617 1 2015-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was doing some filming high over a canyon with little or no access to the bottom when for some reason my radio's battery decided to fail at the worst possible time...immediate blue LED and this is on one of my S1000's with a GH4..I had set fail safe before flying to accomadate the mountainous peaks and although I've tested fail safe I've never let it go completely through to landing. So there we are, watching helplessly, as the 1000 climbed up. The pucker factor (something you Chinese may not comletely understand) was really high. The 1000 began returning as I frantically was rummaging through my case for the spare battery. Then, there it was...decending right to the takeoff area and landing safely. I probably could have got the battery in the radio before it got back to us if it was sitting next to me...but it landed better than I usually do. So the moral of this is to suggest keeping a spare radio battery close by in case of failure and KUDOS to DJI for building this in. This could have been an expensive loss.
2015-5-28
Use props
coinfaslab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 153343 ft
Italy

is such a thing happened to me, the fail safe worked perfectly
2015-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules