Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New DJI GO 4 App version 4.3 works great
2263 27 2018-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I updated to the new DJI Go 4 App version 4.3

It fixed random landing gear messages since the latest Inspire 2 FW. Also, it works perfectly with my Cendence remote. All of the user defined buttons and levers work great now.  I also checked my Mavic Pro and P4P drones...  All is well   very happy    range is good no disconnects,  video feed is solid.

When you update to the newest 4.3 version of the Go 4 App, please leave your comments on this thread for others.

Rich

2018-8-26
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Rich, how is your baby performing after latest FW update? Is she stable in hover? I'm considering purchase of I2, but I need rock-solid bird, wind or not. I'm really not in the mood for another fight.

Matthew.
2018-8-26
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-8-26 18:16
Rich, how is your baby performing after latest FW update? Is she stable in hover? I'm considering purchase of I2, but I need rock-solid bird, wind or not. I'm really not in the mood for another fight.

Matthew.

Hi Matthew,
Okay, I have seen your other post and was afraid to comment. I see so many others complaining about the latest FW. Pretty scary stuff when you are making a living with your gear. There is so many things that can go wrong with our super Hi-tech gear!

After talking with Cougar, which had already updated his I2 and his buddy. They told me it was working great (Solid).  Trusting Cougars assessment, I decided to update my I2 too (he knows I like to wait).

I had some trouble at first, but I had not updated my DJI Go 4 App for some time (reasons not discussed here). Of course, I calibrated the IMU and compass plus checked the V sensors. I did not experience any flight issues, some minor camera EV settings and some changes that I missed.

The hover is steady as my Mavic Pro!

My I2 today parked  in a low hover, crosswind 6-10mph and didn't budge. I set the remote down and walked over the my aircraft and took some photos while it was in flight). safety first
I flew 2 sets of batteries and everything was working great, even the phantom landing gear messages were gone. Also, no CPU fully loaded messages either. Played around with many of my Cendence camera button settings and Everything is finally working perfectly. Now all I have to do is remember where I put stuff

So as you know, your perception of how a drone is flying seems very subjective depending on your experience. Based on all my drone flying, I am finally very satisfied with my Inspire 2.  For the record, I have always liked the way the Inspire fly's, but now you are smiling the whole time.  

If you buy the Inspire 2, I certainly hope you get one that works correctly... it's worth it.

PS, had lots of trouble with the DJI props fitting tightly. reported to death!  I was hoping the DJI would have come out with a folding design and improved mounting hub.  possibly they will on V2 or 3

Rich
2018-8-26
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-8-26 20:16
Hi Matthew,
Okay, I have seen your other post and was afraid to comment. I see so many others complaining about the latest FW. Pretty scary stuff when you are making a living with your gear. There is so many things that can go wrong with our super Hi-tech gear!

Alright than, no reason to hold my horses. One thing I've learned about this hobby for sure: every IDENTICAL combination of particular DJI drone model + RC + device will behave differently. Too many variables involved. Oh well, will see.

Cheers.
2018-8-26
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-8-26 21:44
Alright than, no reason to hold my horses. One thing I've learned about this hobby for sure: every IDENTICAL combination of particular DJI drone model + RC + device will behave differently. Too many variables involved. Oh well, will see.

Cheers.

Matthew

You already have the Matrice 200    is that not working out the way you wanted on your boat? ……  I think you would enjoy the Inspire 2.  Other than the price, it has been the best DJI drone. The flight is just a pleasure.

All the best.
Rich
2018-8-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-8-27 09:51
Matthew

You already have the Matrice 200    is that not working out the way you wanted on your boat? ……  I think you would enjoy the Inspire 2.  Other than the price, it has been the best DJI drone. The flight is just a pleasure.

Oh no, my Matrice 200 is working just fine and she's equally enjoyable in flight or in photography. Recently, however, I'm heavily involved in high resolution panoramic photography, where I'm hoping to employ yawing gimbal of Inspire 2. Matrice 200 doesn't allow for it since landing gear is not foldable. Therefore I must yaw the drone instead, which is not too efficient. And - finally - why not to enjoy Inspire 2 as well, having Cendence and CS already? Life's too short ...

BTW, CrystalSky Ultra failed me big time during my summer trip. Luckily it was quickly repaired after by DJI.
BTW #2: I will develop permanent metal shimms to erradicate notorious prop play (evident on new mounts for Inspire 1 as well). Let me know if you're interested.

Matthew.

2018-8-27
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-8-27 11:24
Oh no, my Matrice 200 is working just fine and she's equally enjoyable in flight or in photography. Recently, however, I'm heavily involved in high resolution panoramic photography, where I'm hoping to employ yawing gimbal of Inspire 2. Matrice 200 doesn't allow for it since landing gear is not foldable. Therefore I must yaw the drone instead, which is not too efficient. And - finally - why not to enjoy Inspire 2 as well, having Cendence and CS already? Life's too short ...

BTW, CrystalSky Ultra failed me big time during my summer trip. Luckily it was quickly repaired after by DJI.

Matthew
I am glad to hear you are happy with your M2 !!

By the way #1  sounds like DJI came through for you big time. I am still using my iPad min 4 and iPad Pro 10.5  

By the way #2  That is awfully nice of you to offer..... Thank you.  I will PM you later

Rich
2018-8-27
Use props
FanOfFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-8-27 11:24

Matthew Dobrski - Id be interested in those shims :-)
I switched to the version 3 props last week after I proactively replaced my old v1 props and only 1 flight in but they don't vibrate any more, but would like a set of shims just in case!  let me know when you can sell them....
2018-8-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-8-27 19:30
Matthew Dobrski - Id be interested in those shims :-)
I switched to the version 3 props last week after I proactively replaced my old v1 props and only 1 flight in but they don't vibrate any more, but would like a set of shims just in case!  let me know when you can sell them....

I'll post here once I have them tested successfully and manufactured. Stay tuned in ...
2018-8-27
Use props
FanOfFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-8-27 19:40
I'll post here once I have them tested successfully and manufactured. Stay tuned in ...

Cool, looking forward to it....  I assume you will sell in sets of 4?  but maybe consider sets of 8 just in case you lose one or two if they are cheap enough....
2018-8-27
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

I already have the latest app version, but after reading this, I may try updating the firmware.
2018-8-28
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blackwood Posted at 2018-8-28 14:12
I already have the latest app version, but after reading this, I may try updating the firmware.

Hi Blackwood
I hope it works for you that same it did for me!  Lots of variables, but so far I am still doing just great.

hotter weather today and saw CPU fully loaded at the end of one of my flights today using the iPad mini 4. worked fine without disconnecting... just the warning message

Rich
2018-8-28
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is what is interesting Rich. The 4.3 version is basically for the new Mavic 2. Really glad to hear about your findings with your I2. Are you running the latest firmware on your I2?
2018-8-29
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-8-29 04:17
Here is what is interesting Rich. The 4.3 version is basically for the new Mavic 2. Really glad to hear about your findings with your I2. Are you running the latest firmware on your I2?

Hi Rodger

Yes, My Inspire 2 is on the latest version of FW and working very nicely. Solid hover as I said above. I do not have the X7 camera so I cannot confirm that aspect of the FW.

With DJI Go 4 App version 4.3 I tested my iPhone 8+, iPad mini 4 and iPad pro 10.5. All worked great

Rich
2018-8-29
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-8-27 19:40
I'll post here once I have them tested successfully and manufactured. Stay tuned in ...

Keep us advised of your progress and I sent you an PM.

Feel free to email me once you get your new Inspire 2

Rich
2018-8-29
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-8-29 19:08
Hi Rodger

Yes, My Inspire 2 is on the latest version of FW and working very nicely. Solid hover as I said above. I do not have the X7 camera so I cannot confirm that aspect of the FW.

Thanks for the update. Installed 4.3 yesterday.I don't have the X7 either and I don't see it in the future.
2018-8-30
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-8-29 19:08
Hi Rodger

Yes, My Inspire 2 is on the latest version of FW and working very nicely. Solid hover as I said above. I do not have the X7 camera so I cannot confirm that aspect of the FW.

Good to hear!  Hopefully I'll have time today to update the firmware and test it.  Like you, I don't have the X7, I just have the X5s.
2018-8-30
Use props
Camo Eagle
New
Flight distance : 5118 ft

dji should create a thermal or night vision camera for the inspire 2, competitors are producing those cameras for their professional drones
2018-8-30
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

Got everything up to date today, re-calibrated the IMU and then it starts to storm before I could calibrate the compass and do a test flight.
2018-8-30
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Camo Eagle Posted at 2018-8-30 06:49
dji should create a thermal or night vision camera for the inspire 2, competitors are producing those cameras for their professional drones

It is a let down for us commercial users
2018-8-30
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blackwood Posted at 2018-8-30 14:13
Got everything up to date today, re-calibrated the IMU and then it starts to storm before I could calibrate the compass and do a test flight.

Oh man, I am sorry to hear this! I was really hoping you were going to be okay. Maybe try a different device if you can.

All the best, keep us posted if anything changes

Rich
2018-8-30
Use props
Denis SF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1783087 ft
  • >>>
France

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-8-30 19:45
Oh man, I am sorry to hear this! I was really hoping you were going to be okay. Maybe try a different device if you can.

Hello,
I did a test flight yesterday with the Inspire 2 and with the last update 0200.
I only had the landing gear error message once. I did not have the IMU change problem anymore.
For the drift of the camera, the X7 is well behaved.
2018-8-31
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Denis SF Posted at 2018-8-31 00:29
Hello,
I did a test flight yesterday with the Inspire 2 and with the last update 0200.
I only had the landing gear error message once. I did not have the IMU change problem anymore.

excellent news, I guess will need to see how it goes. I am assuming you are using the latest Go 4 App 4.3 correct?

Keep us posted on your results and thanks for the info

Rich
2018-8-31
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-8-30 19:45

Ok, just finished a test flight.  Everything went great.  No landing gear warnings. No IMU or compass warnings.  No gimbal drift.  The only thing I saw that wasn't normal was the I could not change my shutter speed using the dial.  I had to use the on screen control.  Every time I pushed the wheel,in full manual camera control mode, it would skip from ISO to aperture and back, jumping over shutter speed every time.  As far as the Inspire 2 sky dance, that was minimal too.  Here is a video I took with my phone first at about 20ft, then dropping to about 6ft off the ground.  Even at 6ft and catching some ground effect, it only had a slight wiggle every so often.  If fact you can see at the end of the video that after it did a little dip and then rose back up, it locked in pretty solid.  Normally it would be dancing all over the place.

2018-8-31
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blackwood Posted at 2018-8-31 17:03
Ok, just finished a test flight.  Everything went great.  No landing gear warnings. No IMU or compass warnings.  No gimbal drift.  The only thing I saw that wasn't normal was the I could not change my shutter speed using the dial.  I had to use the on screen control.  Every time I pushed the wheel,in full manual camera control mode, it would skip from ISO to aperture and back, jumping over shutter speed every time.  As far as the Inspire 2 sky dance, that was minimal too.  Here is a video I took with my phone first at about 20ft, then dropping to about 6ft off the ground.  Even at 6ft and catching some ground effect, it only had a slight wiggle every so often.  If fact you can see at the end of the video that after it did a little dip and then rose back up, it locked in pretty solid.  Normally it would be dancing all over the place.

Inspire 2 test flight after Firmware 01.02.0200 and Go 4 ver 4.3

Blackwood

Thank you for sharing your experience and video. Great news  Your Inspire 2 looks awesome in the air.

Not sure the issue with the camera settings, maybe someone else has the answer as to why it is skipping over the aperture setting.

Rich
2018-9-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

Blackwood Posted at 2018-8-31 17:03
Ok, just finished a test flight.  Everything went great.  No landing gear warnings. No IMU or compass warnings.  No gimbal drift.  The only thing I saw that wasn't normal was the I could not change my shutter speed using the dial.  I had to use the on screen control.  Every time I pushed the wheel,in full manual camera control mode, it would skip from ISO to aperture and back, jumping over shutter speed every time.  As far as the Inspire 2 sky dance, that was minimal too.  Here is a video I took with my phone first at about 20ft, then dropping to about 6ft off the ground.  Even at 6ft and catching some ground effect, it only had a slight wiggle every so often.  If fact you can see at the end of the video that after it did a little dip and then rose back up, it locked in pretty solid.  Normally it would be dancing all over the place.

Inspire 2 test flight after Firmware 01.02.0200 and Go 4 ver 4.3

Blackwood, she's hovering pretty nice! That's what I'm after. However, the weather was calm, I assume. Would be nice to see how she's holding position in moderate wind ...
2018-9-1
Use props
Denis SF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1783087 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello,
Thank you for sharing. Actually I have the same problem, it turns out that I have the problem for the shutter. It is not highlighted, but you can still change the value.
Have a good day.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for sharing your experience. Please don't hesitate to reach us in any case you need our assistance. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules