1347 35 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeeDee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366257 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi DJI and m2 owners... can someone tell me if I can 1. Connect m2 to crystaksky with the same fitting used on mpro.. amd 2. Will crystalsky support mavic 2
2018-8-29
Use props
GaryNash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

regarding the mount i havent received my bird yet so I dont know.

But currently the crystalsky is not compatible to the M2P...

I certainly hope crystalsky will be updated, this is a premium product by DJI for DJI drones.  This should have been completed day 1.   along with many other issues I feel like ive wasted my money on this outdated brick.
2018-8-29
Use props
GeeDee
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Disapointing that two prosumer items have not been made compatable.. Outdated brick? Are you referring to cs or m2
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Unfortunately, crystalsky is not supported on your mavic 2. If you have other concern, please let us know. Thanks for your support.   
2018-8-29
Use props
GeeDee
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI ... any udea when cs will work with m2.. thanks
2018-8-29
Use props
GeeDee
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI...when do you think cs will be made compatable... thsnks
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

GeeDee Posted at 2018-8-29 04:14
DJI ... any udea when cs will work with m2.. thanks

We don't have any specific date or any information if CS will be compatible to our Mavic 2. Rest assured that we will keep improving our products to provide you more option when in terms of compatibility. Thanks for your support.
2018-8-29
Use props
fans66488b86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 728235 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you please update the Dji Go 4 app on the Crystal Sky!!? I dont know why you guys didnt do this when everything else was updated! It's the little things that upset people.
2018-8-29
Use props
GeeDee
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

This shows that dji dont care about their customers at all... very disappointing as cs is exactly the sort of equipment you would expext to use with a high end drone
2018-8-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

GaryNash Posted at 2018-8-29 04:11
regarding the mount i havent received my bird yet so I dont know.

But currently the crystalsky is not compatible to the M2P...

I certainly hope crystalsky will be updated, this is                                   a premium product by DJI for DJI drones.  

^supposed to be ^

2018-8-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

or any information if CS will be compatible to our Mavic 2

That does not sound promsiing for Mavic Pro 2 and CrysalSky owners.
2018-8-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

fans66488b86 Posted at 2018-8-29 04:46
Can you please update the Dji Go 4 app on the Crystal Sky!!? I dont know why you guys didnt do this when everything else was updated! It's the little things that upset people.

With launch date delayed by a Month, you would have thought GO-4 & CS would have been ready.
2018-8-29
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

I think they will make it compatible at a later date. Probably soon.

Meanwhile, there is a second controller that will be available to Mavic 2 with built-in 5.5" high brightness screen display.
2018-8-29
Use props
fans6545ef2b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 190 ft
United States

It may be marketing. DJI supposedly has an aftermarket controller being tested that incorporates a screen. This might be nice but will be mother purchase. .  Someone mentioned there is a patent pending possibly on this device.
2018-8-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-29 04:14
Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Unfortunately, crystalsky is not supported on your mavic 2. If you have other concern, please let us know. Thanks for your support.

When you say not supported, is it ever going to be supported ?
2018-8-29
Use props
fans66488b86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The Crystal Sky better be supported! And soon!
2018-8-29
Use props
fans66488b86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Can you just download the newest version of the dji app on an apk file and install it on the Crystal Sky?
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-29 06:04
When you say not supported, is it ever going to be supported ?

I will coordinate with our R & D engineers  to check if this will be possible in the near future. I will notify you as soon as possible when I receive a response from them . Thanks for your support.
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans66488b86 Posted at 2018-8-29 04:46
Can you please update the Dji Go 4 app on the Crystal Sky!!? I dont know why you guys didnt do this when everything else was updated! It's the little things that upset people.

Sorry for the inconvenience. This concern is already forwarded to our engineers and I will notify you if I already have the answer. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-8-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-29 06:38
I will coordinate with our R & D engineers  to check if this will be possible in the near future. I will notify you as soon as possible when I receive a response from them . Thanks for your support.

Thank you, I believe there are plans a foot for new RC with screen, but I think it would be fair to all users to know one way or another if CS will be compatible with M2 .
2018-8-29
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

fans66488b86 Posted at 2018-8-29 06:19
Can you just download the newest version of the dji app on an apk file and install it on the Crystal Sky?

You might be able to side-load the apk.  I personally don't want to do anything to void the warranty on my CS.  I will use my iPad mini for the meantime.
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-29 06:43
Thank you, I believe there are plans a foot for new RC with screen, but I think it would be fair to all users to know one way or another if CS will be compatible with M2 .

As per them, there's a chance that it will be supported in the near future but I can't promise anything yet when or if it is really possible. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-8-29
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Wouldn't surprise me if a Crystal Sky 2 is coming out.
2018-8-29
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-29 07:57
Wouldn't surprise me if a Crystal Sky 2 is coming out.

Wonder if they are going to call the new remote with screen that. . .
2018-8-29
Use props
fans66488b86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

has anyone tried to download an APK file to CS to see if it works with the Mavic 2?
2018-8-29
Use props
Raw1261
lvl.2
United States

Well I had a CS in my shopping cart. It after reading all this I’m deleting it out. Guess I’ll see how this all shakes out
2018-8-29
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

Raw1261@mac.com Posted at 2018-8-29 09:45
Well I had a CS in my shopping cart. It after reading all this I’m deleting it out. Guess I’ll see how this all shakes out

Good timing!
2018-8-29
Use props
flydav
lvl.3
Flight distance : 184226 ft
Italy

Wow! I was about to get the CS along with the M2P next October when I come back to NY! I'm really surprised and disappointed that DJI can't tell us whether they are working to update the CS or to wait for something else.  You know what? I'm going to hold on the M2P purchase until I know that I can get a dedicated screen for it.
2018-8-29
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-8-29 08:23
Wonder if they are going to call the new remote with screen that. . .

Never know about DJI. You may very well be right.
2018-8-29
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

May I kindly ask why my post has been deleted? I understand that some statements or opinions may be inconvenient for DJI but I always thought this is an open forum where different views are accepted if posted in a decent way. I always tried to follow this rule. If the admin responsible for that is of different opinion, I kindly ask for an explanation. My post which is still shown in my history was #22 in this thread. If the post disappeared for other reasons, please let me know. I then apologize for my suspect.
2018-8-29
Use props
Auspete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I've been trying to get an answer to this too. I understand that there needs to be a software update to the Crystal Sky/Mavic 2 for them to work.
But before I buy a Mavic 2 I want to know if the official DJI Crystal Sky mount for the original Mavic Pro will fit the new Mavic 2 Pro Remote Control or does it have the same problem as the Mavic Air remote control.  (I don't want to have to buy a diiferent mount or modify the RC.

UPDATE:- Just read other posts on this. Well I guess DJI wont be getting my money for a Mavic 2
2018-8-29
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Auspete Posted at 2018-8-29 15:35
I've been trying to get an answer to this too. I understand that there needs to be a software update to the Crystal Sky/Mavic 2 for them to work.
But before I buy a Mavic 2 I want to know if the official DJI Crystal Sky mount for the original Mavic Pro will fit the new Mavic 2 Pro Remote Control or does it have the same problem as the Mavic Air remote control.  (I don't want to have to buy a diiferent mount or modify the RC.

No definitely not! I tried this morning on my new M2P. The slots in the mobile holders have a smaller distance. Only by unfolding the holders to a certain gap you can force it in. But I wouldn't recommend that. It turns out to be mechanical unstable and results in an wobbly handling. Prepare for a new mount.
2018-8-29
Use props
GeeDee
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Thank you DJIPaladin for coordinating with the engineers.... please tell them that your existing customers have spent a lot of money on crystalsky because they thouiht it will compatable with all premium dji products and will be very unhappy if it is not compatibkw with mavic 2
2018-8-29
Use props
ibdunn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1633406 ft
  • >>>
United States

I join the other upset consumers - my Crystal Sky is a relatively new purchase  - I just bought a Mavic Zoom and a Pro - never thinking for a second that the official DJI Display wouldn't be compatible!!  This is beyond disappointing!  The Crystal Sky is my go to display because of great battery life and display - -my drones arrive tomorrow and now I'm stuck with the ipad - sure it works but this is a real disappointment to the DJI brand ..!!!  I know you've addressed this already -but PLEASE PLEASE fix this issue!!  The Crystal Sky is a premium product and should not be outdated so soon
2018-8-29
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

Strange that DJI would not just come out and state, support for CS will come in a future firmware or not.  The P4 Vr 2.0 took about 35 days before it was supported with current CS.  

DJI has end of life'd the MPP and MP, they have not announced a new CS so I can't see them not supporting it.  Not sure how long it took support to arrive for Mavic Air.

Remember the version of Android OS on the CS is "unique" to the monitor, not the same version on the phones.  So DJI can roll out an update for Android (phones) but it will not work on the CS.  This is made clear in the CS FAQ under DJI's own literature.  

As a CS owner and frequent user on MPP, I can only hope that DJI gets around to adding the new drones.

I also totally agree that as both the drone and CS are DJI products, and the CS is a "flagship" product unique only to DJI, and only really works with DJI, that not having support available at announce is a big oversight, but they also did the same with P4 VR 2.0.

Paul C
2018-9-1
Use props
Sky Lens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 546273 ft
  • >>>

I just bought a brand new CS 7.85" Ultra. DJI better make it compatible and soon with the M2P and M2PZ.
I also bought the CS mounting device thinking it would be compatible with the M2P. Imagine my surprised when it was not.
All DJI has to do is put a note on the website to warn customers. This is basic.It would be nice also to make Cendence compatible with the M2P/M2PZ.
Anyone listening at DJI?
2018-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules