12Next >
56245 40 2018-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_MhDnGwlvnQNR
lvl.2
Canada

Hi there :0)

I just purchased the Mavic 2 Pro and super excited to get going with it. However, i just discovered that my Google Pixel phone is not compatible.

I just spoke to DJI and they showed me the list of compatible phones and tablets....so i figure i'll buy a tablet and holder...but before i do..

Can anyone recommend what they think the best tablet for the Mavic 2 Pro would be? and best holder?

APP / LIVE VIEW
iOS V4.3.0
Requires iOS 9.0 or above.
Compatible with iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPad Pro, iPad, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4.
Optimized for iPhone X.

Android V4.3.0
Requires Android 5.0 or above.
Compatible with Samsung S9+, Samsung S9, Samsung S8+, Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S6, Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Note 8 , Samsung Note 6, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 8, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo X20, Vivo X9, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, OPPO R11, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 2, Mi 8, Mi 6, Redmi Note 5, Google Pixel 2XL, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5T.

Thanks for your help!
Rob

2018-8-27
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can find a list of recommended and commonly used tablets here. That list also includes votes, so you'll be able to see which tablets DJI drone owners like best. You'll find a list of most liked mobile devices about half way down that page.
2018-8-27
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

So you have a Google Pixel 1 phone ? because I see the Google Pixel 2XL  is on the approved list. I used to think the Apple tablets were the best but people are experiencing  them shutting down from the summer heat . DJI is coming out with a new controller for the Mavic 2 which will have a built in 5.5 high bright screen but no release date yet .
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and glad to hear that you've already reached out one of our support channels for the tablet iPad mini 4 or higher would be great. However, we can still wait here for another suggestion from User that already experience and used the best tablet suggestion.
2018-8-27
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

Kingram Posted at 2018-8-27 13:05
So you have a Google Pixel 1 phone ? because I see the Google Pixel 2XL  is on the approved list. I used to think the Apple tablets were the best but people are experiencing  them shutting down from the summer heat . DJI is coming out with a new controller for the Mavic 2 which will have a built in 5.5 high bright screen but no release date yet .

Is there any info you can link me regarding this?
2018-8-27
Use props
orbitrob
lvl.2
Canada

Thanks everyone for those resources. Much appreciated!!
Rob
2018-8-27
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
United States

No Man's Drone Posted at 2018-8-27 15:55
Is there any info you can link me regarding this?

Around the 25:53 mark they talk about the new controller with 5.5 inch built in screen .

2018-8-27
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
United States

You may have to watch it on youtube.
2018-8-27
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

There is no better tablet than the Samsung Tab S4. It's a true tablet 10.5 inch 2560x1600 Super-Amoled display, with 4 GB RAM, 16 hours battery life, Snapdragon 835, 256GB Storage Capacity, this device is a beast.
2018-8-27
Use props
Iman_Oldie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Kingram Posted at 2018-8-27 20:06
You may have to watch it on youtube.

I also seen a review mentioning that controller.
I don't want to buy this drone only to find I have to pay for another controller. I'd rather wait and get the new one but how long do I have to wait is the question
2018-8-28
Use props
Juergen64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1509685 ft
Germany

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-8-27 20:10
There is no better tablet than the Samsung Tab S4. It's a true tablet 10.5 inch 2560x1600 Super-Amoled display, with 4 GB RAM, 16 hours battery life, Snapdragon 835, 256GB Storage Capacity, this device is a beast.

Hmmm, and you can use the Tab S4 together with the mavic 2 without any limitations and no reasons for any doubt?
2018-10-2
Use props
Kukaless
lvl.1

United States

My Google Pixel Phone works perfect with my Mavic 2 ZOOM!!!  Been flying with it for weeks now with no lag or no crashes.  Running Android Pie as well.
2018-10-3
Use props
orbitrob
lvl.2
Canada

thanks Kukaless. :0) Good to hear. I also managed to get my Google Pixel to work, though i was never able to get the Histogram to appear. I eventually went and got myself an ipad Mini for the extra 'real estate'.
Rob.
2018-10-3
Use props
Arnie Arn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16060 ft
United States

I bough a iPad mini 4 for mavic 2 pro. It auto sync photos to the ipad but videos don't sync. I like playing music while fying the drone but once I open the dji go app the music turns off, I go back to my music apps play it again and go back to dji app and start taking pictures and it turns off. I was using samsung galaxy s9 plus it sycn photos, videos no problem and I can play music too and record videos. but I want a bigger screen
2018-11-17
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

Ipad air 2
2018-11-29
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

what is the best holder for IPAD 9.7inc ?
2018-12-15
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the Samsung Tab S2 8in. it fits into the RC just perfect and zero issues for me. the Ipad Mini 3/4 will also fit into the RC

This is my Mavic Pro RC but fits the same in the Mavic 2 RC
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_PVoNNYpRUncg
New
United States

Does the display that you use with the Mavic 2 controller have to be cellular enabled or have a sim card? I am currently using my Galaxy S9+ but would like to use my older Note 8 which is no longer active as a cell phone.  I was hoping to use my Galaxy Tab S3, but I couldn't get that to work at all.
2018-12-21
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_PVoNNYpRUncg Posted at 12-21 07:57
Does the display that you use with the Mavic 2 controller have to be cellular enabled or have a sim card? I am currently using my Galaxy S9+ but would like to use my older Note 8 which is no longer active as a cell phone.  I was hoping to use my Galaxy Tab S3, but I couldn't get that to work at all.

No, I'm using a non-cell enabled Samsung Tablet.

The only issue would be making sure that you check for updates or update where you do have wifi or hook to computer.
2018-12-22
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Load and cache a map of the area that you intend to fly in using WiFi before you leave home.

Just zoom in on and around the area to cache it
2018-12-22
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Never had an issue from my iPad Mini 4 or iPhone 8 Plus. No shutdowns etc. Good thing about using iOS devices is they don't draw additional charge from the controller.
2018-12-23
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

IPad mini 4  fitted onto a mavmount and hoodman sunshade no issues
1536176499254.jpg
2018-12-23
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hiya Ive tried several different types of tablets and phones for using with all of my DJI ships, but I always come back to either and Ipad Mini or an Iphone, I use the IPhone X as my normal phone and it works very well for me (the only down side is the face recognition when the phone is fitted into the controller arms, if the screen goes to sleep during your pre-flight checks it can be a bit of a pain as you have to wait for the pin screen to appear but nothing bad), the Ipad Mini is great as its light and still easier to take with you for a day out and does have the bigger screen if others want to see!
2018-12-23
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hiya I've tried several different types of tablets and phones for using with all of my DJI ships, but I always come back to either and Ipad Mini or an Iphone, I use the IPhone X as my normal phone and it works very well for me (the only down side is the face recognition when the phone is fitted into the controller arms, if the screen goes to sleep during your pre-flight checks it can be a bit of a pain as you have to wait for the pin screen to appear but nothing bad)
The Ipad Mini is great as its light and still easy to take with you for a day out and does have the bigger screen if others want to see!
I think maybe a second hand or refurbed iPhone Plus model would be a happy compromise (I bought an iPhone 6Plus for that exact reason and just tether it to my daily phone for data while out (did by a pay as you go data sim for it but it needs to be topped up all the time) the iPhone Plus models do fit in the controller without the need for an additional holder (its tight but once you get the hang of it its easy) the screen is that bit bigger than most phones so you get a bit more real estate.

The only reason I say Apple is that DJI seem to work alongside apple (they sell out of the Apple stores too) when developing and Android always seems to be a bit more buggy during new releases (only by what I read that is) and probably due to there being so many devices running Android that have lots of different specs and hardware where as love it or hate Apple are a closed shop so the software and hardware are married so to speak which makes life for the most part a little easier for the UE (I work in IT and only like the Apple devices as I find for me I just end up using the device and not tweeking or fixing things which I have spent most of my life doing at work).

It also comes down to your wallet size too and what you are happy using there are lists of compatible devices but these don't give you ease of use etc... Might be worth asking a few friends if they could add the app to their devices and let you have a try and see how you get on (let them have a go with your Mavic as a trade to using their device as a tester

I tried the Galaxy Tab 4 and it worked great but seemed to get quite hot during use and was a little but laggy (I put this down to the processor getting hammered)

I also tried the Nexus 5 and again seemed to work ok but the screen isnt that great by todays standard (its old though so not really fair) and its short on storage (the one I have is anyway) and again it gets pretty hot.

Sorry for the war and peace length!

PS Im not an Apple fanboy I just like an easy life

Hope this helps
Cheers
2018-12-23
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use another phone that doesn't have an active sim but I just set a hotspot on my active phone and then connect the non active to the hotspot that ways I can still get the live maps and sync functions without the hassle of running two data connections (if I'm out and about and doing a lot of filming during summer then I normally buy a pre-paid data sim so I don't burn all my data in one go in the UK it works out cheaper that way unless you have unlimited data plans)
The secondary sim can come in useful though depending on carrier coverage (I find sometimes an different carrier has the better coverage so I always make sure I take the other one with me just incase!)

As others have suggested you can always cache a map depending on where you are flying, the only downside to this is the geo-tagging of you flying location doesn't seem to get recorded in the Go App but not a biggy, I flew in Hongkong but didn't have my data on so it didn't get recorded)
2018-12-23
Use props
fansf69afedb
lvl.1
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 8-27 20:10

You currently use the Samsung tab 3 on the mavic 2? I am curious because I would rather stay android based. Dji only list Apple tablets as compatible. Your thoughts and recommendations?
2018-12-30
Use props
woolfie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 598100 ft
Austria

I can recommend the iPad mini 4. In my experience IOS is better supported by DJI than Android. The iPad mini fits into the original RC clamps without the need of an extra holder.
2018-12-30
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansf69afedb Posted at 12-30 07:25
You currently use the Samsung tab 3 on the mavic 2? I am curious because I would rather stay android based. Dji only list Apple tablets as compatible. Your thoughts and recommendations?

I did use an iPhone 7 Plus recently on my Mavic Pro and Spark - have to say Apple works good. The only drawback was font inside the DJI GO 4 was a little too large, some of the text was too close together. On Android I don't seem to have that problem, but in terms of smoothness the Apple did really well with image quality - kind of on par with Samsung in most areas. I only use Samsung S7.
2018-12-31
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansf69afedb Posted at 12-30 07:25
You currently use the Samsung tab 3 on the mavic 2? I am curious because I would rather stay android based. Dji only list Apple tablets as compatible. Your thoughts and recommendations?

I did use an iPhone 7 Plus recently on my Mavic Pro and Spark - have to say Apple works good. The only drawback was font inside the DJI GO 4 was a little too large, some of the text was too close together. On Android I don't seem to have that problem, but in terms of smoothness the Apple did really well with image quality - kind of on par with Samsung in most areas. I only use Samsung S7.
2018-12-31
Use props
dragos_yks
lvl.1
United States

I'm using an iPad mini, no complaints so far.

Cheers
2019-1-4
Use props
Dickie Indrasto Widjaja
New

Indonesia

I am using samsung low buget j4... the video recording is lagging i must change my smarphone
2019-3-7
Use props
Dickie Indrasto Widjaja
New

Indonesia

Dickie Indrasto Widjaja Posted at 3-7 12:46
I am using samsung low buget  j4... the video recording is lagging  i must change my smarphone

Recommended android phone please...
Price arround 250 usd
2019-3-7
Use props
Jbwhite00779
New

United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-12-15 08:00
I use the Samsung Tab S2 8in. it fits into the RC just perfect and zero issues for me. the Ipad Mini 3/4 will also fit into the RC

This is my Mavic Pro RC but fits the same in the Mavic 2 RC

How did you get your tab s2 to work...ican not get mine to connect
2019-3-16
Use props
djiuser_PAGzuYsEB3mX
lvl.1
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-8-27 20:10

What about the S5e
2019-8-1
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4
Singapore

Kingram Posted at 2018-8-27 13:05
So you have a Google Pixel 1 phone ? because I see the Google Pixel 2XL  is on the approved list. I used to think the Apple tablets were the best but people are experiencing  them shutting down from the summer heat . DJI is coming out with a new controller for the Mavic 2 which will have a built in 5.5 high bright screen but no release date yet .

Yup , mine shut down . Luckily MA is in sight, managed to fly it back and land
2019-8-1
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

maybe?....
2019-8-3
Use props
dgrobe2112
lvl.1
United States

S5e works great no issues.
2019-8-19
Use props
djiuser_Og1mX42tyiyx
New

I used a ASUS Nexus 7" tablet with my Phantom 4 Obsidian.  I am looking at the Mavic 2 Pro as well.  During a chat with tech support I was told that tablet should work with the Mavic 2 as well.
2019-9-18
Use props
Johnny C!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44839 ft
United States

How about the Samsung Tab A for the M2P?

I don't know what to look for in the processor, etc.

Thanks!

John

This one is what I am looking at it.

Samsung 8" Tab A

2019-10-30
Use props
OkeyDokey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 539012 ft
United States

Johnny C! Posted at 10-30 16:28
How about the Samsung Tab A for the M2P?

I don't know what to look for in the processor, etc.

I just bought a TAB A 10.1 and it works great for flying. I tried to create a video with that dji go 4 app, and the edit part crashes, so I think it may have a resolution problem. I'm thinking I can just use the sd card on the drone. But maybe I'll give this one to my wife and get one that will support the 4k.
2019-11-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules