Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ultrasonic System Error Please Land as soon as Possible
6629 29 2015-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sascha.heinze
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1761270 ft
Germany

Ultrasonic System Error Please land as soon as Possible..
Just got this message, it still stays there after a Restart of the App and the P3. But the VPS works still good.
Anyone got the error ?
2015-5-27
Use props
abstractreasone
lvl.1
United States

I just got the same error for the first time after upgrading to the 6/15/15 firmware.  Told me to land immediately but didn't have any other issues.
2015-6-15
Use props
RuN3
lvl.1

Norway

i've had the error a couple of times, its just weird since it always happend above 3m. and the VPS system shouldent work above that altitude anyway.. havent realy bothered about it..
2015-6-15
Use props
Mr. Heinze
lvl.3
Germany

I asked the Support 3 weeks ago... no answer
2015-6-15
Use props
DKdji
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27707 ft
United States

I just got the same "Ultrasonic System Error" after updating firmware yesterday?  Now what?
2015-6-16
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

please dji pull that new firmware off your site! And figure out a way we can all go back to version 1.1.9 please!  The new firmware is t safe,, 27 flights and no issues until firmware 1.2.6
2015-6-16
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Vps failing, won't hold proper altitude, p3 dropped 30 meters of height for no reason and my video feed went to crap.  Please let me go back to firmware 1.1.9 I didn't have any major issues on that version except leggy video occasionally and a slightly crooked camera roll...
2015-6-16
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Why is vps always failing for everyone?  Any I1 owners experiencing this?
2015-6-16
Use props
jrlink
lvl.2

United States

Having the same problem. DJI LA wants me to send it in for repair but is it firmware??? Repair time is six weeks. Any one have any insight? took drone to Total Control Innovations in Tempe AZ . Great bunch of guys.
They were puzzled think it is a bad VPS had to turn it off to work properly out doors in gps mode. Beware cause this is interment.
not going to send it in till next Tuesday June 23 15 hoping there may be a firmware update
2015-6-18
Use props
jrbarreto
lvl.1

Canada

Hello Guys,

I updated the firmware yesterday and tried to fly today, was a normal flight but I just turned off the VPS option til new firmware or a better solution.
2015-6-20
Use props
mack_greene
lvl.1

United States

Some are saying that after the most recent FW update, it is best to turn VPS off, and then back on...
2015-6-20
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

mack_greene@hot Posted at 2015-6-21 06:54
Some are saying that after the most recent FW update, it is best to turn VPS off, and then back on.. ...

i just turn that dang thing off and keep it off to be honest.
2015-6-20
Use props
desertstormarti
lvl.2
Flight distance : 710587 ft
United States

I noticed it after doing the firmware update this past weekend.  It descended a little while hovering.  Is there any way to roll back firmware update?
2015-6-23
Use props
Mr. Heinze
lvl.3
Germany

no, its not. We have to wait for the next Firmware. I hope they fixed it..
2015-6-23
Use props
romansu2
lvl.2
Latvia

i have some problem after firmware update 1.2.6
2015-6-23
Use props
pinballhack
New

United States

Been flying my P3P with 1.1.9 with no issues.  Upgraded to 1.2.6, and now, got the same Ultrasonic System Error Please Land as soon as Possible issue.   As it approached ground level, hovering was erratic.

DJI - please fix!    Or let me roll back a firmware version.
2015-6-24
Use props
gregor1230
lvl.1
Poland

I have the same issue ... please land asap. Dji do you have tests departament? If you have developers you need testers! Good damn IT I am on vacation I made update and now I am in deep ...
2015-6-26
Use props
troybenji
New

Australia

I had the Ultrasonic System error also and my Phantom 3 crashed. Contacted the place I bought it from and they said to send it back and they will send it to Dji in China. Here is a link to the video I have of the accident. Its not much as my GoPro was blocked by the bonnet of my car but you get the idea.   
2015-6-26
Use props
hoekstra-thomas
New

Belgium

I had the same warning sign yesterday. Some people on an other forum told me the reason was: no GPS, calibration or metal interference...
2015-6-27
Use props
desertstormarti
lvl.2
Flight distance : 710587 ft
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-6-17 13:30
Vps failing, won't hold proper altitude, p3 dropped 30 meters of height for no reason and my video f ...

I'm getting the same thing with my Advanced.  It dropped on me a few times last weekend.  I disabled the VPN through the Pilot App.  I hope all is well, I'm doing some video over water today.  
2015-6-27
Use props
Swiss Tony
lvl.2
Flight distance : 505459 ft
United Kingdom

DJI know about it, they have asked me to send them my flight data from the P3 so they can go through it. The customer service is shite, they promise to call or email and never do, it's not good enough from a company of this scale. They must be too busy sharing out all the money amongst themselves to spend time properly caring about the people who gave them that money. Not a good long term business plan. 3DR will do very well if DJI keep this up. All support staff I've dealt with have English as their second language and ask for the same info time after time, rather than scroll up and re-read it.

My Ultrasonic warning issue also started after the update. I've taken off, put into a hover at 3M and it keeps slowly climbing up and up, without the P3 knowing it. The flight log in user centre just stops when it happens and when it lands it does so at minus 11m despite being at exactly the same spot. It's happened 4 times, 3 at close vicinity and once at 400m out. It still flies okay but no way I'm flying it until it's sorted. If it was just ultrasonic I could deal with it, but when it loses its own altitude and data in flight it's just too risky. I got it to RTH to see what happened and I had to stop it as it was descending flat out into the floor as it had forgotten how high the take off point was.

Quote copied and pasted from DJI " Until now, we afraid that there is something wrong with ultra sonic.But our R&D need some help.Could you please share us your flight data from MC for our analysis?
2015-6-27
Use props
Young
lvl.1

Singapore

Scary... I have the same warning after upgrade. Will probably switch off the VPS asap
2015-6-27
Use props
Swiss Tony
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Okay, so this is interesting. I sent my flight log in to the support guys and they have become quite concerned by it, so much so that they are shipping me a brand new one and then collecting mine to be sent to Hong Kong so their engineers can get into it to analyse it. There's clearly an issue here and the speed and urgency with which they are reacting tells me that this is an issue they are worried about and want to get to the bottom of rapido. I don't know if they'll tell me what the verdict is, but having heard about how slow they can act when people have issues, the prompt actions they are taking make me think that they must be worried about it. If you are having this issue I would recommend contacting their live support and asking if it is safe to fly your Phantom. I will let you know if I find anything out. They just phoned from China to confirm that they are shipping my new one out now. Watch this space, and be cautious if you have this issue and continue to fly in the mean time.
2015-6-30
Use props
growe1964
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17743 ft
United Kingdom

Are there any new updates on this thread as I also have this issue after firmware update and DJI support just told me to re install (how ?)  or send it back to them which I do not want to do ??????
2015-7-17
Use props
growe1964
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Swiss Tony Posted at 2015-7-1 09:32
Okay, so this is interesting. I sent my flight log in to the support guys and they have become quite ...

Hi Tony did you get the ultra sonic system error message issue resolved ? Are there any new updates on this thread as I also have this issue after firmware update and DJI support just told me to re install (how ?)  or send it back to them which I do not want to do ??????
2015-7-17
Use props
Mr. Heinze
lvl.3
Germany

growe1964 Posted at 2015-7-17 17:11
Hi Tony did you get the ultra sonic system error message issue resolved ? Are there any new update ...

same here. I send in my FLightlogs and thats all no answer so far.
Just give us a Rollback to 1.1.9... Everything was fine with it.
2015-7-17
Use props
Swiss Tony
lvl.2
United Kingdom

growe1964 Posted at 2015-7-17 17:11
Hi Tony did you get the ultra sonic system error message issue resolved ? Are there any new update ...

No updates as yet, and I'm not expecting to be CC'd into their email chain about it. I got the new one and on the 3rd flight I got the same damn error message, telling me to land immediately. I emailed my contact in China and she told me to turn off the ultrasonic sensors. I've done so and have flown a bunch of times without too much trouble. One of the flights did spaz out a bit, it seemed to handle like it was in atti mode but was in gps mode, it was pretty windy so it took some wrestling to get her down. Once on the ground she flipped over and span on the props, the left stick kill technique didn't seem to do it so went for the 2 sticks to the corners. Motors stopped, a set of props damaged but otherwise no harm done.
Without the ultrasonic it seems to be quite unstable up to about 5 metres, it doesn't hold a hover brilliantly but it's nothing a bit of skill can't fix. I'm flying in GPS mode for now but am always ready to go for atti mode if it starts running away. It MUST be something they did in the last update, they said they were working on a fix so in the mean time, kill the ultrasonic and just be careful.
Sorry I can't bring more specific updates but will post if I hear anything.
2015-7-17
Use props
growe1964
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Swiss Tony Posted at 2015-7-18 09:48
No updates as yet, and I'm not expecting to be CC'd into their email chain about it. I got the new ...

Thanks Tony will keep my eyes open
2015-7-18
Use props
hundleton1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's being worked on just need to give them time
2015-7-18
Use props
growe1964
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Upgraded to V 1.3. 2 firmware and new DJI GO app - had a full weekend of flying with 3 battery's and all good - issues seem to be fixed...
2015-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules