Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nadim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2859921 ft
  • >>>
Qatar

hello every one

i was looking over the internet on how to do the poi till now no one showes how ?
can any one tell me or explane how to do it ?
2015-5-28
Use props
ssteenberg
lvl.2

United States

Doesn't exist on inspire 1. It was marketing gimmick
2015-5-28
Use props
nadim
lvl.3
  • >>>
Qatar

ssteenberg@gmai Posted at 2015-5-29 00:41
Doesn't exist on inspire 1. It was marketing gimmick

what about this link

2015-5-28
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

I wouldn't go as far as ssteenberg in saying it's just a marketing gimmick.  However, Inspire owners have been told by DJI that it has not yet been implemented for the Inspire.  Naturally folks who ordered their aircraft in 2014 and find that it lacks features they relied upon in making their purchasing decision have grown impatient.  But we continue to be told by DJI that POI (and also Ground Station) are features that ARE coming.  We just don't know when.

Note that if you navigate directly to the YouTube page where that video is hosted, it states the feature is in Alpha testing.  Someone violated their NDA by posting it, presumably under a pseudonym.  It has to complete Alpha, then Beta testing, then be delivered as both firmware and App updates in order to be implemented.  My guess would be months-not-weeks given that the video is dated within about the past week and it apparently hasn't entered Beta yet.

BTW you might want to download that video if you like it - my guess is DJI will insist that YouTube pull it down as a copyright infringement on proprietary intellectual property.
2015-5-28
Use props
nadim
lvl.3
  • >>>
Qatar

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-29 00:49
I wouldn't go as far as ssteenberg in saying it's just a marketing gimmick.  However, Inspire owne ...

thanks
2015-5-28
Use props
BPoHVoodoo
lvl.2

Germany

I seems to be a 3rd Party app.
The Video is 1.5.4 alpha
https://play.google.com/store/ap ... ryuthere.visionplus
Actual is 1.3.5
2015-5-28
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-29 00:49
I wouldn't go as far as ssteenberg in saying it's just a marketing gimmick.  However, Inspire owner ...

Hello

I think you get it wrong PeteGold ( Or my be its me ) I do not think this is a DJI software at all - I think it is a 3th party app based on DJI SDK.

An I do not think DJI intend to come out with some waypoint or poi feature on Inspire 1 - they relay on 3th party app developers.

We the customers a left with multiple apps for flying our Inspire 1 and DJI can blame a 3th party app when something poi related wrong happens.

I am not looking forward to waipoint or poi or follow me or whatever its called. I have used waypoints on my phantom - got bored ( and nervous ) of it.

This is not facts - but what I think on this matter
2015-5-28
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-29 02:36
Hello

I think you get it wrong PeteGold ( Or my be its me ) I do not think this is a DJI software ...

Anything is possible.  DJI absolutely did announce, many months ago, that POI and Ground Station were going to be Inspire features.  They have never changed that stance.  In fact the POI capability is partially built into the app, it's just not finalized.  The last word that I heard from Tahoe_Ed roughly a couple of months ago was about five more months until release (as an informal guess).

There has been A LOT of speculation among the customer base that your theory is correct and that they plan to leave those capabilities to third-parties.  We just don't know who's right - yet.

Note though that in the Appendix of the current user guide, it does say Point of Interest is "coming soon":

Capture.PNG
2015-5-28
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-29 02:57
Anything is possible.  DJI absolutely did announce, many months ago, that POI and Ground Station we ...

I got it - but I wrote because i think it is relevant when someone asks for this features. For us as users I really hope you are right. It is not in our interests to have multiple features spilt into different applications I think.DJI can get away with it stating that they realesed the SDK that the app developers needs to create apps with POI and Waypoint abilities.
Time will show - I hope you are right - but fear that I am right.
2015-5-28
Use props
Airosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-29 02:57
Anything is possible.  DJI absolutely did announce, many months ago, that POI and Ground Station we ...

Pete...always on point and positive

I'm just wondering how much I spent on this bird and how many flights I'm getting out of it.
It should be a relaxing fun time and it's turning into a nightmare of a stress every time I get in the air.
POI it's extremely relevant for me for my line of work and I am definitely running thin on patience just guessing and moving on.

The I1 was an investment. I'm not gambling with it.
But as chinese say: gambling it's an investment
2015-5-29
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Airosa Posted at 2015-5-29 18:09
Pete...always on point and positive

I'm just wondering how much I spent on this bird and how many ...

Don't blame you a bit and the more of you there are the greater the chance DJI might listen some day.  But Ed_Tahoe is right: the Chinese cultural issues that drive this behavior are thousands of years in the making.  We are expecting them to change while they (no doubt) are expecting US to change.  In my view the only way this gets solved is if they create a U.S. business with a U.S. CEO who has real authority and understands western culture.  They had that at one point, though, and got rid of it (and now he's with 3DR) - so I don't know the likelihood of their doing it again.

Meanwhile I may as well stay at least somewhat positive - with $4K invested in this platform I can either try to be a positive influence for change, or howl at the moon.
2015-5-29
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

If you had three hands or could use your fingers while flying you could do the finger pointing on the object and do a POI by the manual mode. If the software was updated so you point to the object you want to track while flying, then the POI would work automatically. DJI stated in their manual that POI would be added later. When? Who knows. If, is another thing. I would like POI as it would add a lot of better video shots for me without a lot of work while concentrating on flying. What DJI needs to do right now is to go through the pilot and firmware apts and make sure everything is working as it is suppose to be. Then add things as they move forward. Make their base strong and right. Fix the things not correct even though they might be slight. I want to make sure they are correct before moving on to other things planned on being added so I can trust my I1.
2015-5-29
Use props
ssteenberg
lvl.2

United States

Hopefully the 3dr solo is a success when it is released and that kicks DJI in the ass hard enough to get them rolling on implementing these features.
2015-5-29
Use props
miragecy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 690197 ft
Cyprus

ssteenberg@gmai Posted at 2015-5-30 01:26
Hopefully the 3dr solo is a success when it is released and that kicks DJI in the ass hard enough to ...

I would be more respectful in saying these words at DJI's own forums.....

Andy
2015-5-29
Use props
ssteenberg
lvl.2

United States

miragecy Posted at 2015-5-30 02:37
I would be more respectful in saying these words at DJI's own forums.....

Andy

Cool story
2015-5-29
Use props
Quadtastrophe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 172267 ft
United States

You will rotate around, and continue to face, whatever the camera is pointing at:

Clockwise by moving the sticks toward each other...

Counterclockwise by moving the sticks away from each other.

Easy peasy!

Except you're spiraling in a little.  Now you're spiraling out!

Gimbal is a little high, or is it down.

Too much wind, overcompensated downwind!

Someone asked me a question - what?  Yes, I can see what the camera sees.  ... It's an iPad.

Pretty deep shadow on this side.  The exposure is off again.

Is that a Park Ranger coming over?

to be continued...
2015-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules