2003 38 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Single SelectVote, Total 238 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

2.94% (7)
15.97% (38)
18.49% (44)
20.59% (49)
23.95% (57)
12.18% (29)
3.78% (9)
2.10% (5)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-8-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Just wondering who’s buying and flying new M2 Pro / Zoom , feel free to say why you choose M2.

It’s my 10 th dji drone , wife says I have to many toys, my only worry with that is, if I die and my wife sells them for the price I told her I payed for them. Lol
2018-8-29
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

I love my OSMO Pro with Zenmuse x5.  It gives me the flexibility to adjust the aperture, speed, and ISO.  I'm slowly learning and am really enjoying myself.

Since I found out that the M2P has an adjustable aperture, I wanted to add it to my collection.  One for the ground and one for the air.  Plus, I really like the larger sensor.  The images/videos are truly amazing.
2018-8-29
Use props
RickC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

I am 38 years old...  Since back before the Mavic even came out I loved the drones but was more of an observer. One day I was in my backyard with the fire pit going and hear what sounded like a swarm of bees. I looked up and there was a Phantom flying overhead slowly and then it was gone. At that moment I was like "duuude, I have to have one of these".. So I got the Mavic Pro on a whim. I love photography so then I got the Phantom 4 Advanced for the better camera.... Then I changed hobbies and got big in to long range shooting. I wasn't using the drones so I sold them both and immediately regretted selling the Mavic.  Went and purchased a new mavic.. Since that time I've owned 3 other Mavic Pro's as well (I crashed).

I always said how it would be awesome if they could take the camera off the Phantom 4 Advanced/Pro and put it on a Mavic that folds.. Along comes the M2P which was pretty close and so of course I had to get the M2P. Sold one Mavic Pro and kept the other so that I could use it as a backup.  My goal is still to some day be able to get an Inspire with at least a Zenmuse X5
2018-8-29
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

I really love my X5.  I am currently saving up for Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 12mm f/2.0 Lens.  The DJI lens doesn't have zoom capability.
2018-8-29
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

M2 Pro for me.

I wonder why the M2 does not show up under my name?
2018-8-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Glenn Goodlett Posted at 2018-8-29 08:34
M2 Pro for me.

Maybe try signing out then back in..
2018-8-29
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-29 07:25
Just wondering who’s buying and flying new M2 Pro / Zoom , feel free to say why you choose M2.

It’s my 10 th dji drone , wife says I have to many toys, my only worry with that is, if I die and my wife sells them for the price I told her I payed for them. Lol

so if you're anything like me, she is going to take about a 50% loss...

and just for reference, there is no such thing as too many toys...
2018-8-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

M2 Pro for me.

Maybe try signing out then back in..
2018-8-29
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

Suddenly a bunch of stuff showed up. I have not been here in a while, maybe that's why.
2018-8-29
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I chose the Pro for the Hasselhoff / 1" sensor.

This will make my 14th drone. (I got rid of 12 of them!!)
I keep the fleet small, just keep turning them over.

2018-8-29
Use props
Anthony90
lvl.3
Flight distance : 761519 ft
Australia

I fly to P4P V2 However the M2 Pro has better image quality and can be packed away easily for shoots. Im on planes alot and although the P4 is still not too big, being able to have the M2 Pro in a camera bag with everything else is one less back I have to worry about .Quality in a portable size did it for me.
2018-8-29
Use props
chiplifter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

It’s my 10 th dji drone , wife says I have to many toys, my only worry with that is, if I die and my wife sells them for the price I told her I payed for them. Lol

Wow, serious collector.
2018-8-30
Use props
Elanor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 332405 ft
Italy

As I said in another post, I've bought the M2P right after the launch. I've owned a P4P for a while and I really love it. The only downside for me is the size. Since I do a lot of travel and landscape photography, P4P was adding more weight and a lot more volume to my - already cumbersome - photographic equipment.
So after seeing the new camera specs of the new M2P I've decided to take the plunge and ordered it. The 1-inch sensor for me is a must. Compared with the P4P it doesn't have a mechanical shutter, which isn't a big problem for me, considering the advantage of reducing the overall size of the drone plus its accessories (one backpack vs a reasonably small bag).
I received the drone yesterday and I'm planning to do my first test flight tomorrow - unfortunately, work is getting in the middle of the important things.

Since I haven't flown the drone yet, I can only comment on a few things. I love the controller, it feels great in my hands and I was pleasantly surprised by its ergonomics since I thought its small size could be a disadvantage. I don't like the thing about putting my iPhone in the controller with no case. I will probably buy an aftermarket holder for my iPad Mini since I still prefer a bigger screen. I would love to have a strap on the controller, especially if I'm going to use the iPad.

What I'm really disappointed is that I cannot choose ATTI mode. I fly now and then with ATTI mode, just to practice an emergency situation in which the GPS signal is lost. With P4P I spend quite some time learning to fly the drone in ATTI, doing circles, eight figures and so on. Now with M2P, I was just hoping, from time to time, to brush up my ATTI skills and be prepared in case GPS fails me. Last year being able to control it in ATTI saved my drone while I was flying on a fjord in Norway in a fairly windy day. Had I not know how to control it, I would have panicked and the drone might have disappeared and fallen in the sea at some point.
BTW sorry for my bad English, I know my use of conditional is dreadful - among other things - but I hope you get my point at least!
2018-8-30
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Elanor Posted at 2018-8-30 01:56
As I said in another post, I've bought the M2P right after the launch. I've owned a P4P for a while and I really love it. The only downside for me is the size. Since I do a lot of travel and landscape photography, P4P was adding more weight and a lot more volume to my - already cumbersome - photographic equipment.
So after seeing the new camera specs of the new M2P I've decided to take the plunge and ordered it. The 1-inch sensor for me is a must. Compared with the P4P it doesn't have a mechanical shutter, which isn't a big problem for me, considering the advantage of reducing the overall size of the drone plus its accessories (one backpack vs a reasonably small bag).
I received the drone yesterday and I'm planning to do my first test flight tomorrow - unfortunately, work is getting in the middle of the important things.

Your English is excellent - and agree about gaining good flying skills by using ATTI mode.
2018-8-30
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-8-29 17:04
I chose the Pro for the Hasselhoff / 1" sensor.

This will make my 14th drone. (I got rid of 12 of them!!)

Hasselhoff?!?!?! Ah, so you highly value something that you even not know how it's called?
2018-8-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-8-30 07:32
Hasselhoff?!?!?! Ah, so you highly value something that you even not know how it's called?

I think it’s  a play on words, (hassle of ) having 1” sensor
2018-8-30
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

It's a joke dude.

Remember Knight rider?

a49.jpg
2018-8-30
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

M2 Pro for me.

Dude. It is the first picture. Click on it and you will it!
2018-8-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

chiplifter Posted at 2018-8-30 00:00
Wow, serious collector.

I know, need to shift some to make more room.
2018-8-31
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>

It's really good at taking beach photos like the ones in Bay Watch.
2018-9-4
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>

The M2P is my 6th drone. The biggest reason I got it was the Hasselblad camera. As a photographer, I've wanted a Hasselblad camera for a long time. This is probably my only chance to ever own one.
2018-9-4
Use props
bobby bee
lvl.1

Canada

I will be 56 in December and I also retire in December.  This is my 6th drone if you count the small ones for $25?  I just ordered the MP2.  I hope to get hours of fun flying and hours of pain learning how to edit video.  Maybe I should start learning on the videos I have taken with my GoPro while snorkeling?
2018-9-4
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

46 here and I just put in my order for the M2pro and it will be my 6th DJI drone.  my 4th one was an Inspire 1.
2018-9-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-9-6 19:52
46 here and I just put in my order for the M2pro and it will be my 6th DJI drone.  my 4th one was an Inspire 1.

I definitely had you down for one sooner rather than later. Having experienced most dji drones it will be interesting how you compare.
2018-9-7
Use props
ArtuRRo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Was looking for a drone for some time now, almost all reviews of dji mavic was good so decided to get one, mavic 2 pro is on its way
2018-9-7
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-7 01:51
I definitely had you down for one sooner rather than later. Having experienced most dji drones it will be interesting how you compare.

All I had to do was hit send, but I decided to wait.  Now I can't wait for it to arrive.
2018-9-7
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

53 years of age. Purchased the Mavic Pro 2 mainly for the new camera and avoidance features, still have a Mavic Pro first ten and a Phantom 4 first gen and originally had an Inspire 1 but have since sold that bird. Although not related but I also still use my DJI Osmo a fair bit of the time. I really like DJI products
2018-9-9
Use props
Buckeye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29931 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will be 65 in October. Bought the P4P+ a year ago and now looking for something a little more portable. My M2P is suppose to be delivered tomorrow.
2018-9-9
Use props
DroneNinja117
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

I'm in the second category but its interesting to see most being in the 6th, which actually is a good thing...
2018-9-10
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
Netherlands

Demographics is probably due to disposable 'folding'. ;-)
2018-9-11
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I would guess most owners are 51-60, because at the current price points anyone younger will just choose to spend less but buy a comparable performing drone. People older are more inclined to already own the Mavic Pro but want to purchase an additional hobby drone.
2018-9-11
Use props
THE PHANTOM 4 OF THE LOVE SHACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602215 ft
  • >>>

67 in a couple months.  Love the hobby.  Have Spark, Phantom 4, Mavic Pro, Mavic Air, Mavic 2 Pro, DJI White Goggles.  M2P takes awesome photos / video.
2018-9-11
Use props
Duncandonut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

Bought my M2P for the 1” sensor. Love flying it as it is so much more stable than the MP. Still have my MP and Spark as the MP is still a damned good drone. The Spark is insanely fun to fly. However due to its very limited range I don’t fly it much.
2018-9-11
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's why I tell my wife I'm going to outlive her.  
2018-9-12
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-9-12 12:24
That's why I tell my wife I'm going to outlive her.

I'd rather have the Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro outlive me.
2018-9-13
Use props
fansf01350bb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 174731 ft
Italy

57 and I recently bought a M2Zoom. My first drone.
2018-9-14
Use props
AggieRC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1118091 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

38, and I've a zoom in hand and a pro on its way to me.

I started flying drones from the racing / freestyle end, then a chance purchase of a discounted spark got me hooked on these DJI aircraft. I wanted the zoom for some things and that ludicrous camera for others, but in a form factor I could afford to own, run, and replace if anything dire ever happened to it, so a pair of M2s was the inevitable result
2018-9-15
Use props
SiDo
lvl.1

Upgrading from P3 Std.

We travel A LOT,... and my wife has been nagging me about drone photos from trips.  She wanted an "AIR", but went for the upsell!

2018-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules