Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Testing out an older DJI LUT on my Mavic 2 Pro video
1424 11 2018-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

Since DJI hasn't come out with their updated LUT, I decided to give their older LUT a try on the Mavic 2 Pro initial flight.  I think it turned out OK.  I edited it in Final Cut Pro X.  I just uploaded it, so the 4k viewing option will be unavailable for a bit.  Your thoughts?

2018-8-28
Use props
Novadesigns
lvl.2

That sky is looking pretty turquoise and saturated... looks like you're clipping in places as well. I think waiting until DJI releases their LUT for this camera is the best we can do.
2018-8-28
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

Thank you for the feedback. You are spot on with your observatons.

Now we play the waiting game...
2018-8-28
Use props
Novadesigns
lvl.2

Yeah for right now I'm just sticking with regular D-log and grading per shot with Lumetri.... seems to do the trick.
2018-8-28
Use props
djiuser_u1fioz8UrNqU
lvl.3

Novadesigns Posted at 2018-8-28 19:44
That sky is looking pretty turquoise and saturated... looks like you're clipping in places as well. I think waiting until DJI releases their LUT for this camera is the best we can do.

Does DJI actually provide LUTs?  My experience has been most camera companies rely on third parties to come up with the LUTs.
2018-8-28
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

djiuser_u1fioz8UrNqU Posted at 2018-8-28 20:34
Does DJI actually provide LUTs?  My experience has been most camera companies rely on third parties to come up with the LUTs.

They have provided LUT's before, and my guess is that they will do it with the Mavic 2, too. But that is just my guess.
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_u1fioz8UrNqU Posted at 2018-8-28 20:34
Does DJI actually provide LUTs?  My experience has been most camera companies rely on third parties to come up with the LUTs.

Hi there, For now, at the moment LUT is not available and we don't have yet information yet from out developers if there will be and If ever it will be posted on the DJI website.
2018-8-29
Use props
Jamal N
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1757844 ft
United Arab Emirates

Hi Guys,

I created some Mavic 2 Pro LUTs if you want to check them out at https://www.jamaln.com/store/
2018-8-31
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

Jamal N Posted at 2018-8-31 05:28
Hi Guys,

I created some Mavic 2 Pro LUTs if you want to check them out at https://www.jamaln.com/store/

Jamal,

While I appreciate seeing the different shades of LUT's you provide, what basis did you create these LUT's from (Footage)?  From your Inspire drone?
2018-8-31
Use props
Jamal N
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-8-31 05:34
Jamal,

While I appreciate seeing the different shades of LUT's you provide, what basis did you create these LUT's from (Footage)?  From your Inspire drone?

Hi Fraggboy,

Every LUT was created from the actual drone it was intended for. So the Mavic 2 Pro, as an example, was from that drones footage and so on for every LUT. While I don't own all the drones I have friends that do and they helped me in supplying test footage in different lighting scenarios to create the LUTs.

Hope this answers your question.
2018-8-31
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

Jamal N Posted at 2018-8-31 05:38
Hi Fraggboy,

Every LUT was created from the actual drone it was intended for. So the Mavic 2 Pro, as an example, was from that drones footage and so on for every LUT. While I don't own all the drones I have friends that do and they helped me in supplying test footage in different lighting scenarios to create the LUTs.

Thank you for the reply Jamal.  I have bookmarked your website.  I am sending you a PM.
2018-8-31
Use props
Jamal N
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-8-31 05:40
Thank you for the reply Jamal.  I have bookmarked your website.  I am sending you a PM.

Cool. Thanks
2018-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules