DJI Assistant 2 download problem (Mac)
8405 18 2018-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf4c2b783
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5571 ft

Hi, Ive got a problem with the dji assistant 2 app. I've followed all the instructions following the download but when i restarted my laptop i couldn't locate or launch the app itself. Im using a Mac, High Sierra system.
2018-8-28
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

I had no issues download Assistant 2 app on my iMac after I restarted yesterday.  Did you check your applications folder?  It's close to the top.
2018-8-28
Use props
fansf4c2b783
lvl.1

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-8-28 05:59
I had no issues download Assistant 2 app on my iMac after I restarted yesterday.  Did you check your applications folder?  It's close to the top.

It doesn't seem to be there. Did you have to download a software called HoRNDIS?
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced. May I ask have you tried to use the Finder then search the Assistant 2?
2018-8-28
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Go into finder and it should be in either recents or downloads. Find it and start it. I had to DL it again after my MA arrived. Works and all good.
2018-8-28
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansf4c2b783 Posted at 2018-8-28 06:02
It doesn't seem to be there. Did you have to download a software called HoRNDIS?

It automatically brings up the link on my Mac Mini, so should be good with no faffing about.
2018-8-28
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>

Try going to the download under download, control click then hit open. I was having the same problem when I first started. It is a mac security thi ng
2018-8-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

fansf4c2b783 Posted at 2018-8-28 06:02

HoRNDIS comes as a part of download package for Assistant-2.
2018-8-28
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you are talking about Assistant 2 for the Mavic 2. It installs in the application folder but will not appear in Launchpad. It does not do an update of Assistant 2 but installs with a different name "DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic."

It took me a while to figure out what the issue was. I installed it, started Assistant from launchpad and it looked like it didn't install as I got V 1.2.4 .

Checking in the app folder you will find it under the other name. For some reason Launchpad will not recognise it as an app and will not automatically add it to the launchpad application set.

Hope this helps cheers Brian

2018-8-28
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MavicFit91 Posted at 2018-8-28 06:48
Try going to the download under download, control click then hit open. I was having the same problem when I first started. It is a mac security thi ng

Maybe DJI / Apple should put it in the App Store seen as the GoApp is already available?? Just an idea that would make sense.
2018-8-28
Use props
fansf4c2b783
lvl.1

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-28 06:38
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced. May I ask have you tried to use the Finder then search the Assistant 2?

Yes i did, it only showed the .pkg version of it
2018-8-29
Use props
fansf4c2b783
lvl.1

MavicFit91 Posted at 2018-8-28 06:48

I've downloaded it and restarted it but I'm not able to locate it even after searching
2018-8-29
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansf4c2b783 Posted at 2018-8-29 04:57
I've downloaded it and restarted it but I'm not able to locate it even after searching

Did you try going to finder, then downloads?
2018-8-29
Use props
Ezellular
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47247 ft
Ireland

Hello,

I had the same issue and came to a solution for myself. Have you tried this: Locate the Install file via Finder --> Ctrl Click the package --> Select OPEN --> Follow Download Instructions (Yes download HoRNDIS) --> Restart

On my first few attempts I noticed that when I double clicked the package and went through the process, I had the same results you did; couldn't find the app in my folder, apps list, or finder. When I attempted to start from scratch and opened the Install file, a prompt notified me that I "couldn't download Apps that were not from the app store". Apple advised the above process and it's now up and running for me.

I was looking for ages for a solution so I hope this helps you, if not someone else.

Thanks,
2018-12-1
Use props
Jefferey Drone Pilot 3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48465 ft
  • >>>

I had to go to finder after like 5 loads and find it then drag the Icon to my Bottom bar on my iMac  
2019-9-28
Use props
Aidan_Meisner
New

United States

I just got the DJI Goggles for my Spark, I tried downloading DJI assistant 2 which seemed to download correctly but it wanted me to download HoRNDIS which I tried to download but it wouldn't let me download saying it was incompatible with MAC OS, I'm running Catalina on my Mac. Is there any way to fix this, I've looked all over trying to find help.
2019-12-26
Use props
Mikeb-doc
lvl.1
Germany

Aidan_Meisner Posted at 2019-12-26 08:30
I just got the DJI Goggles for my Spark, I tried downloading DJI assistant 2 which seemed to download correctly but it wanted me to download HoRNDIS which I tried to download but it wouldn't let me download saying it was incompatible with MAC OS, I'm running Catalina on my Mac. Is there any way to fix this, I've looked all over trying to find help.

hey there,

having the same problem here with horndis did you find a solution? still can't find the Assistant app
2020-1-23
Use props
fansd7b55ea4
New

Russia

Hello everybody!
As someone already wrote above, the latest version of Sierra software is also installed on my MacBook Air and it is not compatible with Assistant 2 (((
The installer HoRNDIS writes an error
This package attempts to install content on a system volume. Contact your software manufacturer for assistance.
How do I install Assistant 2 in this case?

2020-2-14
Use props
fansd7b55ea4
New

Russia

Catalina software,Sorry
2020-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules