help! problems connecting AC & remote control - RC beeping contin...
1409 8 2018-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ETKsNmGn2oR5
New

United Kingdom

I got my dji spark a few months back mainly in anticipation of a trip to iceland for which i leave next monday. I flew it with just my phone initially but it was losing connection frequently so I invested in a remote controller. But Im having issues linking them. and also with the rc continuously beeping loudly regardless of if im trying to sync or not. Ive followed all the guidance for how to sync them but it doesnt work. It turned green on 1 occasion then went red again immediately and started beeping continuously like a fire alarm. I also find my phone rarely picks up the RC wifi which is a whole other problem.
Ive tried resetting the RC by the 9 sec power hold. Ive tried resetting the drone (youtube video said hold on button until 1 beep, turn off, then hold 2 beeps turn off then same for 3 beeps then turn off and restart.) Again nothing.

I tried recalibrating the RC but I had issues with that too. i followed all the directions and it said click finish when done. But there was no finish icon either so I couldn't finish the calibrating.

I spoke for ages with dji support. to be honest i was disappointed with the support I got. I was passed from person to person and after trying to get answers for over an hr, THEN  they asked me what drone was I even using! Felt like they didn't understand the issue at all. They said they think its a drone issue but drone is fine. its only the RC which is beeping and that occurs whether drone is turned on OR off!

Support advised me to download dji assistant 2. But everytime i downloaded it (def the spark one) it asked me if i wanted to sync with the inspire drone and offered no other options. Again support were not able to explain why. i tried it on more than 1 computer, still the same.

They suggested i send the drone off for repairs but im sure its the rc not the drone. also I cant afford to do this when my iceland trip is less than a week away. I mean iceland is the main reason I bought my drone. i dont get to use it much otherwise!

Any suggestions for anything else I can try to do anything to avoid sending it for repairs and being in iceland drone-less!

Thanks in advance!

2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced. Regarding with that, may I ask first what Mobile device are you using. If you are using an Android device I would suggest to give a try to use an OTG cable connection and make sure as well the firmware is both updated, please keep us posted whenever you are able to try it and Again we're sincerely sorry for the Inconvenience that you faced.
2018-8-27
Use props
djiuser_ETKsNmGn2oR5
New

United Kingdom

What is an OTG cable?
Yes firmware was updated through dji app
2018-8-27
Use props
djiuser_ETKsNmGn2oR5
New

United Kingdom

Ah just googled it, same as charge lead - yes I can try that. My phone is android - galaxy s9+
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ETKsNmGn2oR5 Posted at 2018-8-27 15:54
Ah just googled it, same as charge lead - yes I can try that. My phone is android - galaxy s9+

Hi, Thanks for your response. There are two reasons why your remote controller is making a beeping sounds, it's either your RC is not connected to the drone or it needed to do the RC calibration. I would advise turning off the mobile data of your Samsung S9+ while connected to the RC's wi-fi afterward turn off your aircraft and try to do the RC calibration again. If the joysticks will not respond correctly then the issue would be the RC. Please let us know on the latest progress. Thank you.
2018-8-27
Use props
djiuser_ETKsNmGn2oR5
New

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-27 15:51
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced. Regarding with that, may I ask first what Mobile device are you using. If you are using an Android device I would suggest to give a try to use an OTG cable connection and make sure as well the firmware is both updated, please keep us posted whenever you are able to try it and Again we're sincerely sorry for the Inconvenience that you faced.

Just realised Im not sure where i shoudl use this cable? Between drone and rc or rc and phone?
2018-8-28
Use props
djiuser_ETKsNmGn2oR5
New

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-27 16:16
Hi, Thanks for your response. There are two reasons why your remote controller is making a beeping sounds, it's either your RC is not connected to the drone or it needed to do the RC calibration. I would advise turning off the mobile data of your Samsung S9+ while connected to the RC's wi-fi afterward turn off your aircraft and try to do the RC calibration again. If the joysticks will not respond correctly then the issue would be the RC. Please let us know on the latest progress. Thank you.

I temporarily got the rc and ac to link but it lasted a moment before the RC started beeping and flashing red again. so i think it is the RC calibration that is the issue though i may be wrong.
I keep trying the calibration. There seems to be 2 ways and periodically it tries one way then the other.  The first way says move joystick in each direction repeatedly then click finish. I did this but theres no finish button.
The 2nd time it showed squares with a dot which moves around the square and I had to follow the dot with the joystick which worked fine. It then asked me to follow the dot with the slider on the right. this worked going left but not right and the trail seemed to end there.
I really dont know where to go from here and am very conscious that my iceland trip is just a few days away! Any other suggestions?!

2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ETKsNmGn2oR5 Posted at 2018-8-28 13:55
I temporarily got the rc and ac to link but it lasted a moment before the RC started beeping and flashing red again. so i think it is the RC calibration that is the issue though i may be wrong.
I keep trying the calibration. There seems to be 2 ways and periodically it tries one way then the other.  The first way says move joystick in each direction repeatedly then click finish. I did this but theres no finish button.
The 2nd time it showed squares with a dot which moves around the square and I had to follow the dot with the joystick which worked fine. It then asked me to follow the dot with the slider on the right. this worked going left but not right and the trail seemed to end there.

Hi, sorry for the late response. Would it be possible if you can provide a short video while doing an RC calibration? You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. Please refer to the video below as well for RC calibration. Thank you for the support.

2018-8-29
Use props
fans95359f7f
lvl.1

Ukraine

1. Turn off Controller and Spark
2. Turn on Controller
3. Reset Controller (long press for 9 second Power Button)
4. Turn Off Controller
5. Turn On Spark
6. Long press on Battery button for two beeps (6 second)
7. Turn off Spark
8. Turn On Spark
9. Long press on Battery button for three beeps (9 second)
10. Turn Off Spark
11. Turn On Spark
12. Once Again press on Battery button for two beeps (6 second)
11. Then (without turn off) press on Buttery button for 1 beep (3 ceconf)
12. Turn on controller
13. Press tre battons Red Pause + Fn + Right Custom button till you hear short beeps and green sparking light
14. They connected in my case!

Had the same issue with spark. What worked for me after talking to DJI support: when you reset spark's wifi settings with 3 beeps (holding power for ~9 seconds) turn it off immediately once you start seeing spark LEDs blinking green! Don't wait and just turn it off once it starts blinking green. Then, when you turn it on again, give it a few seconds to warm up and start, and hold power for 3 seconds. After that controller pairs to drone no prob in a standard way (3 buttons pressed at the same time). works like a charm.
2019-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules