The best way to discharge Ronin S battery?
8073 21 2018-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ice.L
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

According to the manual, it said that the grip should be discharge to 40% - 65% if it will not be used for 10 days or more. What is the best way to discharge the grip if the battery is currently at fully charge?
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Ice.L, thanks for your concern about the battery discharge, the grip will automatically discharge itself below 65% when it is idle for more than 10 days, you can also use the Ronin-S when the battery is 40% -60% and then store, please note to discharge and charge the grip completely once every three months to maintain the health.
2018-8-31
Use props
mikeholt
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-31 03:50
Hi Ice.L, thanks for your concern about the battery discharge, the grip will automatically discharge itself below 65% when it is idle for more than 10 days, you can also use the Ronin-S when the battery is 40% -60% and then store, please note to discharge and charge the grip completely once every three months to maintain the health.

Hello Mindy,

I would like to echo the same question, as I'm boarding a flight in the morning and my Ronin S is currently at 100% charge...

What is the best way to discharge the battery (as quickly as possible)?

Thank you!
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mikeholt Posted at 2018-9-12 19:51
Hello Mindy,

I would like to echo the same question, as I'm boarding a flight in the morning and my Ronin S is currently at 100% charge...

Hi there, sorry for my late response because of the holiday, the fastest way would be shooting with Ronin-S, it will discharge itself if you don't use it for a long time, no worries.
2018-9-17
Use props
e1darie1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1843084 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Hi Ice.L, thanks for your concern about the battery discharge, the grip will automatically discharge itself below 65% when it is idle for more than 10 days, you can also use the Ronin-S when the battery is 40% -60% and then store, please note to discharge and charge the grip completely once every three months to maintain the health.

Me and my friend noticed that it's not auto discharge after 10 days. Usually we do shooting together so we charge 100% after each project. Entire September we did not use Ronin S and charge still 100%.

What can be issue for auto discharge?  
2018-10-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

e1darie1 Posted at 2018-10-7 04:27
Me and my friend noticed that it's not auto discharge after 10 days. Usually we do shooting together so we charge 100% after each project. Entire September we did not use Ronin S and charge still 100%.

What can be issue for auto discharge?

Hi e1darie1, sorry to hear that, may I have the APP version and the firmware version first for further support? Thank you.
2018-10-8
Use props
e1darie1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-8 02:04
Hi e1darie1, sorry to hear that, may I have the APP version and the firmware version first for further support? Thank you.

ios app ver: 1.1.4(113)
fw ver: 1.5.0.40

It would be nice if we can set discharge time manually, like in Mavic from 1-10 days.
2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

e1darie1 Posted at 2018-10-9 08:31

The issue and your suggestion will be forwarded to our engineers, I will keep you updated soon, thank you.
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

e1darie1 Posted at 2018-10-9 08:31

Hi e1darie1, thanks for your patience, we have received the update from our engineers, may I verify how did you store the battery? It is recommended to remove the battery for storage.
The discharge time cannot be set manually for the latest released product, sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-10-17
Use props
e1darie1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-17 00:37
Hi e1darie1, thanks for your patience, we have received the update from our engineers, may I verify how did you store the battery? It is recommended to remove the battery for storage.
The discharge time cannot be set manually for the latest released product, sorry for the inconvenience.

I disconnect everything and store it in box that came with it. Room temperature 22-24 C.

Since I post it(9 October), battery still 100% and I did not use Ronin.
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

e1darie1 Posted at 2018-10-23 04:50
I disconnect everything and store it in box that came with it. Room temperature 22-24 C.

Since I post it(9 October), battery still 100% and I did not use Ronin.

Thanks for getting back, we will verify again with our engineers, thank you.
2018-10-24
Use props
djiuser_ceJq7RnnI6kM
New

India

Hai , as u sed am not able to use my Ronin since last days and when I take it now it won't getting on , or i just plugged to the charger , then also no charging indication shows , can u guys plz help me ....
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_ceJq7RnnI6kM Posted at 11-8 18:49
Hai , as u sed am not able to use my Ronin since last days and when I take it now it won't getting on , or i just plugged to the charger , then also no charging indication shows , can u guys plz help me ....

Hi there, may I know if you are referring to Ronin-S? If yes, how did you power on the device? When you press once the power button in the handle, will the indicator blink? Did you charge the Ronin-S with the included Power Adapter and USB-C cable?
2018-11-8
Use props
jacob1984
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-11-8 22:49
Hi there, may I know if you are referring to Ronin-S? If yes, how did you power on the device? When you press once the power button in the handle, will the indicator blink? Did you charge the Ronin-S with the included Power Adapter and USB-C cable?

Hello, I have the same issue. Today is 10 January, last time I used Ronin S was 27 December. That was first time I used it its brand new. Why it is not discharging? Please find the solution.
2019-1-10
Use props
haell
lvl.4
Sweden

Out of curiosity - Is airport security that strict with the battery charge? I've only carried the Ronin-S with me on one trip, but the security and flight personnel was completely uninterested in Ronin-S and it's battery. Perhaps it's stricter within the NA and China borders?
2019-1-11
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

If you purchase the Ronin-S Battery Adapter, you will notice that it has two connectors.  The USB-C connector is labeled "IN"...it is used to charge the battery using the included charger without being connected to the gimbal head.  The normal USB connector is labeled "OUT" and you can plug any USB device into this and draw power from the battery.  I connect a USB device to the "OUT" connector and discharge the battery to the level I wish.
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jacob1984 Posted at 1-10 10:23
Hello, I have the same issue. Today is 10 January, last time I used Ronin S was 27 December. That was first time I used it its brand new. Why it is not discharging? Please find the solution.

Hi Jacob, may I verify how did you store the battery? Store it separately or together with the gimbal attached? It is recommended to remove the battery for storage.
2019-1-12
Use props
burkekrogers.com
lvl.1
Canada

The grip definitely does not discharge itself. And DJI Mindy, you did not report back here as to what the engineers said. Your manual says it discharges itself after 10 days of non-use. IT DOES NOT. Stored with the whole assembly attached.
2020-6-1
Use props
DmytroK
lvl.4
United States

burkekrogers.com Posted at 6-1 03:58
The grip definitely does not discharge itself. And DJI Mindy, you did not report back here as to what the engineers said. Your manual says it discharges itself after 10 days of non-use. IT DOES NOT. Stored with the whole assembly attached.

Yes, it is not discharging when not in use. I reported about the same problem earlier - few years of waiting for a response )))))) DJI misleads us in their manual.
2020-6-3
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

Hi Ice.L, thanks for your concern about the battery discharge, the grip will automatically discharge itself below 65% when it is idle for more than 10 days, you can also use the Ronin-S when the battery is 40% -60% and then store, please note to discharge and charge the grip completely once every three months to maintain the health.

@DJI Mindy thanks for the advice to discharge Ronin S battery grips. Does your battery advice apply to all sorts of DJI batteries? Most of them - drone batteries as well as gimbal batteries - discharge automatically to 60%. Is it recommendable for all types of DJI batteries to completely discharge and recharge them every three months? Thankl you very much in advance.
2023-5-21
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

haell Posted at 2019-1-11 02:20
Out of curiosity - Is airport security that strict with the battery charge? I've only carried the Ronin-S with me on one trip, but the security and flight personnel was completely uninterested in Ronin-S and it's battery. Perhaps it's stricter within the NA and China borders?

They just don't know there is a battery in there. Most of the time, you just tell them it is DJI. They have learned during their training "DJI products are safe".
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rogiervdheide Posted at 5-21 00:03
@DJI Mindy thanks for the advice to discharge Ronin S battery grips. Does your battery advice apply to all sorts of DJI batteries? Most of them - drone batteries as well as gimbal batteries - discharge automatically to 60%. Is it recommendable for all types of DJI batteries to completely discharge and recharge them every three months? Thankl you very much in advance.

Please note that the auto discharge function differs from each model. We recommend you refer to the user manual of the corresponding product. https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.6_en.pdf
2023-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules