Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Shipping back or other ideas
3518 23 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft

Hello So I’m ready to ship back my P4 again for repairs to the vps system and gimbal system. But want to make sure there’s no more ideas on repairing unit before I ship.
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced. May I ask first what seems to be the problem regarding with the VPS and Gimbal system? can you provide more information for us to try if there still possible troubleshooting? Thanks!
2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-29 15:12
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced. May I ask first what seems to be the problem regarding with the VPS and Gimbal system? can you provide more information for us to try if there still possible troubleshooting? Thanks!

I would love to but I’m tired of going back and fourth with different DJI reps. No offense intended. I purchased this P4 on 7/25/2018 from your DJI online site it is a refurbished unit. I just got it back from your repair center this past Monday 3 days ago. And although you guys did a great job with the defective charger cord and bad RC Wanda I think that’s who said she looked up my order I found that you were not able to replicate the vps issue. BUT I’ve been going back and fourth with several of your reps with multiple ideas on fixes and nothing works. I’m exhausted and upset. I already have a label for return.  I’ve done EVERY calibration you all have asked me to do with no results.... if you would please go into the forum and look around you’ll find my posts and pics from day 2 of trying to do in-house repairs. I’ve replied several times yesterday and today on the forum with no one replying that’s why I went to this part of the forum or site. I just got done trying to fly said P4ac and although the gimbal seems to be working now better then it was the downward VPs system is still failing and red lights stay on and ac starts drifting around. This time I got more screen shots but was using a different device so tomorrow I will upload those pics and send them to whom ever . I emailed them to my work . I will put in the box the pics of the issue. All you have to do is fly it for just a few mins and the warning will pop up and if you power down the ac and back on kind of like you would if you put a fresh battery in that’s when the gimbal goes limp sometimes. Then I have to let sit for 30mins before the gimbal starts working again. Thanks for your reply . Ttul
2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

Those are the pics. Of today’s issue. All of them but the downward sensor one seem to clear up after a shut down and back on. The vps warning DOES not go away . Please oh please let me send it back for repairs before my warranty time runs out. This has been a issue from day 2 of flying. And everything has been recorded in your forum site. All the issues and attempted fixes. I will get back to you tomorrow. It’s my bed time for I’m at work at 3am... Thanks again. Ttul....
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-29 17:01
Those are the pics. Of today’s issue. All of them but the downward sensor one seem to clear up after a shut down and back on. The vps warning DOES not go away . Please oh please let me send it back for repairs before my warranty time runs out. This has been a issue from day 2 of flying. And everything has been recorded in your forum site. All the issues and attempted fixes. I will get back to you tomorrow. It’s my bed time for I’m at work at 3am... Thanks again. Ttul....

Hi Reds2tall55, we've read your previous post and very sorry for the inconvenience. This case has been forwarded to the management to check, they will review and contact you during the working time soon. Appreciate your patience.
2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-29 19:21
Hi Reds2tall55, we've read your previous post and very sorry for the inconvenience. This case has been forwarded to the management to check, they will review and contact you during the working time soon. Appreciate your patience.

I'm going to go ahead with the mailing back thing.. I will drop it off at UPS on my way home today from work. It is boxed up and labeled with the return label i was sent. Question ! Should i send everything back or just the AC and RC and battery and blades/pros??? Or just the AC and RC ?
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Reds2tall55, I am sorry to know the issue that you are having with your DJI Phantom 4. You may only send the Drone itself for us to assess the issue further. If you have any other concerns please feel free to contact DJI support for us to help you further. Thank you.
2018-8-30
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

So I've not heard back yet and i do realize i'm not the only customer your dealing with BUT i would like to hear something??? As you can see I and or WE have been dealing with this issue since 7/26/2018 or 7/28/2018 . I say this because i honestly cant recall seeing VPS warning on the first flight as i was very busy keeping a eye on my ac ... But the very next flight the warning popped up. So that's when i got started on your forum and was told to try different take off and landing spots, try different tablets/ipads and cords and refresh FW and update FW and download and use Assistant 2 and calibrate VPS via Assistant 2 the Dot screen thing. restore factory setting/ calibrate IMU/Compass/ gimbal. Uninstall Go 4 app and all cookies and info pertaining to app. Install fresh Go 4 app . I went out and BOUGHT a brand new Ipad 9.7 and installed the Go 4 app on it and that's the only use for that ipad is the P4 . I tried using my Note 7 samsung phone I tried samsung tablet BRAND NEW FROM store . I've changed places were i take off from i've changed time of day. I've uploaded and downloaded Assistant 2 on 4 different computers ... My work pc my house pc my buddies apple pc and a laptop and everyone of them i downloaded the Go 4 app fresh. AND everytime i get same results... All one has to do is fly the AC within a 30 ft radius and up to 80 feet and hover around for about 5 mins and the VPS waring will pop up. and although the gimbal did not go limp yesterday i would really like that to be looked at please. If you power down the ac and then back on like a reboot the gimbal will go limp maybe not every time but it did for me. I would just like a P4 of what ever version that works like my V2.0 this ac is awesome... right from the box no issues as of this moment i love this bird and this is why i so want the bird in question to get fixed please because i want my wife to fly with me so we can have some fun before her cancer gets to bad... So please let me send it back so someone can repair or replace it with one that works. I really don't even care what it looks like as long as its a P4 or equal and it flies and gimbal works and VPS works. Hell it could even have scratches on it .. I just want to fly with my honey before she goes.. away ! Thank you for your time... Hope to hear back soon. God bless and have a wonderful day !
2018-8-30
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-8-30 08:25
Hi Reds2tall55, I am sorry to know the issue that you are having with your DJI Phantom 4. You may only send the Drone itself for us to assess the issue further. If you have any other concerns please feel free to contact DJI support for us to help you further. Thank you.

So just the AC ...?? You dont want the battery or blades or RC Right.. Just the AC only ?
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hi Reds2tall55, All you need to send is the Aircraft alone. You do not need to send the battery or the propellers. Thank you.
2018-8-30
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-8-30 09:42
Hi Reds2tall55, All you need to send is the Aircraft alone. You do not need to send the battery or the propellers. Thank you.

Thank you for your prompt reply. Have a wonderful day !
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

You are welcome. If you have any other  concerns please feel free to contact DJI Support for us to help you further.
2018-8-30
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-8-30 09:51
You are welcome. If you have any other  concerns please feel free to contact DJI Support for us to help you further.

One more question please ? If the repair techs were no able to replicate the downward VPS warning last time. And now its back for the same reason... will they fly it long enough to give said ac time to pop up the vps warning.? Or do they fly them or just hook them up to some kind of device that simulates flying??  I guess i'll just play the wait and see game. Thanks again !
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-30 11:02
One more question please ? If the repair techs were no able to replicate the downward VPS warning last time. And now its back for the same reason... will they fly it long enough to give said ac time to pop up the vps warning.? Or do they fly them or just hook them up to some kind of device that simulates flying??  I guess i'll just play the wait and see game. Thanks again !

Thank you for the additional inquiry. Rest assured that the Drone that you will be sending us will be tested and assessed  thoroughly before sending it back to you.
2018-8-30
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-8-30 11:34
Thank you for the additional inquiry. Rest assured that the Drone that you will be sending us will be tested and assessed  thoroughly before sending it back to you.

Thank you so very much! Have a wonderful rest of your day
2018-8-30
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-8-30 11:34

I forgot one more thing about the P4 that is going back for repairs... It has a terrible vibration when landing TERRIBLE ! It wiggles so bad that it moves around while shutting down the motors .....
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-31 02:49
I forgot one more thing about the P4 that is going back for repairs... It has a terrible vibration when landing TERRIBLE ! It wiggles so bad that it moves around while shutting down the motors .....

Hello, Reds2tall55. Good day and thank you for that additional information. Our repair team will surely look into that issue as well.
2018-8-31
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-8-31 08:10
Hello, Reds2tall55. Good day and thank you for that additional information. Our repair team will surely look into that issue as well.

I have a question for you can you help?
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-31 16:17
I have a question for you can you help?

Reds2tall55, is there anything else we can help?
2018-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules