Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flight Simulator for the Phantom 2 Vision Plus
12Next >
42073 46 2014-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rickrk69
New

United States

Hello all,

What is the best Flight Simulator for the Phantom 2 Vision Plus? Should I find one that will allow me to use the Phantom controller?

I understand a couple flight sims have their own controller, I suppose if the controls and movements are the same the controller shape/size shouldn't matter?

I'd prefer to spend less than $200.00 if possible, preferably much less..<g>.

Thanks in advance!

Rick

2014-11-4
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

No amount of simulation will prepare you for the reality or the thrill or sheer excitement of actual flight.

My advice,  spend a quarter of that on a small trainer quadcopter that you wont be afraid to crash and kill.... or take the plunge and learn in style....

Choose wisely.....
2014-11-4
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Riddle me this Batman -- why does DJI put a "Trainer Port" on the back of their new and updated Controllers but they don't provide ANY software, suggestions or recommendations on what to plug into that little hole?
2014-11-4
Use props
LenCO
New

United States

Lightbridge compatibility?

2014-11-5
Use props
rethuringer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

Most all R/C aircraft radios have trainer ports, thats how i learned to fly. A trainer cord is plugged in between 2 radios, one being the pilot and the other being the student. the pilots radio is hot (turned on) and students is off. the pilot has control of aircraft until he flips the trainer switch which makes the sticks live on the students radio. If the student gets into trouble, the pilot releases trainer switch and takes control. student graduates to pilot status when they can takeoff, fly instructed maneuvers and land several times without the pilot having to take over. These ports also serve to connect to a PC via special cable to flight sims so you can use your own transmitter. Not sure what DJI has intended for this new port but I expect we will find out soon. For flight sims, Great Planes "Real Flight" is the top dog of simms. i see the new V7.5 has quads (DJI pictured in their ads) and come in 4 options for radio connections. Flight sims are a great source of training especially if you want to fly in manual mode. I learned to fly R/C helicopters on a sim and still use to keep skills up when not flying. The big thing to overcome is when you go out to fly the bird for real, nerves take over, If/when you crash there is no "RESET" and try again but "REBUILD" before you can fly again. Flight simm has saved me a lot of $$$ in helicopter parts, even a minor crash can cost $100+. those spinning rotors have a lot of inertia and stuff gets tore up when they touch the ground. if you want to fly manual mode, get a simm or like other poster said, get a cheap Quad to practice on. The up side with having a simm is you have hundreds of aircraft you can choose to fly and many levels of difficulty to choose from.
2014-11-6
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would love a DJI sim for mine , so I can sit at home on those days you can't get out due to bad weather
2014-11-6
Use props
rethuringer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

uptowndisco@hot Posted at 2014-11-6 21:46
I would love a DJI sim for mine , so I can sit at home on those days you can't get out due to bad we ...

It's unclear if DJI is developing a simm or just the means to connect TX to other simm programs out there. The port allows connection to PC through special USB cable so you can use your sticks with their software. Its nothing special and most simm software comes with controller if you like. its just like using game controllers with PC games.
Anyone out there have one of the new transmitters and also a simm program to shed any light on this?
2014-11-6
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

The traning port on the back of new controller can be used to connect to lightbridge.
2014-11-6
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The DJI Vision+ specs say:

"Run simulation application to practice your flying skills."

So where is the simulator application?  The way I read the specs suggest that there is one available unless this is to be taken as a misleading statement to really mean "you can connect the controller and use it with a simulator".  I certainly don't understand the statement as "simulator ready"!
2014-11-19
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Funny, DJI Storeagent01 wrote me and told me the connection cord is in the controller that comes with the P2V+, and the Vision app has the simulator program!  And told me Lightbridge is not needed for this.  Nobody has the straight scoop on this, although it is advertised as a feature!
2014-12-4
Use props
donstouder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25571 ft
United States

kjkisatsky@comc Posted at 2014-12-5 11:59
Funny, DJI Storeagent01 wrote me and told me the connection cord is in the controller that comes wit ...

+1 for confusion and desire for P2V+ simulator.

2014-12-5
Use props
ljhellmich
lvl.4

United States

Hey guys, new here.  Just received my first quad today, Phantom Vision 2 + V3.0, and setting it up now.

Phoenix RC flight simulator has a Phantom model you can download, and the program works with my Spektrum aircraft radios.  I haven't tried and don't think the DJI transmitter will work.  The model in the simulator does not have a camera,  GPS, or stabilization, and the throttle works like a standard airplane throttle, as in throttle up from the bottom to climb and back down to descend or land.  You pretty much have to fly it with no help from gadgets.

I fly ultra micro to giant scale RC planes, and boy did I feel silly trying a quad on the simulator at first.   Crash after crash.  A couple of weeks into it I feel pretty confident now with the simulator time.  I have found that Phoenix is fairly accurate as far as how most of the planes fly and feel, and a good aid in training for learning, and for patterns and aerobatics.  And it's good for the times you can't get to the field.

I think you can find it for around $129 without a transmitter,  and a bit more for an included one.  Also, I bought it 4 years ago, and so far, all the new updates/versions and numerous new models have downloaded free.

I'll find out tomorrow morning how accurate it is with the Phantom.   Definitely starting with GPS mode.

Jamie
2014-12-5
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

This is advertised as a feature on this aircraft, it should be included with software!  I don't even have mine yet and I'm getting irritated already!  C'mon DJI!  I just paid 1300 bucks plus 200 bucks for carry case and iPad mount, this absolutely should be an included feature, not something I have to shell out more bucks for.  Really getting disillusioned reading this forum.
2014-12-5
Use props
ljhellmich
lvl.4

United States

Not sure what "kjkisatsky" is referring to.

Update... The Phantom 2 + V3.0 transmitter does in fact work with Phoenix RC Simulator Version 5.0v.  I had never used the function before, but you set up a new custom transmitter, map out the controls and the sticks, and invert (reverse) the pitch/elevator setting.

I did not mention if before, but you can fly in 3D Infinity Landscapes with FPV view, as well as "chase" view and a few others.   There are also numerous flying sites to use.

Unlike my other transmitters, you do have to turn the Phantom transmitter on, and now the PPM light blinks on the transmitter when plugged in.  My Spektrum transmitters are left off, and when plugged in the USB provides power to operate, but in a state that does transmit any radio signal.

Still no other functions as GPS, attitude, etc... but it flies well, makes you fly it manually, and the throttle stick middle position does hover the craft now.

Cool...  I'm glad Rick asked the question, I probably wouldn't have tried my Phantom transmitter.

Jamie
2014-12-5
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I was referring to the trainer port on the latest P2V+.   When I inquired with tech support how this was used, I was told the interface cable came with the controller, which would  enable one to practice simulations using the Vision App.   I still haven't taken delivery of my P2v+ yet, and was looking forward to using the trainer port to practice a little before 1st flight.
2014-12-5
Use props
DJI-Autumn;-)
lvl.4

China

I use Phoenix5.0 and the Controller to do the Flight Simulator~
And I use the cable and softdog I got with the software.
Everything goes well, the only problem is it's a little hard to stay hovering....
Im a noob to this.
2014-12-7
Use props
jrlecroy
New

United States

DJI-Blair Posted at 2014-11-7 14:54
The traning port on the back of new controller can be used to connect to lightbridge.

I just received my new P2VP with the upgraded controller and I noticed the trainer port on the back of the controller as well. There is no cord to connect to this port included that I can see and no mention of what type of cord and software that it would be compatible with. There is an upgrade notice flyer included with the manuals that states: "Trainer Port: Connect the remote control to the computer via the trainer port to run simulation application to practice your flying skills."   That is it...anyone have any success finding a cord and any DJI software flight simulation that actually works?
2014-12-16
Use props
hoops5
New

Australia

I received the new P2V+  Version 3 about a week ago. Has the new controller but no cable or any software/simulator.
2014-12-22
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I complained about the response I got from DJI saying the cord was included.  The response was, they thought I was talking about the neckstrap which is apparently included.  Wow.
2014-12-24
Use props
kdroz1
New

United States

gil@wk.net Posted at 2014-11-5 08:36
Riddle me this Batman -- why does DJI put a "Trainer Port" on the back of their new and updated Cont ...

right, but if there is 10-20F , snowing and windy, would be nice to run a simulator, right?
2014-12-29
Use props
kdroz1
New

United States

jrlecroy@aol.co Posted at 2014-12-16 23:15
I just received my new P2VP with the upgraded controller and I noticed the trainer port on the bac ...

hi, what model of controller you have? got p2vp about month ago and there is no trainer port on it. model npvt581
2014-12-29
Use props
ljhellmich
lvl.4

United States

kdroz1@optonlin Posted at 2014-12-30 11:09
hi, what model of controller you have? got p2vp about month ago and there is no trainer port on it ...

You should have the trainer port, it is the same model as mine.  It is on the back below the bar code label, and is a 1/8" mini plug socket and accepts the same 1/8" plug as on headsets and ear buds.
2014-12-29
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

About late November they upgraded the transmitter. It now includes a thumb wheel to control the gimbal, a battery level indicator, a throttle descent lock, and rechargeable lipo battery.
2014-12-29
Use props
kdroz1
New

United States

hi, I was looking for any f2vp simulators for abt 4-5 hrs, no luck, are there any?
2014-12-29
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

kjkisatsky@comc Posted at 2014-12-6 08:27
This is advertised as a feature on this aircraft, it should be included with software!  I don't even ...

If you want a free simulator you can use FMS Flight Simulator. There are some quad and hexacopter models (http://svn.mikrokopter.de/websvn ... delle%2FZIP%2F&)
FMS simulator will require some work to install it on Windows 7 or Windows 8 (I got it working on Windows 8 with my Spektrum DX6 remote and a audio cable + SmartPropoPlus drivers).
The quad and hexa models are a bit difficult to fly - even a bit more difficult than my Syma X5 Hubsan X4 quads. It almost feels like flying a Phantom in manual mode (not ATTI). But I think it's good exercise for the real world.
IMHO, flying a Phantom is very easy, even in ATTI mode. Problems come up if there's a weak GPS signal, NAZA mode not enabled, confusion about flying mode (e.g. course lock vs standard flight), not enough knowledge about the Phantom's "mind", etc.
2014-12-30
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

You're right, flying the Phantom is easy compared to the Hubsan X4 I bought to learn on.  And cheaper than most of the sims.  Too bad I lost it in the woods after flying it too far, think it got out of range. (the X4 that is)
2015-1-1
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think maybe some people are confusing the Ipad Ground Station....which advertises flight simulator?
http://www.dji.com/product/ipad-ground-station

The app is free....but I don't know if it works without having the rest of the ground station stuff.
2015-1-1
Use props
patbell
New

United States

I just downloaded the app from the link above. There is a flight simulator button in the settings. When you click on it I get the message to connect  to your aircraft. I need to get a cord to try it out.
2015-1-7
Use props
mech
lvl.2

United States

patbell Posted at 2015-1-7 22:41
I just downloaded the app from the link above. There is a flight simulator button in the settings. W ...

I have a Mac so use Heli-x and a taranis radio I use on my Eye One Xtreme. Heli-x has a Phantom model. I haven't been able to get the Phantom transmitter to work. I use this and the X4 to keep develop and keep my skills. The Phantom is so easy to fly when everything is working (GPS, Compass, Barameter) that you can get rusty.
2015-1-7
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

I just received a Phantom 2 Vision+ V.3.0 and had the same questions about a simulator. I started flying radio controlled airplanes 43 years ago when there were no simulators or buddy cords, you just passed the transmitter back and forth.

A few years ago I did pick up the Realflight simulator and just upgraded it to version 7.5. It has several quadcopters, even tri, hex and octocopters. There is one named Quadcopter X which is a Phantom but it flies strictly manual mode with no stabilization. There are some challenges which use the Phantom where you have to make spot landings, fly through gates or take pictures of object. I am pretty sure you cannot use the Phantom controller and must use the supplied controller.
2015-1-10
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-1-10 20:51
I just received a Phantom 2 Vision+ V.3.0 and had the same questions about a simulator. I started fl ...

I have been doing the challenges, spot landing and gates, on the Realflight 7.5 simulator. As I mentioned there is no vertical stabilization but there is for pitch, roll and yaw. The Phanton is tricky to fly since a one click change on the throttle can change it from rising to falling. The RealFlight controller does have trim tabs so you can get pretty close to hands off hover. But I figure if you can fly it this way on the simulator you will do pretty good on the real one.
2015-1-10
Use props
kaus
lvl.3
Chile

Read this:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mulator&lang=en
2015-1-16
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good post.  thanks.
2015-1-16
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone tried the wireless version from Real Fluight?  This version has a dongle to plug into your USB port which then allows you to sync to your controller:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... smid=A2OEG1SKNGURE1
2015-1-16
Use props
stevegatg
New

United States

kjkisatsky@comc Posted at 2014-12-6 12:53
I was referring to the trainer port on the latest P2V+.   When I inquired with tech support how this ...

I am in agreement! - same deal - actually purchased the $1,300 P2V (and case, $200)... was told by the reseller that the simulator came with it... REALLY disappointed...
2015-1-18
Use props
stevegatg
New

United States

kjkisatsky@comc Posted at 2014-12-25 00:18
I complained about the response I got from DJI saying the cord was included.  The response was, they ...

I didn't even get a neck strap.... had to wait forever to break open all the packages... to make sure I didn't jump in too fast... NOW... no simulator! --- and no neck strap...
2015-1-18
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

stevegatg@gmail Posted at 2015-1-19 04:50
I didn't even get a neck strap.... had to wait forever to break open all the packages... to make s ...

I didn't find a neck strap either but I have plenty.

It would be nice to have a full function simulator for the Phantom. Be able to run Phantom or NAZA-M mode and have the switches active. Even a Vision window on the screen. However the demand is probably too small for someone to develop it.
2015-1-18
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Yeah, I didn't get the neckstrap either.  So the customer service agent was REALLY useless.  Said he confused the cord with the neckstrap, which isn't included either.  ALMOST comical.  Can't even blame it on language barrier at this point.
2015-1-18
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-1-19 05:00
I didn't find a neck strap either but I have plenty.

It would be nice to have a full function si ...

neck straps are pretty cheap (around $10 - $15). It would've been nice to have a neck strap included, though. Also a neck strap is quite useful as you don't have to worry about dropping the transmitter.
2015-1-19
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

ciprianboboc@gm Posted at 2015-1-20 01:41
neck straps are pretty cheap (around $10 - $15). It would've been nice to have a neck strap includ ...

It also helps you hold the controller with one hand if you want to scratch your butt or something.
2015-1-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules