Batteries again
671 5 2015-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

I didn't use my bird (P2 Vision) for some months and left the batteries charged.  I fitted a Rotorpixel gimbal to it and now the bird wants to land at 68% not RTH.  I bought a new battery to compare and the older two appear swollen. (See photo middle one new) The lights appear OK for checking the condition etc - I haven't checked on the software.

The new battery instructions tell me to upgrade the central board firmware before using - what will happen if I don't?
Any help appreciated - don't think I trust upgrades and software from reading others problems.  I even tied a kite line on last check flight - just in case.
002.JPG
2015-5-28
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

Battery may not be recognized as a valid battery if you have an older CB Firmware version.
2015-5-28
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-5-28 23:25
Battery may not be recognized as a valid battery if you have an older CB Firmware version.

If that's the case what about the current older batteries?
2015-5-28
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

talk2t_c Posted at 2015-5-29 00:29
If that's the case what about the current older batteries?

newer CB firmware will work fine with older batteries/ battery fimware
2015-5-28
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-5-29 00:40
newer CB firmware will work fine with older batteries/ battery fimware

Thanks for that - will have to bite the bullet and sort out the software then.  I was hoping to avoid messing with software.
I'll get out the kite line again.
2015-5-28
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

DJI has stopped battery updates, some were lucky and got the update that has the auto discharge feature, but many have got batteries that havent got the feature and as such have to be careful how they store them
2015-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules