1570 9 2018-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gonzalozeta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8646962 ft
  • >>>
Chile

My Phantom 4 Pro plus was flying without problems untill an alert of no GPS signal appears. The drone start flying in circles till gets lost for a few but long minutes. Thanks i was fully battery charged and start recording video i can get how was the situation. Thanks God i can get it back but was a really scared situation. Any tips? I download the flight log

2018-8-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Why don't  you post the link to the log?
2018-8-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. May I know what happened before the error message prompts to your app? Please make sure your GPS signal is strong to avoid this scenario. Thank you.
2018-8-27
Use props
gonzalozeta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8646962 ft
  • >>>
Chile

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-27 07:19
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. May I know what happened before the error message prompts to your app? Please make sure your GPS signal is strong to avoid this scenario. Thank you.

It turns between 12 gps signal to 0 in seconds i think thats the problem. Probably changing the gps unit will solve it. Hope so
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

gonzalozeta Posted at 2018-8-27 07:24
It turns between 12 gps signal to 0 in seconds i think thats the problem. Probably changing the gps unit will solve it. Hope so

I understand. If the issue persists, please let us know. We are here to help. Thank you.
2018-8-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

gonzalozeta Posted at 2018-8-27 07:24

If the Phantom was circling, it sounds like your GPS receiver is not the problem.
If you want to know, follow the advice in post #3.
2018-8-27
Use props
Robert_l
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17579 ft

Did you check for magnetic Conditions before you take off? if those conditions reached 5 on the scale there is a big chance that tou lost the gps signal.
2018-8-29
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Robert_l Posted at 2018-8-29 08:29
Did you check for magnetic Conditions before you take off? if those conditions reached 5 on the scale there is a big chance that tou lost the gps signal.

magnetic disturbance does NOT make you lose GPS signals...

What happens is that magnetic disturbance causes differences in calculations in the directional / guidance part of the system. It then cannot instruct the drone on direction to fly .. drops the data given by GPS / Compass and you get the loss of stable flight / hover.

Think of like your left and right hand ... one says its cold ... other says its hot ... brain then has to decide which is right ... in absence of other data - it says both are wrong.

Nigel
2018-8-29
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Labroides Posted at 2018-8-27 12:58
If the Phantom was circling, it sounds like your GPS receiver is not the problem.
If you want to know, follow the advice in post #3.

Depends on the size of the circling and wind conditions at the time ... if he lost Compass or GPS and was dropped into ATTI mode with any appreciable wind ... if he doesn't have experience of flying in ATTI - he could have large circling motion based on literally similar to TBE (toilet bowl effect).

I've had mine make such of over 2m diameter if unchecked.

Nigel
2018-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules