Mavic 2 Pro can't import into Premiere Pro
15919 16 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MiamiPhoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 630 ft

Hi!

I have a new Mavic 2 Pro. I shot some video in H265 Mov format. I can't import the raw video into Premiere Pro. It needs conversion it looks like. What can I do? Please help!!!

2018-8-29
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

I was running an older version of Final Cut Pro.  I had to upgrade to the latest version to support HEVC (H.265).  Once I upgraded I was able to import them.

I would check your version of Premiere and see if you can upgrade to their latest version that supports it.
2018-8-29
Use props
AForceOne
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7724367 ft
United States

Unfortunately the "lovely" Adobe supports it only on their newer versions and have not updated the old ones to support this codec. The only option is to shoot in 264 , upgrade Adobe, find another editor that supports 265. If anyone has a way to make the older Adobe products support 265, let us know!
2018-8-29
Use props
MiamiPhoto
lvl.1

woow!!! Is there any converter for it?
2018-8-29
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

On my proper PC premiere i loaded the tomstechtime videos into it and it prompted me to update the H265 codec (which i then did) and it worked.  So you might need to update a codec.

Theres also a free h265 codec for playback in the windows store.
2018-8-29
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

..and this is why I jumped Adobe's ship.  You can use an older version and be put in this situation.. OR, pay a subscription so you have the latest and greatest...
2018-8-29
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

To be fair, you can't really blame them for not supporting a codec in a version of the software produced before the format existed.
I hate the subscription model too but unfortunately they're still the only game in town (and Adobe Stock are giving it away free as well which is nice!)
2018-8-29
Use props
janidiver
lvl.3
Croatia

Hi I have no problem with premiere pro but I dont use Mov container . Try it with MP4 container. Both are the same in quality MP4 is for WINDOWS and Mov Apple OS or Final Cut.
2018-8-29
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-29 10:48
To be fair, you can't really blame them for not supporting a codec in a version of the software produced before the format existed.
I hate the subscription model too but unfortunately they're still the only game in town (and Adobe Stock are giving it away free as well which is nice!)

I'm not blaming them for supporting a future codec with their current version.

If memory serves correctly, I don't think you can simply purchase a license/version moving forward.  You either use an older version, or you pay the subscription for the latest.  (I could be wrong. It's been a few years since I used Premier.)
2018-8-29
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Correct, for PS/LR/Premiere there is no standalone option.  They officially orphaned lightroom 6 last year.  Its a very irritating model and one most companies have moved to because it earns them more money.
2018-8-29
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

It makes perfect business sense, but not sensible for the users.. :/  Adobe Premier can't be the only Windows editor out there. . . (Or is it?)  The only subscription model I actually like is Office365 personal.  I have the latest/greatest version of Office suite, plus 1TB of online storage for $69.00.  My drive was for the online storage.  Having the latest Office is a plus..
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to use SD card and import it via PC or laptop? If you have further question, please let me know. Thank you
2018-8-29
Use props
MiamiPhoto
lvl.1

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-29 14:22
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to use SD card and import it via PC or laptop? If you have further question, please let me know. Thank you

It has nothing to do the way I import them. It is the codec Adobe Premiere doesn't have.
2018-8-29
Use props
Novadesigns
lvl.2

When I imported h265 for the first time Premiere prompted me to download and install the required codec... if you are using Premiere Pro CC 2018 you should have the same function... if not, try the Adobe support forums and they might be able to point you to a download location. But the codec is available.
2018-8-29
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

Novadesigns Posted at 2018-8-29 14:44
When I imported h265 for the first time Premiere prompted me to download and install the required codec... if you are using Premiere Pro CC 2018 you should have the same function... if not, try the Adobe support forums and they might be able to point you to a download location. But the codec is available.

I believe the OP is running an older version of Premiere and is not on a subscription. . That would be cool if they can download/install the codec on an older version.
2018-8-29
Use props
Rejabis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820108 ft
United States

Get media composer
2018-8-31
Use props
Kuddi Smith
New

Hong Kong

Gnerally, licensed Adobe Creative Cloud members can use HEVC codec. If you failed to import hevc into Premiere pro, below are 3 possible solutions for reference:

You can try the following method:

Method 1: Uninstall and then re-install Premiere Pro,

Open adobe premiere, enter your licence.
Import your HEVC-encoded video into Adobe Premiere Pro, and then you may receive a prompt as shown in the picture. (Some users might not get this message.)
Click OK to perform HEVC codec installing.
Restart your computer.
Once done, Adobe Premiere Pro should be able to import your HEVC footage without popping up codec missing error. However, not everyone can install HEVC codec successfully.

And, the import error may still persist even if you have managed to install HEVC codec. What's more, installing new codec may cause new problems. It may lead to codec conflict and failure of reading some files.

Method 2: Upgrade your Adobe Premiere Pro

Adobe Premiere Pro extends the support for HEVC files with the release of Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015.1, but doesn't support QuickTime (MOV) wrapped HEVC files until the arrival of Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 (12.0.1). Therefore, if you need to import HEVC files in MOV format, may be from your iPhone, into Adobe Premiere Pro, make sure you're using version 12.0.1 or later.

Method 3. - Transcode HEVC to Premiere pro more editing-friendly format like MPEG-2, WMV, H.264

If you are still unable to import HEVC-encoded files into Adobe Premiere Pro CC after upgrading, it may be because your HEVC files use variable framerate (VFR). Although Premiere Pro had an update to support VFR, it still can't deal with most of VFR videos. You need to convert your videos from variable framerate to constant framerate using a converter, such as easefab video converter ( this is what I'm using these past serveral yeras, worked well and has no problem for converting video to premiere). This probably solves your problem.You can also take a try at free tools such Handbrake, FFmpeg to do the conversion task.

As mentioned above, HEVC was first added to the supported native video formats with the release of Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015.1 update. Nevertheless, importing HEVC files into Premiere Pro is still a headache problem. Let's not to say some 10-bit HEVC videos shot in DLOG-M. Then, transcoding HEVC files becomes a highly recommended method, especially if your files are in 4K HEVC and you don't have a high-end computer.
2020-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules