2961 10 2018-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3505518 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm used to flying the P4P to shoot panos. I set the P4P to shoot a raw sequence when taking a pano. For some reason I'm only getting the option to shoot jpeg in pano mode. Is this correct? Will there be an update to fix this?
2018-8-28
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ugh just figuring out  HDR is also forcing JPEG on the Mavic Pro 2

2018-8-28
Use props
ErikSwan
lvl.1
United States

FlyLowandSlow Posted at 2018-8-28 20:13
ugh just figuring out Hyperlapse and HDR are also forcing JPEG on the Mavic Pro 2

Mango Street said that they were able to save the RAW photos from a Hyperlapse, so it is (was?) possible, at least with the pre-production firmware. 5:20 in the video below.

2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. We already forwarded this concern to our developer for clarification as well. I will give some update once we have the feedback thanks!
2018-8-29
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-29 10:27
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. We already forwarded this concern to our developer for clarification as well. I will give some update once we have the feedback thanks!

I appreciate that! I hope an update can remedy.
2018-8-29
Use props
ErikSwan
lvl.1
United States

+1 on this. I would really, really like to be able to save RAW photos from a panorama. DJI Stephen, please let us know about any updates!
For the record, it is possible to save the RAW photos for a Hyperlapse by following these directions:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 106&pid=1539169
2018-8-29
Use props
ErikSwan
lvl.1
United States

Actually, according to this thread, the drone does actually save RAW files for panoramas:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 894&pid=1536888
2018-8-29
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ErikSwan Posted at 2018-8-29 23:44
Actually, according to this thread, the drone does actually save RAW files for panoramas:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=163894&pid=1536888

Thanks!... that was a pretty non-intuitive place to store this option. I took some screenshots to help anyone else having this issue. Any word on the HDR, dng option?

2018-8-30
Use props
Corvus monedula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3550594 ft
Poland

I gather it's still not possible to have M2P shoot panoramic sequence AND exposure bracket?
2018-8-30
Use props
ErikSwan
lvl.1
United States

FlyLowandSlow Posted at 2018-8-30 06:20
Thanks!... that was a pretty non-intuitive place to store this option. I took some screenshots to help anyone else having this issue. Any word on the HDR, dng option?

[view_image]

Are you expecting the drone to combine the HDR shots into a single DNG? That doesn't make much sense to me since DNGs contain the raw data from the sensor, so it's not really possible to combine multiple RAW shots into a single RAW DNG.

You can always use the AEB setting and take 3 or 5 RAW photos with different exposures, which is all the HDR feature is doing.
2018-8-31
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ErikSwan Posted at 2018-8-31 23:07
Are you expecting the drone to combine the HDR shots into a single DNG? That doesn't make much sense to me since DNGs contain the raw data from the sensor, so it's not really possible to combine multiple RAW shots into a single RAW DNG.

You can always use the AEB setting and take 3 or 5 RAW photos with different exposures, which is all the HDR feature is doing.

Hey Erik, plenty of apps and cameras have to ability to create a merged DNG, it's like the merged JPEG but has more information. But honestly, I'd prefer the ability to save the bracketed image set.
2018-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules