Will the new Mavic pro Controller work with the old Mavic Pro
19613 29 2018-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Squeaky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 885440 ft
Australia

I'm loving the new Mavic Pro Videos and logs. However i'm not in any finaciacl benifits to be able to purcheses one yet . I have a mavic Pro and love it. i mean i really can't fault it at this time. But i do like the removale joysticks that the Mavic pro 2 offers just for storage isuse. So will the New Mavic Pro Controller work with the old Mavic. it would be a lot cheaper and more in my price range to purchese a 2nd controller

Darren
2018-8-26
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic 2 remote controller is not currently compatible with the Mavic Pro.

Why not just buy an inexpensive stick guard like this one?
https://store.dji.com/product/pg ... rol-stick-protector
2018-8-26
Use props
Squeaky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 885440 ft

msinger its not available in my region ...... I'm in Australia.
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. As of the moment, Mavic Pro remote controller is not yet compatible with Mavic 2 Pro. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-27
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

No, the controller are made only for a specific drone
2018-8-27
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I doubt the controllers for both new Mavic 2's will work between each other?
2018-8-27
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Squeaky Posted at 2018-8-26 20:55

You should be able to find similar products in Australia too. Check Amazon or eBay.
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-27 05:36

Hi rolling56, the main difference between Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom is the gimbal camera, so the RCs are compatible, you may link RC to check.

2018-8-28
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-28 04:14
Hi rolling56, the main difference between Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom is the gimbal camera, so the RCs are compatible, you may link RC to check.

BTW, the RCs of Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 series will be compatible in the future, we'll release as long as there is an update. Appreciate your attention.

ah kewls thank you for the info
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-28 05:38
ah kewls thank you for the info

You are welcome. Should there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2018-8-30
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Squeaky Posted at 2018-8-26 20:55

Helipal send worldwide.
Have one of this.
2018-8-30
Use props
Goof
lvl.2
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Australia

BTW, the RCs of Mavic 2 series will be compatible with the Mavic Pro in the future, we'll release as long as there is an update. Appreciate your attention.

Hi Susan,

Will the opposite use case work, that is, are there plans for the older Mavic Pro controller to be compatible with the new Mavic 2 drone?

I'd love to get a second controller so people can fly my drone under secondary controller conditions without fear of crashes. I can get Mavic 1 controllers pretty cheap on ebay, but I'm not willing to drop too much cash on another Mavic 2 controller for something I won't use all that often.

Even if the old controller can't realise the full occusync 2.0 capability, if it works within a short range that'd be better then nothing I guess...
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Goof Posted at 2018-9-9 19:46
Hi Susan,

Will the opposite use case work, that is, are there plans for the older Mavic Pro controller to be compatible with the new Mavic 2 drone?

Hi Goof, I'm afraid the opposite way may not work as we do not have received any news about this for now. If there is an update, we'll release on our website, you may decide at that time.
2018-9-10
Use props
El Kab0ng
Second Officer
Flight distance : 156499 ft
  • >>>
United States

BTW, the RCs of Mavic 2 series will be compatible with the Mavic Pro in the future, we'll release as long as there is an update. Appreciate your attention.

Good to hear!
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

My pleasure. Wish you have a good time!
2018-9-11
Use props
BAMABIRD87
lvl.1

United States

rolling56 Posted at 8-27 05:36

Actually they do. The mavic 2 pro controller works with the zoom and vise versa. There is you tube videos of a guy the grabbed the wrong controller when he flew outta state and all he did was link it with the other drone with that small button on the drone by the sd slot i think and paired it with no problem.  Now mp2 to mp1 its not compatible just yet. I hope they will make it that way tho. You can already swap gimbals and cameras between the mp2 and mp2 zoom
2018-11-23
Use props
BAMABIRD87
lvl.1

United States

rolling56 Posted at 8-27 05:36

Actually they do. The mavic 2 pro controller works with the zoom and vise versa. There is you tube videos of a guy the grabbed the wrong controller when he flew outta state and all he did was link it with the other drone with that small button on the drone by the sd slot i think and paired it with no problem.  Now mp2 to mp1 its not compatible just yet. I hope they will make it that way tho. You can already swap gimbals and cameras between the mp2 and mp2 zoom
2018-11-23
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

BAMABIRD87 Posted at 11-23 13:39
Actually they do. The mavic 2 pro controller works with the zoom and vise versa. There is you tube videos of a guy the grabbed the wrong controller when he flew outta state and all he did was link it with the other drone with that small button on the drone by the sd slot i think and paired it with no problem.  Now mp2 to mp1 its not compatible just yet. I hope they will make it that way tho. You can already swap gimbals and cameras between the mp2 and mp2 zoom

yes i found that out right after on 8-28
2018-11-23
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

BAMABIRD87 Posted at 11-23 13:40
Actually they do. The mavic 2 pro controller works with the zoom and vise versa. There is you tube videos of a guy the grabbed the wrong controller when he flew outta state and all he did was link it with the other drone with that small button on the drone by the sd slot i think and paired it with no problem.  Now mp2 to mp1 its not compatible just yet. I hope they will make it that way tho. You can already swap gimbals and cameras between the mp2 and mp2 zoom

yes i found that out right after on 8-28
2018-11-23
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

Squeaky Posted at 8-26 20:55

FWIW, I'm in Australia too.
Just get a cheap stick guard off eBay. I got a pair of red coloured stick guards for $3.98, posted. Fit perfectly, protect the sticks, also protect the controller display. Search eBay for 'Stick Guard Protector Mavic Pro' - there are plenty of choices.
2018-11-23
Use props
userc6a7474b75
lvl.1
United States

can mavic pro remote controller works for mavic pro platinum thanks
2018-11-24
Use props
userc6a7474b75
lvl.1
United States

2018-11-24
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

userc6a7474b75 Posted at 11-24 14:48

Yes. The Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum both use the same remote controller.
2018-11-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 8-28 04:14

That's good to know
2018-11-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

userc6a7474b75 Posted at 11-24 14:49

Yes, the remote controllers of Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum are compatible.  
2018-11-27
Use props
fans4162bef8
New

Australia

msinger Posted at 2018-8-26 20:50
The Mavic 2 remote controller is not currently compatible with the Mavic Pro.

Why not just buy an inexpensive stick guard like this one?

Hey there, I've recently bought the Mavic Pro controller, as a replacement for the Mavic Pro 2. Will this work?? Or have I wasted a bunch of cash??
Cheers, Matt
2020-4-28
Use props
plastic_birds
New

United States

fans4162bef8 Posted at 4-28 03:41
Hey there, I've recently bought the Mavic Pro controller, as a replacement for the Mavic Pro 2. Will this work?? Or have I wasted a bunch of cash??
Cheers, Matt

Hi Matt, it's an old post.  Were you able to validate that the MP 1 controller works on the MP2?
2020-7-14
Use props
djiuser_2OVO4KiwVySJ
New

United States

Hi Dji Natalia,
So, are you saying that you can't link Mavic 2 pro or Zoom with Mavic pro 1 remote controller now?
Is it still on and still you can't link that yet?
When are you planning to update and make them link?
Thank you in advance!
2020-7-23
Use props
Mehmet Sawut
New

United States

Does DJ’i RC controller compatible with mavic pro platinum?
4-12 04:48
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mehmet Sawut Posted at 4-12 04:48
Does DJ’i RC controller compatible with mavic pro platinum?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI RC is only compatible with DJI Mavic 3 Pro, DJI Mavic 3 Pro Cine, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mavic 3 Cine, DJI Mini 3 Pro, DJI Mini 3, DJI Air 2S. However, the Mavic Pro Platinum remote controller and Mavic Pro remote controller are interchangeable. Have a nice day.
4-12 22:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules