Mavic Pro
937 6 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Atlas_Aus
lvl.4

Thailand

Hi all,

Just started out in last couple of weeks with mvic air, but last week was given mavic pro to play with also... Very different... Anyway tonight I was loooking at some Pro videos and some had the plastic bubble over the gimble, others didn't. There is also a rubber cap I assume goes under the plastic bubble for storage.

Could you please confirm which is corect.

TIA

2018-8-29
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221476 ft
United Kingdom

Don't fly it with the "plastic bubble" it's just a gimbal and camera protector, it'll fly with it but the picture quality will be bad and restricts air flow.
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching DJI forum. Leaving the Gimbal Cover on during flight isn’t necessarily a mistake, depending on what you want to do. Leaving the cover on during flight will make sure your Mavic’s gimbal camera is protected from the elements, such as dust or water. It will give you an extra level of protection if you’re concerned about something hitting it. So if you just plan on exploring your area or zooming around (safely) in Sport mode, you can leave it on. It won’t affect gimbal or flight performance.But, if you want the best image quality, possible, it’s a good idea to remove the cover. For example, leaving the Gimbal Cover on makes it more likely that you’ll get lens flare, and your shots may not look clean if the cover is dirty.
2018-8-29
Use props
Far_North
lvl.4
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Chasing Light & Shadows Posted at 2018-8-29 07:50
Don't fly it with the "plastic bubble" it's just a gimbal and camera protector, it'll fly with it but the picture quality will be bad and restricts air flow.

Your correct in that the gimbal bubble reduces image and video quality but it is perfectly OK to fly with the gimbal bubble on if that is the operators preference.  It will not cause over heating or any other negative performance issues other than image quality.
2018-8-29
Use props
Lonesome Crow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would not fly with it on.  Blocks the vents for the air to get inside of the electronics.
2018-8-29
Use props
Atlas_Aus
lvl.4

Thailand

Thanks all for the feedback... I have been flying without it on, was just curious as I did notice on in some tutorial videos.
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Atlas_Aus Posted at 2018-8-29 21:46
Thanks all for the feedback... I have been flying without it on, was just curious as I did notice on in some tutorial videos.

Please keep us posted in any case you have other concerns. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules