Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-S and Sony videocam?
14863 25 2018-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The-CROW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59892 ft
France

Hello,
I would like to know if anyone has used Ronin-S with Sony NX80 video camera. I have this camera and am looking for a compact stabilizer for it. Does it work? What are the limitations?
Thank you kindly.
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, thanks for your interest in Ronin-S, the Ronin-S can be stabilized when being used with cameras that weigh less than 3.6 kg, with a width smaller than or equal to 205 mm, and a height less than or equal to 150 mm. However, some camera models may not be able to be controlled with the Ronin-S.
Our engineers are working on developing the USB shutter control, we will keep updating our compatible list: https://docs.djicdn.com/Products ... ility+List+0719.pdf
Hope other users who own Sony NX80 could give you some advice.
2018-8-28
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-28 04:16
Hi there, thanks for your interest in Ronin-S, the Ronin-S can be stabilized when being used with cameras that weigh less than 3.6 kg, with a width smaller than or equal to 205 mm, and a height less than or equal to 150 mm. However, some camera models may not be able to be controlled with the Ronin-S.
Our engineers are working on developing the USB shutter control, we will keep updating our compatible list: https://docs.djicdn.com/Products+info/Ronin-S+Camera+Compatibility+List+0719.pdf
Hope other users who own Sony NX80 could give you some advice.

Thank you for your reply and yes that is exactly what i was hoping for: someone who is in fact using that camera with the Ronin-S can share his experience and thoughts.
Thanks again!
2018-8-28
Use props
Tony911
lvl.2
Italy

Hi, I use the Ronin S with the Canon HF G30 camera without any difficulty. The functions are active with the remote control.
2018-8-28
Use props
janko
lvl.2
Slovakia

I use Sony X70... work fine
626711C6-7A9F-4DEC-9D24-9AA833540A34.jpeg
74AD16C2-8B22-49E3-964A-BAA332493020.jpeg
2018-8-28
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
France

Thanks Tony!
Hey Janko, the X70 is the same size as my NX80. Does it work fine with all the Ronin-S functions and controls? Are there any limitations? What about if the camera's handle is attached?
So do you reconmend it? Thank you so much!
2018-8-28
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
France

[Double post]
2018-8-28
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
France

Sorry for the double post. I see that you're using the FV100 battery too! Can the gimbal fully rotate upwards or does it hit the battery?
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The-CROW Posted at 2018-8-28 04:46
Thank you for your reply and yes that is exactly what i was hoping for: someone who is in fact using that camera with the Ronin-S can share his experience and thoughts.
Thanks again!

You are welcome.
2018-8-28
Use props
djiuser_u1fioz8UrNqU
lvl.3

I have the Sony NX80, and I did try it with the Ronin-S.  My main camera with the Ronin is a Sony A7III, so I didn't spend much time with NX80, I just wanted to see if it would work.  It did balance okay.  But I had a couple of problems.  I didn't have enough clearance to swing the camera to the low, close to the ground position.  Also the NX80 viewfinder is not very bright, so I had difficulty with the Ronin/NX80 combination in bright sunlight.  I didn't want to add the weight of an aux monitor, plus I needed to shoot down low (I was doing video of dogs), so I went back to the A7III.  But I do love the NX80, nice camera choice!
2018-8-28
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
France

djiuser_u1fioz8UrNqU Posted at 2018-8-28 20:52
I have the Sony NX80, and I did try it with the Ronin-S.  My main camera with the Ronin is a Sony A7III, so I didn't spend much time with NX80, I just wanted to see if it would work.  It did balance okay.  But I had a couple of problems.  I didn't have enough clearance to swing the camera to the low, close to the ground position.  Also the NX80 viewfinder is not very bright, so I had difficulty with the Ronin/NX80 combination in bright sunlight.  I didn't want to add the weight of an aux monitor, plus I needed to shoot down low (I was doing video of dogs), so I went back to the A7III.  But I do love the NX80, nice camera choice!

Thank you for your reply.
It really is a nice camera! Do you think it will have enough clearance to go low if a smaller battery was installed and the handle was removed? Or is it the camera body that is too big?
Sorry for the many questions! Thank you again!
2018-8-28
Use props
janko
lvl.2
Slovakia

remote control not working yet with X70...
no start/stop , no focus, nothing...
hope in future..

with both battery can not rotate free..is little limitation.. but I try someting and then works...   :-)

2018-8-29
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
France

janko Posted at 2018-8-29 11:46
remote control not working yet with X70...
no start/stop , no focus, nothing...
hope in future..

What did you try and what did work! Can you please elaborate?
Thanks!
2018-8-29
Use props
djiuser_u1fioz8UrNqU
lvl.3
United States

The-CROW Posted at 2018-8-28 23:46
Thank you for your reply.
It really is a nice camera! Do you think it will have enough clearance to go low if a smaller battery was installed and the handle was removed? Or is it the camera body that is too big?
Sorry for the many questions! Thank you again!

I think it might work without the handle and with a smaller battery.  But you would need to add some weight toward the back so the camera moves forward a little to balance, and gives more clearance at the back.  It is very close so it would not take much.   (A smaller battery gives more clearance, but also removes weight which is the wrong direction, so a smaller battery plus some weight toward the rear that doesn't protrude beyond the battery should do it.)
2018-8-30
Use props
janko
lvl.2
Germany

exactly.... this is the right way...
2018-8-30
Use props
janko
lvl.2
Slovakia

thursday I fly to Barcelona, KIA showing new Proceed and I must make one interview..
than today i try balance X70
6ADCF597-C1BD-4DE7-BEDA-A6CA1D63047D.jpeg
2018-9-11
Use props
janko
lvl.2
Slovakia

on top I use Sony dualchannel wirelless RX..,
6362A9A4-973D-4C29-BD3B-D9CEBCBA63AF.jpeg
2018-9-11
Use props
janko
lvl.2
Slovakia

with two Aladdin lights..
9AEB5626-740B-4E62-B7CB-6DFE1AB151C9.jpeg
2018-9-11
Use props
janko
lvl.2
Slovakia

and BT TX for headphones ...
90D19605-45F2-4308-A5D1-0E0E5DFC86D6.jpeg
2018-9-11
Use props
janko
lvl.2
Slovakia

I use just usefull things..
ok.. can not use flashlight mode...
but now I have more freedom for moving..
2018-9-11
Use props
picturemark1
lvl.1
United States

Just a side note; I tried putting a Sony PXW-X70 on the Ronin S. I knew I'd be using it for b-roll only so no top handle or shotgun mic. I did put a large battery on the camera and it fit and balanced perfectly. I was not able to activate the start and stop function with the IR wire that came in the accessories container. I'm not going to let that be a deal killer tho. I was able to do a full inversion for extreme low angle shots which was what I really wanted. So far, so good.
2018-9-16
Use props
janko
lvl.2
Slovakia

about remote control....
why can't DJI make simple LANC control?  this is very long time here and works... many of us use cameras with LANC... control zoom or focus is without problem...

DJI... why not LANC?
2018-9-17
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
Lebanon

Thanks a lot guys, after reading your posts I guess ı will be buying a Ronin-S as soon as more support for cameras is added. I own several Nikon DSLRs so this will be an added bonus!
2018-9-21
Use props
Sokol1
New

Poland

Hello. Did you finally get Ronin S and NX80?
2019-3-4
Use props
Reno Maenhout
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3119777 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

janko Posted at 2018-9-17 09:17
about remote control....
why can't DJI make simple LANC control?  this is very long time here and works... many of us use cameras with LANC... control zoom or focus is without problem...

Yes, we need LANC. Why is this not on the ronin s?  For ronin 2 it is there.
My Z cam uses it like many more cameras.
Even with my PortKeys Monitor with LongArms uses LANC,   I can use it for Start / stop,  focus, zoom, iris, iso, shutter and even some  extra function keys.  
I would be happy with just: start / stop and focus  is that to much?  
2019-4-6
Use props
carlos_surfs
lvl.1

Tony911 Posted at 2018-8-28 10:25
Hi, I use the Ronin S with the Canon HF G30 camera without any difficulty. The functions are active with the remote control.

I have the Hf G21, it should work fine just like your Hf G30 right? The remote and everything?
2019-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules