4047 64 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RC Geeks had stock in the U.K. Friday, used them before, excellent company to deal with, I have used Heliguy too, also excellent.
2018-9-1
Use props
shazamin91_DJI
lvl.2

However it is very interesting still as Jessops offers 0% interest financing on drones. Pay £500 as deposit and you will only need to pay £33/month for the next 18 months

Just an interesting proposition.

(but i got no jessops nearby me tho for over the counter services)
2018-9-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-9-1 23:11
Would never ever buy from Jessops! They sold me a second hand lens as brand new. Gave loads of excuses and promised to send me a new lens and pick up the other and compensate me.

They never did, crooks!

I found my local shop in Ipswich very good.

Better is John Lewis though because if you get a problem you can take it back like any other product in the shop. It is worth something to me being able to present myself in person to the shop where you bought it

Dennis
2018-9-2
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Would never ever buy from Jessops! They sold me a second hand lens as brand new. Gave loads of excuses and promised to send me a new lens and pick up the other and compensate me.

They never did, crooks!

There's probably a reason they went bust...
2018-9-2
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Another month then according to 1st orders being sent out, availability etc. Always the same with a new DJI product release.
2018-9-2
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

shazamin91_DJI Posted at 2018-8-29 02:32
Yikes!

The 8 weeks delay was an incident for Mavic Pro Platinum as there were a bunch of backlog for the then newly released product.

Contact a few of the main stores in the UK to see when they will be getting / shipping them if you go down the refund route. Knowing what the delivery and availability can be like from past DJI orders, I would have reached out 1st.
2018-9-2
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

shazamin91_DJI Posted at 2018-8-29 05:59
I might opt to that as well. Any local retailer you recommend? It's a good mental stability when the service provider is within reach

Drones Direct from Huddersfield. Used them before and were very good. They have them in as of 7th Sept. If you are in Yorkshire you can pick-up or get it delivered.
2018-9-2
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They never did, crooks!

Agree with this. They are so called experts in disguise. The staff are mostly clueless unless you want top end camera's or lenses. The MeadowHall store definitely measures up to this description. There are loads of better and cheaper drone / quadcopter stores in the UK.
2018-9-2
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

shazamin91_DJI Posted at 2018-9-1 23:17
However it is very interesting still as Jessops offers 0% interest financing on drones. Pay £500 as deposit and you will only need to pay £33/month for the next 18 months  

Both RCGeeks and Heliguy offer 0%, unto 24 months I believe.
2018-9-2
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-9-2 02:37
Agree with this. They are so called experts in disguise. The staff are mostly clueless unless you want top end camera's or lenses. The MeadowHall store definitely measures up to this description. There are loads of better and cheaper drone / quadcopter stores in the UK.

Funnily enough it was a top end lens £600 worth of lens! I won't spend a penny with them after that.
2018-9-2
Use props
shazamin91_DJI
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-9-2 05:32
Funnily enough it was a top end lens £600 worth of lens! I won't spend a penny with them after that.

Based on the time taken for your shipment to arrive, I am assuming that my Zoom will arrive tomorrow (left Shenzhen on Friday).

Been meaning to ask, how is your zoom treating ya?

Any heads up tips?

(totally gonna take pre flight inspection in high detail to detect any scratch or cracks of the AC)
2018-9-3
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>

shazamin91_DJI Posted at 2018-9-3 01:35
Based on the time taken for your shipment to arrive, I am assuming that my Zoom will arrive tomorrow (left Shenzhen on Friday).

Been meaning to ask, how is your zoom treating ya?

Zoom is going OK weather not great here today. No issues with delivery and arrived undamaged.

As far as tips go, fully charge everything, then carry out the firmware updates before activation, so start with the aircraft, power up on its own and carry out the update using the Mavic 2 version of Assistant.

Then do the remote, note assistant has to be running and connected to the remote ‘BEFORE’ you power it up.

Restart everything start up the remote then the aircraft, and start up Go4 and follow the prompts. Totally painless.

If you set the Go App first and set up a DJI account before you start it will make it all run smoothly.

2018-9-3
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

If it left Shenzhen Friday id be amazed if it arrives tomorrow.  Shipments for that day appear to have gone AWOL.

Ive contacted DHL about the lack of updates and got this:-

Please be aware due to the length of time the shipment has not received a scan we need to investigate further.

Please can you confirm the following details to enable me to initiate a trace on this shipment; Shipment contents, pieces, weight, dimensions, (length*width*height) of the package, shipment value and type of packaging?

I apologise for any inconvenience

Obviously details you dont know as you havent seen the package so had to guess.

Its more annoying as people that ordered off DigitalRev on Friday have had packages delivered today already AND got it cheaper than DJI direct.  I only ordered off DJI to "guarantee" i'd get it the fastest way possible.  Won't be making that mistake again!

2018-9-3
Use props
shazamin91_DJI
lvl.2
United Kingdom

To be honest, once i get my Zoom, I wont be upgrading DJI drone for at least 2 years. Hence won't be making this mistake for a while.

Unless they somehow offer a ridiculous deal, then GOD HELP ME

2018-9-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-9-2 00:09
I found my local shop in Ipswich very good.

Better is John Lewis though because if you get a problem you can take it back like any other product in the shop. It is worth something to me being able to present myself in person to the shop where you bought it

And if like all electrical products and previous drones, they give a 24 month warranty.
2018-9-3
Use props
StormerJack
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mine said Departed Facility in SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC last Wednesday and i haven't heard anything since.
2018-9-3
Use props
shazamin91_DJI
lvl.2
United Kingdom

StormerJack Posted at 2018-9-3 04:00
Mine said Departed Facility in SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC last Wednesday and i haven't heard anything since.

Well then that is a bummer. I assume your order includes the fly more combo?

I am getting more and more tempted to ask for a refund and get the drone from Apple, Heliguy, etc
2018-9-3
Use props
Telrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29767 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

StormerJack Posted at 2018-9-3 04:00

Odds are it didn't reach DHL Donnington in time to get split up and sent on through their system on Friday.

Doesn't look like that bit of DHL is working over the weekend, so with luck you'll get an update today and a delivery tomorrow...
2018-9-3
Use props
shazamin91_DJI
lvl.2

No update today it seems this is going to be a long week
2018-9-3
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

No update on mine either.  It looks like they only released last Tuesdays pallets today....

I called DHL and they confirmed the shipments ARE at east midlands and awaiting unpacking then customs.  They said "hopefully" Tuesday but cant guarantee anything as its customs so beyond their control.

In the meantime, people ordering off resellers already have units!
2018-9-3
Use props
shazamin91_DJI
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Do notify here if there is any change to your shipment status..

seems like mine won't be arriving today as well

2018-9-4
Use props
shazamin91_DJI
lvl.2

Finally got my drone after 6 days.
Condition is good except the gimbal cover was not secured and it was dangling around when I first took the drone out of the box.
Attached the waybill for reference..

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 16.14.39.png
2018-9-5
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

shazamin91_DJI Posted at 2018-9-5 07:20
Finally got my drone after 6 days.
Condition is good except the gimbal cover was not secured and it was dangling around when I first took the drone out of the box.
Attached the waybill for reference..

6 Days seems fairly standard it seems to the UK.
2018-9-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can walk into an Apple store and buy one in person today
2018-9-5
Use props
djiuser_gOkSTzSB3raf
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Do not buy from DJI try a local online reseller, I've made the mistake to order a mavic air 2 from DJI 6 days ago ( 5 working ) and still "to be shipped"....on their website was saying 3- 7 working days for delivery. Worst buying experience ever and the customer support replying like robots .
2020-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules