6622 16 2015-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisnoel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519708 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recived my Phantom 3 last week and noticed a problem on my first flight. There seems to be some vibration in the gimbal and in the video you can see the effect ever 2 seconds. (watch the trees). Are many people seeing this?

2015-5-28
Use props
Rimas_M
lvl.2

Lithuania

Welcome to the jello club. You can find several threads here about this issue (count me in)
2015-5-28
Use props
chrisnoel
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Rimas_M Posted at 2015-5-29 03:44
Welcome to the jello club. You can find several threads here about this issue (count me in)

Have you had any success on fixing yours with any video adjustments? I have heard high shutter speed can make things worse? I see most of nine at 4k.
2015-5-28
Use props
Rimas_M
lvl.2

Lithuania

I was not able to solve this issue by myself - I've tried both propellers sets (potential unbalanced propellers issue), sunny and cloudy day (shutter speed), windy and calm day (vibrations due to wind), moving - hovering. The issue is persistent - sometimes not so noticeable, but it can be seen in videos always. I've sent the unit to the DJI. Now waiting for further info.
2015-5-28
Use props
coherent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7411 ft
United States

This appears to be more than just a jello issue. Is the sound from your first video a noise coming from the gimbal? The video jello issues I've seen originate from too fast a shutter speed when panning (hence the ND filter fix) or vibrations from the props/motors which is a possibility. Your P3 seems to be doing something like a "harmonic vibration". Such vibrations are caused by  frequency and harmonics  and is commonly produced by an unbalance in rotating machinery. I suppose it could be a warped prop or something causing it, but something is not right. I personally would not fly it until I figured out the cause and fixed the issue.  If it's the gimbal itself stuttering & vibrating as it moves, something is wrong with it.  Shoot some video without the motors/prop turning while moving the P3 like you did in your first video and see it the condition is there. At least that way you should be able to determine if the problem lies in the gimbal or the motors/props. Best of luck.
2015-5-28
Use props
Rimas_M
lvl.2

Lithuania

Here is one of mine samples: Looks like pretty the same issue.
2015-5-28
Use props
chrisnoel
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Rimas_M Posted at 2015-5-29 05:36
Here is one of mine samples: https://youtu.be/uJR3vZvgRYM?list=PLraLjeiqIiW-cd2w7VZnIclDeCYrAi3VT Lo ...

It is defiantly hardware. I tried another P3P today and it is perfect!
2015-6-1
Use props
grphoto
New

Canada

Hey all.

This may not apply to all of you but hopefully helps some. I was having the same problem with my new P3 Pro. I found a small piece of shipping foam slid tightly in behind the gimbal and removing this solved the issue. This piece of foam is white and so well cut and placed so well that it actually looked like part of the body of the P3.

Good luck!
2015-6-15
Use props
Shayno
New

Germany

grphoto Posted at 2015-6-16 00:14
Hey all.

This may not apply to all of you but hopefully helps some. I was having the same problem w ...

Hey all,

Actually, If it wasnt for this post - I probably would never have found that white foam. A huge thumbs up here! I just got home from my first flight, and noticed that the video was really really shaky which is incredibly strange for a brand new aircraft with a never-before used Gimbal. I was quite worried and it lead me to this forum & I do hope that now that I have removed the foam - it should have fixed it.

My theory is that the vibrations were being transmitted through the foam to the the gimbal (bypassing the anti-vibration plate).

I will try and test tomorrow and I will post here some results
2016-1-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Shayno Posted at 2016-1-30 03:43
Hey all,

Actually, If it wasnt for this post - I probably would never have found that white foam ...

Yes, without removing the foam the camera will definitely not work correctly.
2016-1-29
Use props
waclawq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 747923 ft
Poland

I have the same problem ( no foam)
2016-2-6
Use props
nuruddin_97
New

Singapore

I had same issue exactly as yours (the every 2 second noise and vibrate) and it fixed perfectly after I tighten a screw which is black for mine (phantom 3 Pro) located at the yaw controlling holder (you can see it when you push the camera towards left I guess) and then I did as you can see in the pic which weight about 15g.

2016-6-10
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Jello is only caused by one thing, vibration in the gimbal. To chrisnoel, I could see that you had removed the foam packing piece, but you might try the suggestion by nuruddin_97 regarding tightenting the small grub screw that holds the gimbal arm to the yaw drive motor. This can often be loose, causing virbration. Also, try this ion the ground, see if their is any noise from the gimbal and see if it is vibrating very fast.

2016-6-10
Use props
waclawq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 747923 ft
Poland

I did send it for repair. in my P3P they changed the gimbal and now everything is ok Thanks to EU service and my lokal dealer. I have tested the screw and every possibility that I can.
2016-6-18
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

This is really bad , my phantom 3 pro is working amazing , i love it !! but I'm afraid of trying the new firmware i don't want to have the same issue
2016-6-18
Use props
Rushiam
New
Russia

I've managed to fix periodic vibration/buzz of gimbal/camera when it is pointed forward after a lot of research.
It was caused because ribbon cable that came out of camera slightly touches gimbal (I could hear it when I tilt camera by hand when drone is turned off) - I reassembled camera, trying to lay down that ribbon cable and board that holds that cable as far as I can away from gimbal (care not to broke it, actually I added tiny washer under board to straighten ribbon cable as it go to it's connector) - and now if I am trying to tilt camera I hear no any noise - and vibrations are gone completely.
2016-7-17
Use props
WilsoninAtlanta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19062 ft
United States

Shayno Posted at 2016-1-29 11:43
Hey all,

Actually, If it wasnt for this post - I probably would never have found that white foam. A huge thumbs up here! I just got home from my first flight, and noticed that the video was really really shaky which is incredibly strange for a brand new aircraft with a never-before used Gimbal. I was quite worried and it lead me to this forum & I do hope that now that I have removed the foam - it should have fixed it.

Thank you! Thank you! I was even looking for it and didn't see it. I figured it was part of the gimble
2017-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules