Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Just got mavic 2 pro and need help
1448 23 2018-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
twilloo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63510 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello guys and gals, Just got my m2 and I am fairly new to drones. I will be flying off of my deck on my deck which is narrow so I would like to know how to turn all obstacle avoidance off when I come in to land because it does not want to come in due to be so close to everything. Is there a fast way to turn off just before landing?  thanks
2018-8-27
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Otherwise  how is that Mavis 2 flying ?  and problems  ?
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching. Regarding with that you can just disable the Obstacle avoidance using the DJI Go 4 app. Just go to setting (three dots icon the upper right) then go to visual navigation setting, then you can able to the option. Screenshot attached
2018-8-27
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do yourself a favor and read the flight manual before flying this $1500 bird.  Otherwise you may end up sorry.  Don’t look for quick answers, do your due diligence.
https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2018-8-27
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Accident waiting to happen!
2018-8-27
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Word of advice.  If you are fairly new to drones.. "DON'T FLY IT FROM YOUR DECK"  Also, buy a PAP from Statefarm if it is available where you live.  $60 covers the entire cost of your drone just in case you crash.  No deductible
2018-8-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

I will be flying off of my deck on my deck which is narrow
it does not want to come in due to be so close to everything

Unless you have previous drone flying experience, you should re-think your takeoff and landing area.
If you have previous drone flying experience, you ...

2018-8-27
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Ditto. If you're new to drones, find a wide open area to fly from for the first few weeks. Read the manual for sure. Also, take short flights your first few weeks where you try out specific features of the drone and then increase your flight time/range as you get more comfortable with your piloting skills and how the drone handles. Whatever you do, DON'T disable the drones safety features right out of the box.
2018-8-27
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

As already said above. ...  get some flight time under your belt in open areas first before you try close proximity flying.

Enjoy your new M2P
2018-8-27
Use props
twilloo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-27 09:33
Ditto. If you're new to drones, find a wide open area to fly from for the first few weeks. Read the manual for sure.  Also, take short flights your first few weeks where you try out specific features of the drone and then increase your flight time/range as you get more comfortable with your piloting skills and how the drone handles. Whatever you do, DON'T disable the drones safety features right out of the box.

I did read alot but just missed the obstacle avoidance toggle, sorry. I will be flying from a large field on the m2 it is just with my mp it also did not like to come in on my deck, as I had to turn it to a different orientation  but the m2 has so many sensors, I know it will be a problem. I would not disable then except just before landing.  thanks to all
2018-8-27
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Field, field, field, as big as possible, or you might be heartbroken......
2018-8-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

All the advise above about not taking off from your deck is true, do not do it and do not turn of the oA until your have learnt to fly this expensive drone well.
2018-8-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Twilloo, new to drones you already have 4 , I would start with safety manual then product manual .
2018-8-27
Use props
twilloo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-27 12:00
Twilloo, new to drones you already have 4 , I would start with safety manual then product manual .

for the kids who are not in town for help, not me only a couple of times, my one son was on alot learning from this great forum, If I had 4 of my own I would not be asking such dumb questions as I have asked
2018-8-27
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

This is going to be just like Christmas lol
2018-8-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

twilloo Posted at 2018-8-27 12:05
for the kids who are not in town for help, not me only a couple of times, my one son was on alot learning from this great forum, If I had 4 of my own I would not be asking such dumb questions as I have asked

Are you using someone else’s account, because there have been many questions coming from this account in the past ?
2018-8-27
Use props
twilloo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-27 12:23
Are you using someone else’s account, because there have been many questions coming from this account in the past ?

My son as I said, Are you the official question counter, I did not know there was a limit
2018-8-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

twilloo Posted at 2018-8-27 12:53
My son as I said, Are you the official question counter, I did not know there was a limit

Well if your going to come here under the guise of someone else, it might be manners to let people know, your present avatar shows 4 other aircraft owned by ( your Son) yet you pose the question as a newbie under his guise, so it can be confusing, I seem to remember answering  similar questions for (your son) .
2018-8-27
Use props
twilloo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-27 13:02
Well if your going to come here under the guise of someone else, it might be manners to let people know, your present avatar shows 4 other aircraft owned by ( your Son) yet you pose the question as a newbie under his guise, so it can be confusing, I seem to remember answering  similar questions for (your son) .

I did not guise as anybody else. My son always told me how helpful and nice this forum was, you obviously were not online at that time. You need to join the military or something and get a life where you can work your frustrations and inhibitions out.
2018-8-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

twilloo Posted at 2018-8-27 12:05
for the kids who are not in town for help, not me only a couple of times, my one son was on alot learning from this great forum, If I had 4 of my own I would not be asking such dumb questions as I have asked

You might remember posting this or was it your 69 year old son. You also might remember the kind reception you got or was ityour 69 year old son. This was back in March..

2018-8-27
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

I was very surprised to see DJI step in this thread and tell this gentlemen how to crash his drone.

That's odd......why didn't they just keep quiet?    Please just do as everyone else has suggested and DON'T fly from a balcony.

Look up ROTOR WASH......there are quite a few other things that can happen.....but once you're in the wash in the balcony area, you might be chasing the little critter right into the wall or railing.

Randy
2018-8-27
Use props
twilloo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

twilloo Posted at 2018-8-27 17:09
I did not guise as anybody else. My son always told me how helpful and nice this forum was, you obviously were not online at that time. You need to join the military or something and get a life where you can work your frustrations and inhibitions out.

man without a life, I did set up the account but my son used it and was afraid that he would be in trouble if he was someone else, Exactly what do you think I was up to. Did I ask you to send money or trying to scam you. There was a perfectly good explanation but a person that is tormented inside as much as you does not deserve the answer. What an ass
2018-8-28
Use props
GaryNash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Think of something the size of a football field.. times it by 4.... there your have your ideal place to fly especially if your new to drone and learning.   Without trees......

Start talking about narrow decking and turning off your obstacle avoidance system. You may as well print out a RMA Return label now ...your gunna need it real soon.
2018-8-28
Use props
twilloo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

GaryNash Posted at 2018-8-28 05:31
Think of something the size of a football field.. times it by 4.... there your have your ideal place to fly especially if your new to drone and learning.   Without trees......

Start talking about narrow decking and turning off your obstacle avoidance system. You may as well print out a RMA Return label now ...your gunna need it real soon.

Thanks Gary
2018-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules