Ronin-S Motor Noise
1806 3 2018-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikeev261
lvl.2
United States

Is it normal to have a subtle, high-pitch motor noise? It's not loud, but if I move my ear close to the gimbal at all I can hear it. I have some at all angles, even when it's idle. The load is relatively light- just a Sony A7iii and compact 35mm Zeiss f/2.8. Ran auto-tune, and the firmware is updated.

It's difficult to hear in the camera's audio, but it's there. It's especially prevalent if I go into inverted mode- I assume because the gimbal's motors are closer to the camera mic.
2018-8-27
Use props
Jberendtphotography
New
United States

I noticed last night that Ronin-S was making more nose than I thought it had in the past while it was just sitting there in the home position. I'm not sure if my balance was off a bit or not. So I'm curious if this is an issue or me just not balancing it properly.
2018-8-28
Use props
mikeev261
lvl.2
United States

Jberendtphotography Posted at 2018-8-28 11:43
I noticed last night that Ronin-S was making more nose than I thought it had in the past while it was just sitting there in the home position. I'm not sure if my balance was off a bit or not. So I'm curious if this is an issue or me just not balancing it properly.

I think it could be normal, just looking for confirmation. I have to be in a quiet room to notice it, or for a microphone on my camera to pick it up.
2018-8-29
Use props
KONTAK
lvl.1

I'm also having this issue. I just purchased my Ronin s 4 days ago. My setup is ,A7rii 24-70mm.
Firmware is updated, I balanced this thing to perfection,did the auto tune,and ran balance test. Everything checked out. My roll and tilt axis are having this issue..the sound is faint. I read the manual and followed the instructions,and it didn't help.. so I went ahead and reduced the stiffness of the roll and tilt motors and the sound went away..but the problem with that is,we autotune the gimbal to handle our payloads so doing that makes no sense... I'm trying to run from sending this thing back so soon.
2018-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules