make sure to download Ronin Pro-Assistant. Now everything is fine.

Hi there, sorry for the late response and glad to know the issue has been figured out, please let us know if there is any other issue. Hope you have a great time with Ronin-S.
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fella5 Posted at 2018-8-26 10:44

Hi fella5, sorry to know you have the same issue, could you please help to verify if you installed the right DJI Pro Assistant? If yes, how about re-installing or try another computer?
2018-8-26
Use props
MoggDawg
New
Flight distance : 30344 ft
Australia

I had the same problem with 2 green center lights staying on and my Ronin app was showing 0% battery and battery status N/A. After trying to update again I decided to use the USB-C cord that came with the Ronin S. I previous used the USB-C that came with my Lacie hard drive as I was using my Dell XPS 13 that only has USB-C ports.
2018-10-20
Use props
fans94d436c6
New
Greece

Hello i have the dji ronin S for 3 months and i can't do my update on the firmware too. I have the app of Ronin into my iphone and the DJI assistant also, i try to connect with the cable into the PC but nothing happens do i have to download a software into my destop and if i do please send me a link i cant find it anywhere...
2018-12-27
Use props
fans94d436c6
New
Greece

Hello i have the dji ronin S for 3 months and i can't do my update on the firmware too. I have the app of Ronin into my iphone and the DJI assistant also, i try to connect with the cable into the PC but nothing happens do i have to download a software into my destop and if i do please send me a link i cant find it anywhere...
2018-12-27
Use props
fans94d436c6
New
Greece

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-26 23:50
Hi there, sorry for the late response and glad to know the issue has been figured out, please let us know if there is any other issue. Hope you have a great time with Ronin-S.

2018-12-27
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
China

Go here to download: https://www.dji.com/ronin-s/info#downloads
2018-12-27
Use props
Gadget Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I had similar issue today on my new Ronin S.  It would not connect to  App on phone so I hooked it up to my laptop to update firmware.  DJI assistant did not see it and my laotop; which is a MS Surface Book 2nd gen gave me a power demand issue with ronin s attached.  Hooked the Ronin S up to my Desktop whicH has a beefy USB board and DJI assistant found the Ronin S right away.  Oddly enough this brand new Ronin just shipped new from DJI China had firmware outdated from 3 revisions ago.  After I updated firmware the phone App found the Ronin S and was able to activate and start using the unit.
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans94d436c6 Posted at 12-27 07:02
Hello i have the dji ronin S for 3 months and i can't do my update on the firmware too. I have the app of Ronin into my iphone and the DJI assistant also, i try to connect with the cable into the PC but nothing happens do i have to download a software into my destop and if i do please send me a link i cant find it anywhere...

Hi there, may I verify if you downloaded the correct DJI Pro Assistant For Ronin v2.0.0 into your computer?
Download link: https://www.dji.com/ronin-s/info#downloads
2018-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gadget Guy Posted at 12-27 15:36
I had similar issue today on my new Ronin S.  It would not connect to  App on phone so I hooked it up to my laptop to update firmware.  DJI assistant did not see it and my laotop; which is a MS Surface Book 2nd gen gave me a power demand issue with ronin s attached.  Hooked the Ronin S up to my Desktop whicH has a beefy USB board and DJI assistant found the Ronin S right away.  Oddly enough this brand new Ronin just shipped new from DJI China had firmware outdated from 3 revisions ago.  After I updated firmware the phone App found the Ronin S and was able to activate and start using the unit.

Hi Gadget Guy, please always keep the firmware and the APP up to date and let us know if there is any further issue.
2018-12-28
Use props
Gadget Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I usually keep my Apps and firmware up to date.  It appears the Ronin S pulls to much current on some computers, mainly Laptops probably when trying to update via the assistant program.  My ronin was fully charge when I tried on my laptop and got the USB power message via windows.  When I switched to my full size tower PC which by as a high mA USB charging capability I had no issues connecting to the ronin s via the assistant. Not sure what the fix is here , unless you can adjust and lower the mA demand on the ronin s USB communications port.  
2018-12-28
Use props
Akila
New
Flight distance : 5876 ft
Australia

We spend thousands of dollars to buy your products and it's your responsibility to make issues correct. Please bring up a bug fix!
2019-12-4
Use props
Otjep
lvl.1
Flight distance : 328461 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I also experienced the same thing... Want to update my Firmware Ronin-S to 2.2.1.10. using WIndows 10 but NOT working.
So I use my friend Mac Book download the firmware and update it... It works smoothly.

In Windows it's stuck when trying to find the firmware on the Ronin-S but on Mac it works smoothly then update it easily.
Now my Ronin-S updated well to v2.2.1.10.
Hopefully it works for someone who had experienced the same thing like me.
2020-2-5
Use props
mnliew
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-12-28 00:02
Hi there, may I verify if you downloaded the correct DJI Pro Assistant For Ronin v2.0.0 into your computer?
Download link: https://www.dji.com/ronin-s/info#downloads

Hi There,

I am Using a MAC  I downloaded the latest DJI Assistant
DJI Pro Assistant For Ronin v2.0.2. When I try to install my Mac Say this Application is not Compatible to my Mac OS Catalina v10.15.3.

will there be a update?
2020-2-5
Use props
djiuser_YVaSySJ1URrr
New

United Kingdom

Hi I'm having a similar problem. I started updating the firmware versions for my new Ronin s. It was all going smoothly. I did notice that the driver was not compatible but this didn't stop me updating. However, I went away from my MacBook and when I came back although nothing had changed, it was still plugged in, it wasn't connected any longer. I've tried rebooting, reinstalling but can't get my Mac to see the Ronin s. Please can you help?
2020-5-10
Use props
Brownology
New

Italy

djiuser_YVaSySJ1URrr Posted at 5-10 04:43
Hi I'm having a similar problem. I started updating the firmware versions for my new Ronin s. It was all going smoothly. I did notice that the driver was not compatible but this didn't stop me updating. However, I went away from my MacBook and when I came back although nothing had changed, it was still plugged in, it wasn't connected any longer. I've tried rebooting, reinstalling but can't get my Mac to see the Ronin s. Please can you help? [view_image]

the same issue! RONIN-S with Mac Os High Sierra, doesn't connect with DJI Pro Assistant 2.0.2i don't know what to do!!!!!

2020-7-14
Use props
djiuser_oeTJt585cIij
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_YVaSySJ1URrr Posted at 2020-5-10 04:43
Hi I'm having a similar problem. I started updating the firmware versions for my new Ronin s. It was all going smoothly. I did notice that the driver was not compatible but this didn't stop me updating. However, I went away from my MacBook and when I came back although nothing had changed, it was still plugged in, it wasn't connected any longer. I've tried rebooting, reinstalling but can't get my Mac to see the Ronin s. Please can you help? [view_image]

has anyone figured this out yet? im running the right programs. never once been able to update since purchase 1 year ago
2021-6-10
Use props
fansdd904a41
lvl.1

Thailand

RESOLVED!! Had a nightmare with the updating issues. Finally sorted it out disconnect the battery completely and and then follow the procedures I really hope people will be as lucky as me if they are have troubles.
2021-6-12
Use props
BigPayday35
New

United States

ISSUE RESOLVED!
This is the "end-all-be-all" solution to this matter. It's frustrating when you're trying to figure out the fix, and there's a bunch of nonsense solutions and repetitive questions in this thread.
So i'm hoping this information will help someone out, because none of the solutions previous to this one did anything for me.
I almost went crazy trying to figure out why neither my Macbook Pro or PC tower wasn't connecting, but the answer is your cable.
Don't use the USB-C to USB-A cable that came with the Ronin-S.
Get yourself a robust cable, and in case you aren't aware, not all cables are created equal.
So basically follow the steps, only difference will be use a better quality cable.
1) Download the correct software: DJI Assistant Pro for Ronin.
2) Run software and input your login info.
3) Power the battery on the gimbal (although I don't think you need to).
4) Use an appropriate cable that will transfer adequate power/data from gimbal to computer.
I used a USB-C to USB-C cable with USB-A adapter tip for my Mac USB-A port (older model).
I knew this cable would work because I normally use it to power up a RAID storage unit I have.
5) Once you connect the cable, the Assistant Pro should bring up the Ronin Icon, and Voila!

Your Welcome ;)
2022-6-4
Use props
djiuser_aVXdB7RLFvHS
New

United States

the reason the battery grip light on starts charging when you plug the USB to laptop is the battery grip NOT FULLY CHARGE, make sur battery grip fully charged and then plug the USB to your Laptop.
2022-6-22
Use props
Stas Rashov
New

Russia

Hello everyone! I have the same problem, and I read all messages here, and try to charge my battery to 100%. And its doesnt work, ronin s is not appear in programm. I wrote to support and get answer that allready done. I use Windows 10 and correct program for my ronin. I try to update firmware with laptop my brother - macbook pro with original apple cable type-c ....and just 3 minutes and update firmware done!  
3-7 09:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules