Canadian Retailers - When to expect???
1039 19 2018-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115748 ft
Canada

Hi There, I placed a pre-order with a Henry's Camera Store in Ottawa, Canada back in June and I am still waiting for mine... It is rather frustrating that direct orders through DJI website have been fulfilled, (I saw another Canadian member post that he ordered his through DJI and received within 2 weeks...) while retailers in Canada are still waiting for their orders to fill their customer pre-orders. I also can't seem to get an ETA from the retailer, one week they tell me the end of August, another week they tell me mid to end of October... What gives DJI?? When can Henry's (or other Canadian retailers) expect to see their orders filled?

Getting impatient waiting to film with my Ronin-S in Canada...

Thanks,

Jeff
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jeff, we are so sorry to know you still haven't received the Ronin-S, unfortunately, we do not have any news of when all retailers will have Ronin-S in stock, please let them confirm with their own DJI representatives, hope you will receive it soon.
2018-8-28
Use props
Harry Winnall
lvl.1

Australia

Never. It's never coming
2018-8-28
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3

Harry Winnall Posted at 2018-8-28 06:51
Never. It's never coming

Starting to think so...
2018-8-28
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

BoxedSoul Posted at 2018-8-28 08:11
Starting to think so...

Have you looked at  AerialTech in Lethbridge AB, London Drugs or Bestbuy?
2018-8-28
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

I pre-ordered from Henry’s in Ottawa

2018-8-28
Use props
Tyler A
New

Canada

Same here !! Was told end of August . Ordered through Dons Photos here in Winnipeg and the order was placed middle of June.  Kind of starting to get ridiculous already . Also kind of getting annoyed that everyone elses otders are being fulfilled when ive been waiting months. Not a good first time impression on someone who's just buying into DJI.  
2018-8-28
Use props
Harry Winnall
lvl.1

Australia

I first ordered mine through one retailer here in Australia nearly 3 months ago now, so far I've been lied to 4 times about shipping dates. I've been in contact with DJI through several pathways and basically they are saying they have no idea when it will be back in stock, let alone when 3rd party retailers will receive it.
2018-8-28
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Tyler A Posted at 2018-8-28 08:51
Same here !! Was told end of August . Ordered through Dons Photos here in Winnipeg and the order was placed middle of June.  Kind of starting to get ridiculous already . Also kind of getting annoyed that everyone elses otders are being fulfilled when ive been waiting months. Not a good first time impression on someone who's just buying into DJI.

My feelings exactly! I certainly don't blame the retailers - they are ordering them from DJI wholesale - but what gets me, is US customer orders are being fulfilled, YouTube reviewers are getting theirs, and so on and so on... it is rather frustrating that they did not anticipate that a product that is apparently so good it is selling faster than they can produce them. Another thing I don't get, is what the heck is the point of "PRE-ORDERING" something if Joe User can order one directly from DJI and get it faster than my pre-order... that I'm still waiting for... Priorities - I guess Canadian consumers and retailers just don't matter.
2018-8-28
Use props
Mr.JPG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183704 ft
  • >>>

BoxedSoul Posted at 2018-8-28 15:02
My feelings exactly! I certainly don't blame the retailers - they are ordering them from DJI wholesale - but what gets me, is US customer orders are being fulfilled, YouTube reviewers are getting theirs, and so on and so on... it is rather frustrating that they did not anticipate that a product that is apparently so good it is selling faster than they can produce them. Another thing I don't get, is what the heck is the point of "PRE-ORDERING" something if Joe User can order one directly from DJI and get it faster than my pre-order... that I'm still waiting for... Priorities - I guess Canadian consumers and retailers just don't matter.

I ordered my from Alberta back in July. I was told sometimes in August when i placed my order.
Now they telling me by end of Sept / beginning of Oct. Most likely I will be cancelling my order soon.
2018-8-28
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Mr.JPG Posted at 2018-8-28 15:22
I ordered my from Alberta back in July. I was told sometimes in August when i placed my order.
Now they telling me by end of Sept / beginning of Oct. Most likely I will be cancelling my order soon.

I'm starting to get to the point where I'm considering canceling my order, and putting the money towards another lens for my 6D Mk II - I pre-ordered the Ronin-S with my 6D Mk II hoping to use the 2 together, instead of my OSMO+ to get some better quality video (full frame always better than the 1/2.3 sensors) - I would order the Ziyhun Crane 2, but I've heard that it pales in comparison to the Ronin-S...
2018-8-28
Use props
Mr.JPG
lvl.3
  • >>>

BoxedSoul Posted at 2018-8-28 15:36
I'm starting to get to the point where I'm considering canceling my order, and putting the money towards another lens for my 6D Mk II - I pre-ordered the Ronin-S with my 6D Mk II hoping to use the 2 together, instead of my OSMO+ to get some better quality video (full frame always better than the 1/2.3 sensors) - I would order the Ziyhun Crane 2, but I've heard that it pales in comparison to the Ronin-S...

Forget about ZY crane 2, ZY just shown their crane 3 prototype at the exhibition.
Hold your order until ZY release more info on the crane 3.
2018-8-28
Use props
Harry Winnall
lvl.1

Australia

I'm most disappointed by the deceptive tactics they have employed, for me i would have never purchased an order if i knew this roller-coaster was all i was buying into. And now to me it seems like an absolute joke that they are saying they "have no ETA" i suspect this is on purpose because they know how many thousands of people will cancel their orders.

Surly they must know
1) how many are manufactured per day
2) how many are ordered per day

And from that can give us some estimate of if its weeks, months or years we are waiting.

Are all DJI direct orders being fulfilled first before any retailers get them?
2018-8-28
Use props
wawawum
New
Canada

I've pre-ordered my Ronin-S at Lozeau (store located in Montreal) back in july and I received it three weeks later (first week of August). Guys at the store told me 55 units were pre-ordered. It seems they received them in one single batch.
2018-8-30
Use props
Harry Winnall
lvl.1

Australia

wawawum@hotmail.fr Posted at 2018-8-30 04:07
I've pre-ordered my Ronin-S at Lozeau (store located in Montreal) back in july and I received it three weeks later (first week of August). Guys at the store told me 55 units were pre-ordered. It seems they received them in one single batch.

Thanks for the info! The store i order mine from told me they had received 7 out of 26 orders around the time you got yours, the other 19 (including mine) have no ETA
2018-8-30
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3

wawawum@hotmail.fr Posted at 2018-8-30 04:07

Lucky you... I'm surprised, because Henry's is a pretty big chain of stores all across Canada, very disappointed... I am leasing through Henry's and have already prepaid for the Ronin-S and still don't have it.
2018-8-30
Use props
Mr.JPG
lvl.3
  • >>>

BoxedSoul Posted at 2018-8-30 06:39
Lucky you... I'm surprised, because Henry's is a pretty big chain of stores all across Canada, very disappointed... I am leasing through Henry's and have already prepaid for the Ronin-S and still don't have it.

I changed my mind, I just cancelled my Ronin S.
Will decide after ZY announced their "weebill" gimbal next month.
2018-8-31
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

So, I still can’t seem to get any kind of a straight answer as to when I will receive my Ronin-S that I “pre-ordered” June 25th... 3 months later and still no clue... meanwhile, hundreds of other people are already enjoying their Ronin-S... WTF DJI???
2018-9-27
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

BoxedSoul Posted at 2018-9-27 10:12
So, I still can’t seem to get any kind of a straight answer as to when I will receive my Ronin-S that I “pre-ordered” June 25th... 3 months later and still no clue... meanwhile, hundreds of other people are already enjoying their Ronin-S... WTF DJI???

Hmmm, 3 days and no official response from DJI? Seriously disappointed. To make matters worse, Henry's can't even get an ETA from DJI - even more disappointing is that other Canadian retailers had them in stock (Lozeau in Montreal had stock as of yesterday) and other retailers, like Henry's, are still waiting for their orders... Looks like DJI really dropped the ball on this one...
2018-9-30
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

So, after all this time, still no indication of ETA - I have cancelled my order, and I am going with the EVO Rage3, better support for Canon cameras right out of the box (actual cci cable interface and allows for full control of ISO Aperture and Shutter speed - NO IR Cable!!), and even comes with their Pro-Focus Drive add on, $50 cheaper than the Ronin-S - Think I might even sell my OSMO and get the EVO Pro for my smartphone too! Bye bye DJI, you lost me on this one....
2018-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules