Again.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-30
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-8-30 12:36
Yes you are correct about the difference between the two.  And just fyi in case you werent aware gimbal guards can and do cause the error you have been getting thats the reason why you have been asked about wether you had one attached or not.

Ok.. I understand now.. Thank you for clarifying. Have a awesome rest of the day. Ttul
2018-8-30
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-30 13:09
Damned if you do, and darned if you didn ‘t!! hahaha

Lmao.... thank you too!
2018-8-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Nothing but LOL...

4EC4CB15-A377-4B02-ACA6-4D843E317177.jpeg

The fellow in the white cowboy hat, is the gimbal guard. Haha

RedHotPoker
2018-8-30
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

LMAO... I bet he is. Locked and loaded ! Mr Gimbal himself....  love the pic!
2018-8-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-30 15:04
LMAO... I bet he is. Locked and loaded ! Mr Gimbal himself....  love the pic!

Yes, they are well prepared... for a camera or rangefinder breakdown. Ha
76C16DD6-BDA2-4452-BA45-060E8761C4A7.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2018-8-30
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

Oh by the way the P4 is on its way back for another round of repair time... This time I do feel more confident about the right issues being addressed. I put pics and forum replies in with the ac in the box plus the info I wrote in the service page or what ever it’s called. So as long as they fly it for a few moments I’m sure the warning will pop up for them as it did me. ... Fingers crossed!!
2018-8-30
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

So what’s the story with this point system here on this forum ??
2018-8-30
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-30 15:09
Yes, they are well prepared... for a camera or rangefinder breakdown. Ha
[view_image]

Now there is a nice unit and very expensive....
2018-8-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-30 15:10
Oh by the way the P4 is on its way back for another round of repair time... This time I do feel more confident about the right issues being addressed. I put pics and forum replies in with the ac in the box plus the info I wrote in the service page or what ever it’s called. So as long as they fly it for a few moments I’m sure the warning will pop up for them as it did me. ... Fingers crossed!!

Good luck, fingers crossed...

Hope it’s corrected.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-30 15:11
So what’s the story with this point system here on this forum ??

For every 180 points converted you get $1 DJI credit.

1,800 = $10
18,000= $100
180,000=$1000
18,000,000=$100,000

Have fun...

RedHotPoker
2018-8-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-30 15:13
Now there is a nice unit and very expensive....

Yes, tax payers foot the bill.. ;-)

I like pea shooters too...
117BD756-1325-47CB-81C8-A4031EFB576A.jpeg

968471E9-9AF4-4588-816C-91E1A9535CE3.jpeg

RedHotPoker

2018-8-30
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-30 15:23
For every 180 points converted you get $1 DJI credit.

1,800 = $10

Thanks for that info. And good morning to you ! Its 3am here and i just opened up where i work getting ready for all the crazies to start showing up ! LOL ! Have a great day as i know you will !
2018-8-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-31 02:51
Thanks for that info. And good morning to you ! Its 3am here and i just opened up where i work getting ready for all the crazies to start showing up ! LOL ! Have a great day as i know you will !

Where do you start work at 3:00 am?

You must be a baker...

RedHotPoker
2018-8-31
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-31 11:46
Where do you start work at 3:00 am?

You must be a baker...

No thank God I’d be a very large man if I was a baker.. lol. Steel Mill. I go in at 3am to get the place fired up and ready for the employees to do their thing. They start at 5am.. I work from 3am till  5 or 6pm but since I’ve been flying these drones around I sometimes bounce out around 1ish or 2 so I have time to fly before bed at 7pm.. Now that ya know my life’s history.. lol... Question you know those clear plastic prices that are next to the motors that you would take out if you wanted to use blade guards?? Little things on the very end of the arms.. anyway I was flying with guards and still do if I’m around trees and other things so my question is do I or should put those back in when not using guards . ? They don’t serve any purpose do they ??? Thanks and have a great weekend because I’m will if you will. Lol
2018-8-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-31 16:16
No thank God I’d be a very large man if I was a baker.. lol. Steel Mill. I go in at 3am to get the place fired up and ready for the employees to do their thing. They start at 5am.. I work from 3am till  5 or 6pm but since I’ve been flying these drones around I sometimes bounce out around 1ish or 2 so I have time to fly before bed at 7pm.. Now that ya know my life’s history.. lol... Question you know those clear plastic prices that are next to the motors that you would take out if you wanted to use blade guards?? Little things on the very end of the arms.. anyway I was flying with guards and still do if I’m around trees and other things so my question is do I or should put those back in when not using guards . ? They don’t serve any purpose do they ??? Thanks and have a great weekend because I’m will if you will. Lol

Steel mill. That must be hotter than, working around walk in ovens, at the bakery? Ha
You sure  put in long days, so you deserve some quality drone time. ;-)

Sounds like you are flying a Phantom 4. No I have narry an idea what those plugs do besides keeping the bugs and debris out.
But yes, I suggest reinserting them, if they were there in the beginning of your adventure.

People are always looking for small parts they misplace, or lose mid flight. Hang on to yours.

Nothing major planned for the weekend. I’m semi retired, so every Monday here, is a long weekend. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-8-31
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-31 17:36
Steel mill. That must be hotter than, working around walk in ovens, at the bakery? Ha
You sure  put in long days, so you deserve some quality drone time. ;-)

Yes I get Monday off. I was semi retired about 6 years ago then I ran out of money so went back to work.lol. I have a Phantom P4P V2.0 about 3 weeks old now. The Phantom 4 I have is the one I’ve been having such a hard time with and DJI has it again and hopefully they can repair and or replace it . I asked about those plastic parts because the first time I sent the P4 in for repairs they were in the box and not on the ac and DJI installed new ones and sent it back so was thinking they had some importance to flying so was just trying to find out... Thanks again for your reply and help... as always it’s nice to chat with you.. take care.... ttul !
2018-8-31
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-31 17:50
Yes I get Monday off. I was semi retired about 6 years ago then I ran out of money so went back to work.lol. I have a Phantom P4P V2.0 about 3 weeks old now. The Phantom 4 I have is the one I’ve been having such a hard time with and DJI has it again and hopefully they can repair and or replace it . I asked about those plastic parts because the first time I sent the P4 in for repairs they were in the box and not on the ac and DJI installed new ones and sent it back so was thinking they had some importance to flying so was just trying to find out... Thanks again for your reply and help... as always it’s nice to chat with you.. take care.... ttul !

P.S. we don’t make the steel we just roll it up into coils at a certain length and weight for customers and I make sure all the equipment that does the rolling and cutting and packaging stays running. I’m the fix it dude.
2018-8-31
Use props
RAONE
lvl.1

This is a known issue.  Several people have posted the problem including myself .
2018-8-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-31 17:53
P.S. we don’t make the steel we just roll it up into coils at a certain length and weight for customers and I make sure all the equipment that does the rolling and cutting and packaging stays running. I’m the fix it dude.

Here, is where I used to labor. http://www.albertaexchanger.com/index.html

Worked around plenty grades of steel, overhead cranes, welders, plasma cutters, blow torches. All while learning  about fabricating heat exchangers and other technical equipment for the oil patch... you know the routine. I was a boiler maker apprentice. I do live in Alberta the Oil Capital of Canada.

Anyway, yes, plenty of knowledge and experience around that industry. Small world.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-31 17:50
Yes I get Monday off. I was semi retired about 6 years ago then I ran out of money so went back to work.lol. I have a Phantom P4P V2.0 about 3 weeks old now. The Phantom 4 I have is the one I’ve been having such a hard time with and DJI has it again and hopefully they can repair and or replace it . I asked about those plastic parts because the first time I sent the P4 in for repairs they were in the box and not on the ac and DJI installed new ones and sent it back so was thinking they had some importance to flying so was just trying to find out... Thanks again for your reply and help... as always it’s nice to chat with you.. take care.... ttul !

I would leave any part on the drone, unless it falls off by itself. ;-)

All though I have a perfect Phantom 3 Pro, and have never had a problem with it, that wasn't pilot error.
I can sympathize and do feel the discomfort many who enter this forum, share in their posts.

I understand having a buggered costly drone, or broken RC that fails to work as expected or promised by our hosts, the DJI drone manufacturers. That has got to be painful, and certainly would give one second thoughts about future purchases. But when the drones and equipment are working correctly it’s a dream to experience the fun. The pics and video we can collect and others often share here are awesome.

So, yes, it’s a gift when it all comes together. If not, frustration may set in.
I hear how hurt some can feel, while waiting for. their precious drone to come back from service.

I wish no one ever had bad journeys, only grand memories and fantastic experiences, with their model, and time spent here on the forum.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-31
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You posted this on the thread about  the drone crashing in to the sea

With all the deep water swimming that I’m reading about I’ve made me up some water wings for my ac.( V2.0) And she’s going to wear them whether she likes it or not. Lol. I see someone has them for the spark and Mavic but nothing on phantoms. At least if my bird wants a drink I’ll have time to get to her before she goes down for the count. About 48 mins before she starts to list to one side. Hell maybe I can take my parachute out of my rocket and somehow attach it to my ac .. no wait .. that’s no help over water. Well poop I guess I’ll just stay away from water till I perfect my water wings.... Just a thought.... And I’m so so sorry for your loss .. I would be SOOOO upset... hope the best for you...

So, naturally it got me thinking............
2018-8-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

You are thinking? What about...?
283CF8B0-2D70-4849-8834-15C7E72E9B46.jpeg

What’s on your mind?

RedHotPoker
2018-8-31
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-31 23:14
You are thinking? What about...?
[view_image]

Mr Redhotpoker I admire your humor and wit. You sound like the wise man on the mountain some people seek knowledge from. Lol and yes we’re both from the same cloth as far as work experience. Thanks for your replies I enjoy reading them and as to mu idea of water wings for phantoms when I perfect them I’ll share the idea. My idea comes from the little orange or yellow boat key floaty thing just Incase you drop boat keys ya have time to fish them out before they sink. Same concept on drones small enough to not bother flight but yet big enough to keep ac on top of water for at least 1 hour. So far 40 something minutes with same weight.
2018-9-1
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

RAONE Posted at 2018-8-31 18:13
This is a known issue.  Several people have posted the problem including myself .

You are right almost everytime I log onto this forum I read another water foul story and not sure about anyone else but I work very hard for my money and at basically $1000 bucks a wack I really can’t afford that type of loss every other month or so. If my new V2.0 just lost power and took a swim and I could not retrieve it. I WOULD NOT buy another DJI product ever again. But if it was my fault we’ll then I would hang my head in shame and save up for another one. Lol !
2018-9-1
Use props
RAONE
lvl.1

can you post another pic....
2018-9-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-9-1 07:44
Mr Redhotpoker I admire your humor and wit. You sound like the wise man on the mountain some people seek knowledge from. Lol and yes we’re both from the same cloth as far as work experience. Thanks for your replies I enjoy reading them and as to mu idea of water wings for phantoms when I perfect them I’ll share the idea. My idea comes from the little orange or yellow boat key floaty thing just Incase you drop boat keys ya have time to fish them out before they sink. Same concept on drones small enough to not bother flight but yet big enough to keep ac on top of water for at least 1 hour. So far 40 something minutes with same weight.

It’s been s grand and glorious ride, through the narrow streets of my life...

Thanks for thinking of me... ha

I do love to laugh and get a kick out of others humour on here, as well.

FB64EDC3-5BEA-4766-9D9D-B7EFBF01D950.png

We all do...

RedHotPoker

2018-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules