1609 13 2018-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61184 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got my Pro in today. Zoom showing up tomorrow.. Annoyed I have to buy  one for a good camera, and one for good features. Probably in six months  they will release the ONE drone that does both, making my two worthless.  That's the DJI way.  Also, When are they going to realize a lot of  people don't want to take their phones out of the case and risk damaging  the phone that costs almost as much as the drone? MAKE A CONTROLLER  THAT ACCOMMODATES PHONES WITH CASES!!!!
2018-8-28
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just get a decent holder from the load of decent ones out there. Essential upgrade off the list of upgrades.
2018-8-28
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>

I would prefer an RC with a phone display... just happened in Istria few times, mavic in backpack, phone in the car, ugh...
2018-8-29
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DaMa Posted at 2018-8-29 01:07
I would prefer an RC with a phone display... just happened in Istria few times, mavic in backpack, phone in the car, ugh...

I ordered my Phantom 4 Pro Plus to get the integrated display option, and LOVE it. I hate having to use my phone.
2018-8-29
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-8-28 23:31
Just get a decent holder from the load of decent ones out there. Essential upgrade off the list of upgrades.

Didn't know there were any, but its silly to have overlooked that possibility. Will definitely take a look! Thanks.I would prefer to not have to use my phone at all... maybe time to get that crystal sky! lol!

2018-8-29
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

Check this out around 25:53 mark of the video. They are talking about a second Mavic 2 controller with built in 5.5" screen in the works from DJI:
2018-8-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There will be a RC with screen for M2, hopefully soon.
2018-8-29
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>

No Man's Drone Posted at 2018-8-29 02:33
Check this out around 25:53 mark of the video. They are talking about a second Mavic 2 controller with built in 5.5" screen in the works from DJI: https://youtu.be/YFRgpQ3Dn9o

Thanks for the link. Let's see what's coming, would be great !
2018-8-29
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

DaMa Posted at 2018-8-29 02:48
Thanks for the link. Let's see what's coming, would be great !

I was about to order GoProfessionalCases GPC-DJI-MAV-2 for my Mavic 2 Pro but I'm holding off until the new controller arrives. They said they will be releasing another version of the case to accommodate the new controller with built-in screen.
2018-8-29
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

He mentions the controller with the built in screen again in this video #9

2018-8-29
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Phan-TOM Posted at 2018-8-29 01:46
Didn't know there were any, but its silly to have overlooked that possibility. Will definitely take a look! Thanks.I would prefer to not have to use my phone at all... maybe time to get that crystal sky! lol!

Are you guys talking about those Otterbox cases that make phones waterproof and combat proof?  Those huge cases that negate the size reduction efforts of the phone manufacturers?  My aluminum slim case gives the phone scratch protection and limited impact protection.   The case is slim enough to fit in the remote's grippers.

2018-8-29
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

If you have an OtterBox, what you *can* do (Could void your warranty) is remove the rubber 'grips' from the controller.  The OtterBox fits nice.  If you do choose to do this (At your risk), keep the rubber inserts so you can re-install them later on if needed.
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regarding your concern, we cannot guarantee if we
can make a controller that supports the phone with cases since not all case has the same size. But hopefully soon. We welcome all of your suggestions and this will be presented to our engineers if there are any updates in the future. We thank you for your continued patronage in DJI. Have a safe flight always.
2018-8-29
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-8-29 08:21
If you have an OtterBox, what you *can* do (Could void your warranty) is remove the rubber 'grips' from the controller.  The OtterBox fits nice.  If you do choose to do this (At your risk), keep the rubber inserts so you can re-install them later on if needed.

I thought about doing that.. I'll look at it and see if my case will work that way. its about the same thickness as the OB
2018-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules