1550 35 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Onkel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151381 ft
Germany

Hello,

My Mavic crashed and I have contacted the German support and there offered me 30% discount on the purchase of a new Mavic.
But The German support can't tell me the reason for the crash.

The Mavic was 100m away from me and completely loses the connection and crashes.

The whole story in German language :-)

https://www.drohnen-forum.de/ind ... e-gesucht/?pageNo=2

Before i Invest in the new Mavic, i have to know the Problem for the Crash

Best Regards

2018-8-29
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

please upload your flightrecord, so others can make up their opinion what happend.

link > http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2018-8-29
Use props
Onkel
lvl.1
Germany

JJBspark Posted at 2018-8-29 02:27
Hi,

please upload your flightrecord, so others can make up their opinion what happend.

Hello,

please Check http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/8YB15RJN395R3G4EP6S5/

2018-8-29
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Onkel,

Apart from a GPS mismatch after takeoff noting strange in your log. Take off from your house roof top ??
Flying about 31 meters high, did you have visual contact all the time? If not LOS that`s mayby the reason of the connection loss.

Did it just fell out if the air? Battery inside your MP?

cheers
JJB

2018-8-29
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

From what I believe to see, at the end of the flight it was flying sidewards, thus no obstacle avoidance. It might have crashed into something.
2018-8-29
Use props
Onkel
lvl.1
Germany

JJBspark Posted at 2018-8-29 03:04
Hi Onkel,

Apart from a GPS mismatch after takeoff noting strange in your log. Take off from your house roof top ??

Hello,

From a large terrace on a hill, with a view similar to arena and I always had visual contact.

I can only speculate that the battery has fallen out.

The fact is, I only found the battery.
2018-8-29
Use props
Onkel
lvl.1
Germany

last video, maybe it helps  https://drive.google.com/open?id ... Xs_fdw5DJlpe4noSBjk
2018-8-29
Use props
Onkel
lvl.1
Germany

second Video https://drive.google.com/open?id ... TVZxb4cfVmO-U4gQZLo
2018-8-29
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Onkel Posted at 2018-8-29 03:32
Hello,

From a large terrace on a hill, with a view similar to arena and I always had visual contact.

oke, than your GPS position is not correct, see the google earth map.
Hard to say where the drone flew at the end of this flight.

So where was this terrace ? do you have the LatLon values at takeoff?

But if you only found the battery....don`t think anyone will take away the crashed drone, but take out the batt and leave it there.

cheers
JJB
analysis3.png
2018-8-29
Use props
Onkel
lvl.1
Germany

JJBspark Posted at 2018-8-29 04:54
oke, than your GPS position is not correct, see the google earth map.
Hard to say where the drone flew at the end of this flight.

Hello,

I think the drone lost the battery but how is that possible? 4 minutes and everything was ok, than The crash.

The Terrace:

2018-8-29
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Have you checked the battery if it is swollen on the inside part?
2018-8-29
Use props
Onkel
lvl.1
Germany

yes its swollen, but may have happened from the crash?

2018-8-29
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Onkel Posted at 2018-8-29 05:53
yes its swollen, but may have happened from the crash?

This is a potential cause for the battery to pop out during flight and would explain what has happened. Had you reported the swollen battery to DJI? What I find weird is that you didn't find any remainings of the Mavic but only the battery. They should have "landed" not too far from each other.
2018-8-29
Use props
Onkel
lvl.1
Germany

The German support is so bad, that's why I write in this forum.
2018-8-29
Use props
FntX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158734 ft
Germany

Hier sind schon ein paar Fälle bekannt geworden wo der Akku während des Flugs angeschwollen ist und sich rausgedrückt hat...Das ist also eine mögliche Erklärung. Gerade wenn es sehr warm ist, überhitzt der Akku, bläht sich auf und drückt sich aus der Arretierung.

Wie heiß war es an diesem Tag?
2018-8-29
Use props
Onkel
lvl.1
Germany

Please Check

everything is possible!
2018-8-29
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Onkel Posted at 2018-8-29 05:29
Hello,

I think the drone lost the battery but how is that possible? 4 minutes and everything was ok, than The crash.

oke, language mishap. Your terrace is your home garden

2018-8-29
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-29 06:06
This is a potential cause for the battery to pop out during flight and would explain what has happened. Had you reported the swollen battery to DJI? What I find weird is that you didn't find any remainings of the Mavic but only the battery. They should have "landed" not too far from each other.

I think the finder was shocked when a MP did fall out of the air!, picked it up and took it and/or throw it away!
Guess the batt landed close but was not seen by the person who took the drone.

Not all people like drones, and sure not when they fall out of the sky.

cheers
JJB
2018-8-29
Use props
Onkel
lvl.1
Germany

Hello,

please watch this video than i need your comments/ opinion .
2018-8-29
Use props
Onkel
lvl.1
Germany

The Video
2018-8-29
Use props
Onkel
lvl.1
Germany

The Video

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YccC9KAGVCI3Y6vL1s7gpFbMJXszDZ6f

Sorry for double post!!
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi Onkel, we are sorry about  the accident. Can we have your case number so that we can check the best resolution we can provide. We are here to help.
2018-8-29
Use props
Onkel
lvl.1
Germany

Hi Stephen,

Help sounds good :-)

#1291275   #1313197

Thanks!!!
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Onkel Posted at 2018-8-29 06:22
The German support is so bad, that's why I write in this forum.

Hi Toufik, please accept our apologies for the unpleasant experience. I managed to check your Mavic Pro case using your Forum account. It shows that the Data Analysis result from the flight records you submitted is inconclusive, that's why we can't tell what happened,  we can't tell if the accident was because of a drone malfunction or a pilot error. The record ended while showing that the aircraft was still hovering without any error. Since there's no definite evidence showing that malfunction caused it, warranty service can't be provided. To further assist you, this has been escalated to our Managerial Team. We'll learn from the details for us to improve and provide more professional customer service. We'll contact you soon for the feedback. Hope you understand.
2018-8-29
Use props
Onkel
lvl.1
Germany

Hi Diana,

sorry, that I make you so much stress.
I am also here to help.

if you need more information, let me know.

Thanks for you help!!

2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Onkel Posted at 2018-8-29 15:12
Hi Diana,

sorry, that I make you so much stress.

Hi Onkel, the management will review your case and check if there are better solutions. Appreciate your patience.
2018-8-29
Use props
Onkel
lvl.1
Germany

am 20. August wurden Ihre Fragen schon beantwortet: "Leider konnten wir ohne das Fluggerät physisch zu haben keinen definitiven Grund festlegen. " Anders formuliert: Fragen zur Ursache und Schuld sind ungeklärt, auch wurde Ihnen das bereits mehrfach fernmündlich mitgeteilt.

Sie verwechseln eine Unfallursache mit einen Rabattangebot. 30% ist ein Preisnachlass  auf einen Mavic Pro ohne RC und Ladegerät (899€ UVP), den wir Ihnen anbieten.

Um den Kreis zu brechen befriste ich das Angebot hiermit unser Rabattangebot bis auf den 10. Septemper 2018. Bis dahin können Sie entscheiden ob Sie es annehmen. Dannach verfällt es.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Diana,

this is what I mean, now there limit the Offer and He's putting pressure on me.

2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hello Toufik, I have forwarded this inquiry to the proper department. I will get back to you as soon as possible once I have the information. Thank you for your patience.
2018-8-30
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

Welcome to the world of DJI support. I'm sorry for your loss. If this was a U.S. company our consumer protection laws would have shut them down years ago. I've seen others with complete flight logs showing no pilot error and the results are almost always the same...bend over while we hand you the sand. DJI could care less about what is right and what is wrong. Business ethics isn't in their vocabulary. Search for forums and you'll see what I mean...or wait for a some Yahoo to post the classics like:

1) If you can't afford a fly away you shouldn't be flying drones.

2) I've owned 3 DJI drones and have never had any problems. These guys are my favorite. I love hearing them eat crow a week later.

3) Sorry the most we can do is give you $200 off a refurbished unit that someone else had problems with.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss. It sucks to see a thousand dollars fly away and have no recourse.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

CheckYourSix Posted at 2018-8-30 21:33
Welcome to the world of DJI support. I'm sorry for your loss. If this was a U.S. company our consumer protection laws would have shut them down years ago. I've seen others with complete flight logs showing no pilot error and the results are almost always the same...bend over while we hand you the sand. DJI could care less about what is right and what is wrong. Business ethics isn't in their vocabulary. Search for forums and you'll see what I mean...or wait for a some Yahoo to post the classics like:

1) If you can't afford a fly away you shouldn't be flying drones.

Hi there, all the data analysis is based on the objective logs by our professional data analysis team, we are really sorry that some accident reason cannot be figured out since the data is lost, we will provide the best offer for this situation.
May I know if you have any unpleasant experience with our customer service? Is there anything we can help? I see you posted in several threads like this.
2018-8-30
Use props
Onkel
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-8-30 09:01
Hello Toufik, I have forwarded this inquiry to the proper department. I will get back to you as soon as possible once I have the information. Thank you for your patience.

Hello Diana,

Is there any news?

2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Onkel Posted at 2018-9-3 06:01
Hello Diana,

Is there any news?

Hi Onkel, sorry to have kept you waiting, I checked the case that the 30% off coupon for a Mavic Pro without RC and Charger is the final resolution we could provide, hope you can consider it, thank you.
2018-9-4
Use props
Onkel
lvl.1
Germany

Hello Mindy,

I'm more than disappointed now   .  I was 100%  not my fault :-( !

Can not we agree on a 50% discount?

I've paid € 1200 for the Mavic and now € 600 again, that's really hard  for me.

2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Onkel Posted at 2018-9-4 02:39
Hello Mindy,

I'm more than disappointed now   .  I was 100%  not my fault :-( !

Hi Onkel, I have already checked your case and per DJI Mindy, it appears to be that the result of the analysis is already final, came from the team who conducted the investigation. We completely understand how you feel about the result and we are very sorry about this case is not going to be covered under warranty since there is no product malfunction found. And as a courtesy, we have offered you the 30% off discount for your next purchase that can be used on DJI Online Store. If you accept the offer, please let us know as soon as possible.  Once again, sorry for the unfortunate experience and thank you so much for your understanding.
2018-9-4
Use props
Onkel
lvl.1
Germany

Hi Diana,

I cant understand it and Dji there dont understand me

Can i use the Discount for the New
Mavic?
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Onkel Posted at 2018-9-5 11:16
Hi Diana,

I cant understand it and Dji there dont understand me

Unfortunately, the coupon can only be used to purchase the same model you reported in the case, appreciate your understanding.
2018-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules