No Raw for Pano modes Mavic Pro 2
1392 7 2018-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

Just a heads up to others and hopefully DJI.

Currently in any pano mode the Mavic Pro 2 locks out raw and only shoots jpg.  I am hoping this is not going to be a permanent issue and will be fixed in firmware?

The P4 Pro offers raw in all pano modes and of course all the Mavics prior to the Pro 2.  

Also, AF currently does not work in Pano mode.  I would like to check focus prior to kicking off a pano.  Normally I will go to AF, hit my subject, then move back to MF for the Pano.  Now you have to be in any other type of photo mode, set focus, then go into Pano mode.  It would be nice to still have AF in pano mode, but having raw is even more important.

NOTE, I attempted in vain to open a tech case with DJI under this forum.  Chat disconnected and timed out.  (I realize they are busy).  I would much rather just open a tech support case and let DJI work on it like with most other companies.  I the only case I can find is the standard repair case and I am needing a repair as others have also reported this issue.

Paul C
2018-8-28
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
  • >>>

OK, I went back reformatted SD card in drone. Selected save original Pano as RAW under the "save original slider".

Panos are saved as raw. As before each pano has it's own folder and in each I only have dng files.

This is really a VERY strange way to implement this. I did a 180 and 9 shot and both were all raw. When you go into pano mode even after setting the "save original" as raw, the frame counter at top is still showing jpg.

But the camera shoots raw. As I only want raw, this is OK for me. But I am curious what you would do to have the drone shoot the pano in jpg/raw?

Strange and will need some clarification I guess.

Unlike any other DJI I have used, Mavic PP, Mavic Air and P4 Pro

Paul C
2018-8-28
Use props
kingofaerials
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157201 ft

DJI Stitches the photos in JPEG not raw, you can manually stitch it in Lighroom or Photoshop usin the DNG Raw Files that are saved seperately.
The individual images are all in raw, just the stitched photo is in jpeg.

My guess is it shows the remaining as jpeg during pano mode because thats what it is saving.
2018-8-28
Use props
kingofaerials
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157201 ft

Also, if you're just downloading photos to your phone it will only show the jpeg stitched copy. you have to plug it into your computer to get the raw files.

This was the same on all previous models
2018-8-28
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
  • >>>

I will go back and double check, but on the P4 and MPP, it took both jpg and dng together.  

I do not want DJI to stitch them, I would rather do that myself.  Which is why I am shooting raw.  I don't believe the P4 Pro or MPP drop you out of raw when you enter into a pano mode as this drone is.  

However there are times I would prefer to have jpgs so I will do more checking as in the past with P4 and MPP I always got both.  

Paul C
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Just keep us posted whenever you are able to try it then check if you have the Raw files using a computer. However. I already forwarded this concern to our developer to clarify as well.
2018-8-29
Use props
ErikSwan
lvl.1
United States

Paul, thanks for figuring this out! I was getting really worried that it was not possible.
2018-8-29
Use props
Impact9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 215886 ft
United States

Excellent wish they just made this more obvious.
2018-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules