Nightime Panorama
1450 9 2015-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
digitaldave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 752917 ft
United States

First attempt at night time photo. A little grainer then I wanted. I am still getting used to the camera and didnt understand when it was in Auto and when it was not. I do now however.

Night skyline Downtown Fort Lauderdale

Night skyline Downtown Fort Lauderdale
2015-5-28
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

WWOOOOW!!!!!  Such an awesome pic!
2015-5-28
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.2
United States

Michael M Posted at 2015-5-28 23:34
WWOOOOW!!!!!  Such an awesome pic!

Thank you! Its about 2 miles from Downtown Fort Lauderdale. It was funny too because I had a patrol cop and 2 bike  guards standing with me enjoying the flight as well! LOL
2015-5-28
Use props
wordsaremything
lvl.3

United States

When you say auto, are you referring to auto white balance or is there a manual shooting mode that Idon't know of. I love taking night shots with my dslr but the P3 gives new opportunities for nice shots like yours.
2015-5-28
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.2
United States

wordsaremything Posted at 2015-5-29 00:29
When you say auto, are you referring to auto white balance or is there a manual shooting mode that I ...

Yes so there is a button on the DJI App all the way down in the lower right hand corner below the shutter and playback button. When you click that you gain control over ISO and Shutter. This is about as close to manual as you can get as far as I can tell. WB is set in a different menu which is located above the shutter and looks like a camera with a Gear on it. There is no control over Aperture as far as I can tell even though it says so in the Manual. I would love a DJI Rep to tell us if Aperture and Focus control will every be available for manual override.

What I didn't realize is once you set the ISO and Shutter speed and close the window the button in the lower right hand corner will light up BLUE giving you visual confirmation that you are using manual settings. If you tap it again it goes back to full Auto mode and is not blue anymore. I accidentally hit it a second time after setting up for a long exposure and didn't realize it until I got home. So this panorama is shot at about 980ISO at around 1/60th if I remember correctly. So I did a ton of noise reduction and some smoothing to get it out right but honestly it still did pretty good considering many digital cameras these days have a horrible time with low light photos.  
2015-5-28
Use props
wordsaremything
lvl.3

United States

digitaldave Posted at 2015-5-29 00:53
Yes so there is a button on the DJI App all the way down in the lower right hand corner below the  ...

Awesome thanks for the info. The photo looks good. Did you use Lightroom for noise reduction? I have found it can do wonders.
2015-5-28
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United States

For Panorama shots do you just take multiple photos and stitch them in post? - Adam
2015-5-28
Use props
hatwaks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160860 ft
United States

Wow. The colors really look crisp. Phantom 3 seems to be a capable little camera. Great job! Cant wait to see more!
2015-5-28
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.2
United States

Adamation Posted at 2015-5-29 01:55
For Panorama shots do you just take multiple photos and stitch them in post? - Adam

Yep. I use Lightroom 6.
2015-5-28
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.2
United States

hatwaks Posted at 2015-5-29 02:07
Wow. The colors really look crisp. Phantom 3 seems to be a capable little camera. Great job! Cant wa ...

Thank you!
2015-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules