Flew in the city of lucerne, switzerland
1048 8 2018-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grevo
lvl.1

Switzerland

I flew my mavic air over the beautyful city of lucerne. It went 3 times to lucerne and everytime use all my 3 batteries.

2018-8-27
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Switzerland is a Jewel Mate ! Love when you passed near the Church !

You have Great Flying Skills Buddy !

Can you fly freely in cities in Switzerland ? Do I need a special permit if someday I come visit Switzerland and fly in a city as I am thinking of visiting Switzerland or the Bavarian Side of Austria.
2018-8-27
Use props
grevo
lvl.1

Switzerland

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-8-27 04:38
Switzerland is a Jewel Mate ! Love when you passed near the Church !

I used the mavic air. At moment drones under 500 grams have almost no rules. The 5km distance to airports and flying over crowded places don't applies to mavic air.
I think this rule will change soon.
Lucerne is in the airspace of a military airport. I did make a call before even if i wouldn't have to. They appreciated the call and had no problems with me flying.
You have to fly always withing VLOS.

Check out the map: https://map.geo.admin.ch/?topic= ... 6&catalogNodes=1379,2863&E=2657995.00&N=1202510.00&zoom=3
There are only a few special nature spots (yellow on the map) where you can't fly. And also you are not allowed to make any videos / photos of military facilities.
2018-8-27
Use props
grevo
lvl.1

Switzerland

grevo Posted at 2018-8-27 04:46
I used the mavic air. At moment drones under 500 grams have almost no rules. The 5km distance to airports and flying over crowded places don't applies to mavic air.
Lucerne is in the airspace of a military airport. I did make a call before even if i wouldn't have to. They appreciated the call and had no problems with me flying.

The law you'll find here at Art. 17 https://www.admin.ch/opc/en/clas ... 0351/index.html#a17

But there is also the FADP you need to be aware of: https://www.admin.ch/opc/en/clas ... 19920153/index.html
2018-8-27
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Beautiful video. Loved the church shots.
2018-8-27
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Some smooth and nice flying there. TFS.
2018-8-27
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

What a beautiful video and city! And my sincere compliments for the excellent edit, thank you very much!
2018-8-27
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

grevo Posted at 2018-8-27 04:46

Thanks Grevo for all this Valuable Information.

Next years will be preparing my trip to Switzerland. I have tasted the borders of Switzerland when visiting Lugano and Locarno when I was in Italy, and I was amazed with the Beautiful Country you have !! Love Switzerland !

Cheers for the Help Mate ! Very much obligated !
2018-8-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very cool work!
And nice you fly by the rules!
2018-8-27
Use props
Advanced