flyaway
1092 8 2018-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Inspector157
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1509 ft
United States

Had problems with a resent flight and am hopping that someone can tell me what went wrong. Below is the detailed information from the flight log for the Fly away flight.

0 Ft., Take off, GPS 10 @4 bars, Battery at 89%
140Ft., GPS turned to ATTI, GPS 15@ 5 bars went to 16 no bars, Battery at 85% (At this point I felt like I had already I lost control of the drone making me look at the screen to press the return to home button.) At this point, even though I could hear the drone, I could not find it visually
Message pops up about 1 second after changing to ATTI saying “Magnetic field interference exit P-GPS mode”
140Ft, ATTI, GPS 10 @0 Bars, Message pops up momentarily saying “weak GPS signal, Position accuracy may be compromised Pleas fly with caution” Battery at 81%
140 Ft., ATTI, GPS 15 0 Bars, Battery at 81%,  “Cannot start return to home due to week GPS”, “Magnetic field interference exit P-GPS mode”
140 Ft., ATTI, GPS 15 0 Bars, Battery at 80%,  “Cannot start return to home due to week GPS”, “Magnetic field interference exit P-GPS mode”, “weak GPS signal, Position accuracy may be compromised Pleas fly with caution”
I started getting the messages at 1 min. 6 sec. into the flight. The messages were just a flash and were not on the screen long enough to read. The last message was at 1 min. 56 sec. At this point, although faint, I could still hear the drone flying away getting fainter and fainter.
I had 2 resources to help me try to locate the lost drone, but none of them make sense.
1)        If I look at the flight path on the satellite view map, the last known location was 52 ft. from me. This is however the same place that I last saw the drone and is about the same spot that I lost control of it.
2)        Using the “Find my drone” feature, the drone would be located about 100 yards from where I last saw it in the above item 1. This location is still fairly close to me and the takeoff spot. This location is in the direction I heard the drone go, but as I heard the drone fly away getting fainter and fainter, it was still going long past the point of where it’s shown in this feature.
Although I’m new to drone flying with only about an hours’ time flying my nephew’s Spark, I do not see anything here that could be considered pilot error. This totally seems to be a malfunction of some sort. Can any body tell me what went wrong? Does DJI replace drone that experience this malfunction?

I have tried to download the flight log to my PC, but when I do, I just get what I call unformatted gibberish. It's in a text format. (several paragraphs of symbols) How do I get something I can read like when I open the same log on my phone?
2018-8-28
Use props
fans54e242c1
New
Flight distance : 19259 ft
South Africa

Hi there. I encountered the exact same issue on Sunday. Just after take off I got a few error messages. Drone did not respond to the
2018-8-28
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

UPLOAD YOUR LOG FILE HERE:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Upload/
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for all the trouble. Kindly contact our support team to start up a case: (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav). You can provide your flight records to our support for further analysis. Thanks for your support.
2018-8-29
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

That Gibberish you get in the flight logs has to be uploaded so they can be converted so you can read it...      

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/   
2018-8-29
Use props
j
New
Flight distance : 75203 ft
United States

Hi,

My DJI Spark crashed today during a flight. I did absolutely nothing wrong. The aircraft all of a sudden was no longer responding and without me touching the remote control, it flew forward and fell out of the air. I have flight records and a screen recording of my flight and this also shows I did not touch the remote. I checked the IMU and compass before flying, weather conditions were great. I expect DJI to send me a new aircraft since this is really unacceptable for a drone that is barely used and not even two months old.

Flight records: http:// www. phantomhelp.com/logviewer/FYDNCRL8B97CBH6ZW6UR
Video recording of flight: https:// we.tl/t-Y5LuRT774P

Breakdown of video footage:
- 2.40 minutes: Losing signal, automatic RTH (the question is why since I am in an open space, less than 30 meters from the remote controller)
- The aircraft starts to go up and returns to the home point
- 3.05 minutes: Signal is back so RTH canceled and ready to take control over the aircraft again
- Perfectly flying around without losing GPS signal
- 4.15: No control over the aircraft although the GPS signal is still ok (see top left on screen)
- 4.16: Aircraft is hovering rapidly and without me touching the remote control, it goes forward
- 4.20: Aircraft falls out of the sky (I tried to go up but did not respond)
- 4.24: I rewind the video to show that I did not touch the remote controller
- 5.39: From here on, I have not touched the remote controller. A few seconds later, the aircraft starts to go forward
- 5.51: I try to go upwards to save the aircraft but it does not respond
- 5.53: Aircraft falls out of the sky and crashes

I hope DJI will solve this correctly!

Thanks!
2018-9-10
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

j@n Posted at 2018-9-10 18:38
Hi,

My DJI Spark crashed today during a flight. I did absolutely nothing wrong. The aircraft all of a sudden was no longer responding and without me touching the remote control, it flew forward and fell out of the air. I have flight records and a screen recording of my flight and this also shows I did not touch the remote. I checked the IMU and compass before flying, weather conditions were great. I expect DJI to send me a new aircraft since this is really unacceptable for a drone that is barely used and not even two months old.

Correct link is (watch case sensitivity!):
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/FYDNCRL8B97CBH6ZW6UR/

2018-9-11
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
United States

Hi,

Please upload your flight logs so they can be analyzed. thank you
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi,

Hi, We do apologize for the troubles that it caused. I would recommend contacting our DJI support for further help and investigation. Please sync your flight records with DJI GO app then contact our support. Kindly see the link below.

www.dji.com/support
2018-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules