FYI, Capture One Pro doesn't support M2P DNG format
3837 13 2018-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_6Q57jczySsAE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623366 ft

It appears that Capture One Pro version 11.2 (current) doesn't support the M2P DNG raw image format. Bummer.
2018-8-28
Use props
thejesterbot
lvl.1
United States

Noticed the same when I imported my first set of RAWs from the M2P... wasn’t sure if it was a capture one issues (v10 and v11 both), OSX issues, or what... very interested in any updates on this!
2018-8-28
Use props
Andrejs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

Confirm on that
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry to know about that, however, you may consider using another third party editing software to edit DNG raw image format. Please keep us posted in any case you have other question.
2018-8-29
Use props
Andrejs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

By the way. Maybe it will never supports, because Capture One didn't support Hasselblad cameras at all
2018-8-29
Use props
thejesterbot
lvl.1
United States

I'll try Adobe DNG Converter this evening and see if that can convert to a useable DNG.  

Use another program to actually work with RAW files (than Capture One)?  I don't think so!  C1 blows ACR/Lightroom out of the water in terms of RAW power (no pun intended)!
2018-8-30
Use props
thejesterbot
lvl.1
United States

thejesterbot Posted at 2018-8-30 11:49
I'll try Adobe DNG Converter this evening and see if that can convert to a useable DNG.  

Use another program to actually work with RAW files (than Capture One)?  I don't think so!  C1 blows ACR/Lightroom out of the water in terms of RAW power (no pun intended)!

Update: Used Adobe DNC to convert the base DNGs to Adobe (I suppose) DNGs.  I notice the filesize dramatically shrunk in the process (e.g. 33MB -> 24MB), and both original and converted would load in Adobe Camera Raw/Photoshop... but still zero luck with Capture One.

This is a huge problem, as C1 is light years ahead in terms of RAW editing and it's had no issues in the past with my previous drones (Inspire 1, Mavic Pro).  Hoping it's just an EXIF issue that will be fixed via firmware in short order.
2018-8-31
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Odd, DNG is meant to be a wrapper for the raw file so not need camera specific settings.  Adobe recognises it without a camera DB update.

Not ideal but i assume C1 will accept a lossless TIFF just as a test?
2018-8-31
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

thejesterbot Posted at 2018-8-31 06:22
Update: Used Adobe DNC to convert the base DNGs to Adobe (I suppose) DNGs.  I notice the filesize dramatically shrunk in the process (e.g. 33MB -> 24MB), and both original and converted would load in Adobe Camera Raw/Photoshop... but still zero luck with Capture One.

This is a huge problem, as C1 is light years ahead in terms of RAW editing and it's had no issues in the past with my previous drones (Inspire 1, Mavic Pro).  Hoping it's just an EXIF issue that will be fixed via firmware in short order.

You'll have to wait for C1 to update their camera profiles -- suggest you contact PhaseOne support and plead your case.
2018-8-31
Use props
Elanor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 332405 ft
Italy

I've just opened a new case as well, hoping that Capture One will address the problem as soon as possible.
I strongly advise that everyone using C1 open a new case as well.
As per C1 suggestion, this will probably speed up the process: "If you wish support for this camera, please write our Tech support to have your vote registered on it. We use the number of requests as an indicator for how important it is to implement, as we do with all cameras."

In the meantime, I've found a workaround in the same C1 forum thread but I haven't tried it yet. This is the workaround suggested by Nigbo. Beware it's not an official one by C1.
"There is a workaround, which I am using and it works pretty well: Capture One recognises the camera from its exif data. The new Mavic has the following data for that: Maker: Hasselblad Model: L1D-20c
The Mavic 1 has Maker: DJI, Model FC300X
If you change these datas via an exif editor, Capture One has no problem recognising the files and imports them very well. I am using Exif Editor but there are many similar solutions for that. "
2018-9-1
Use props
thejesterbot
lvl.1
United States

Elanor Posted at 2018-9-1 05:18
I've just opened a new case as well, hoping that Capture One will address the problem as soon as possible.
I strongly advise that everyone using C1 open a new case as well.
As per C1 suggestion, this will probably speed up the process: "If you wish support for this camera, please write our Tech support to have your vote registered on it. We use the number of requests as an indicator for how important it is to implement, as we do with all cameras."

Worth a shot, thanks Elanor!  Will try it out and let you know... if I could leave this as a 1-liner command line/bash/bat in the root of my SD card, I wouldn't mind the workaround in the interim!
2018-9-3
Use props
thejesterbot
lvl.1
United States

thejesterbot Posted at 2018-9-3 06:19
Worth a shot, thanks Elanor!  Will try it out and let you know... if I could leave this as a 1-liner command line/bash/bat in the root of my SD card, I wouldn't mind the workaround in the interim!

I can confirm this method works, although merely a short term solution (we would want an appropriate camera profile from C1 to accurately color grade/correct the M2P).

For convenience, I leave the exiftool.exe at the root of my SD card, with a .bat (windows based, but a .sh file would work fine on OSX/linux) file containing the following:

exiftool.exe -recurse -progress -overwrite_original_in_place -preserve -ext DNG -Make=DJI -Model=FC300X .

Running the file will crawl all available DNG files on the card and change the Make/Model.  It's a slow-ish process, but gets them to detect in C1!
2018-9-8
Use props
BeBeBe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 282 ft
Romania

Guys, the latest C1 (v 11.3) now has support for it ;-)
2018-10-11
Use props
fans18e8c2ec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167425 ft
United States

thejesterbot Posted at 8-31 06:22
Update: Used Adobe DNC to convert the base DNGs to Adobe (I suppose) DNGs.  I notice the filesize dramatically shrunk in the process (e.g. 33MB -> 24MB), and both original and converted would load in Adobe Camera Raw/Photoshop... but still zero luck with Capture One.

I'm wondering how you did that.  I tried Adobe DNC on my Mavic 2 Pro DNG files but when I try to select the files to convert, all the DNG files are grayed out and can't be selected.  Is there some workaround I'm missing.  Thanks in advance for any help.
2018-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules