Not too Happy with Fed Ex right now ..
1080 8 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Packer Backer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240948 ft
United States

Disclaimer: This has nothing to do with DJI well other than they used Fed Ex!
Well my MP2 was supposed to be here this morning by 10:30 AM -- I had some doubts when my drone left Anchorage enroute to Indianapolis, IN instead of Memphis, TN.  Woke up this morning saw that it was in Indy . and then that it departed. I was unable to find a corresponding flight. I wait patiently and around 10:00 AM it still says "departed Fed Ex Indianapolis" I call Fed Ex and was transferred 2 - 3 times the first 2 callers telling me it will be there forsure because that is what the computer said. I was transferred to this other lady who said that I was not going to get it until at the very earliest tomorrow.  Because my package spent an excessive amount of time in Customs and that Fed Ex has no control or is liable for anything held in customs. I told her that was impossible the package was part of a bulk import and spent less than 30 min clearing. She said it spent an excessive amount of time clearing customs  you will get your package when it gets there.  I asked her why my package went to Indy, she said because of customs. She said it is on a plane now but unable to get there by scheduled time. She then gave me the phone number to get a shipping guarantee refund and hung up.
That's was CRAZY! From what I can ascertain the package was sent to Indy on accident. When it left Indy it was not on a plan but on a truck and went to Memphis where it has been sitting ever since.

I understand mistakes happen but what I don't like being lied to and treated like I don't know know anything. I know not very many companies will admit a inadvertant mistake but come on!

/rant off

SOOOO how was everyone's day today!  

Screenshot_125.png
2018-8-29
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

International Fedex shipments do NOT have spec delivery times,  like " 10:30 "

Some of the scans/reports of location are related to your International customs docs.....and NOT the actual box.

Looking at the times from Indy to Memphis,  they trucked the goods 380 miles.........( ground shipping for LiPo batteries, unless on cargo only aircraft )

It is about 641 miles to Austin.  That is an overnight linehaul run......Patience, they haven't done anything wrong.

Randy
2018-8-29
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yup.  ^. What he said.
2018-8-29
Use props
Packer Backer
lvl.4
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-8-29 18:06
International Fedex shipments do NOT have spec delivery times,  like " 10:30 "

Some of the scans/reports of location are related to your International customs docs.....and NOT the actual box.

Thanks for the reply, I understand what your saying, however my beef is that the package was inadvertently sent to Indianapolis and not to Memphis. It was then trucked not flown as was indicated by the representative that I spoke with. And this package did not take an excessive amount of time to clear customs therefore missing my window for a Wed delivery.
Again I understand that mistakes happen for what ever reason  we are humans. However I don't like the fact I was told all the untrue stuff. Is that a reflection of FedEx as a whole? No, It is not. Drones are not restricted to only being trucked to a location. My package is still in Memphis and I am confident will be on a scheduled flight to either Austin or San Antonio.

I am not salty I have to wait an extra day, I consider myself intelligent person who has a habit of arguing with fence posts.

And while it may not be a "guaranteed" delivery time,  The below is something that would make someone think that it was.

Please note that the 10:30 dropped off immediately at 10:31 AM

Again I am not mad about the delivery being one day later. I ordered it on 8/23 and getting it 8/30. I am extremely happy with that.

2018-8-29
Use props
natnatroswell
lvl.3

United States

Long story short! You just don't like being lied to by the FedEx Customer Service!
2018-8-29
Use props
Packer Backer
lvl.4
United States

all of the above being said, I will admit that there may be plausibility to the package not making it in time for the Memphis plane from Anchorage. In my disappointment I misread the flights that left Anchorage. After reviewing my other post the Memphis flight left 16 min earlier than the Indianapolis flight. And as we all know a lot of things can happen in 16 minutes especially with hard cut offs.

I am not afraid of admitting that there is not 100% beyond the shadow of a doubt in me proving my point.     I will still argue with a fence post though!

2018-8-29
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, it was NOT  "inadvertently sent to Indianapolis "

Lift capacity.......when you run out of it, you as a cargo router, do your BEST to keep the bulk shipments moving.  Indy is in close proximity to MeM....move the freight!!

The system update is certainly disappointing, but that's on a human not keying something at the right time.

Randy
2018-8-29
Use props
Packer Backer
lvl.4
United States

natnatroswell Posted at 2018-8-29 19:05
Long story short! You just don't like being lied to by the FedEx Customer Service!

nailed it!
2018-8-29
Use props
Packer Backer
lvl.4
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-8-29 19:14
No, it was NOT  "inadvertently sent to Indianapolis "

Lift capacity.......when you run out of it, you as a cargo router, do your BEST to keep the bulk shipments moving.  Indy is in close proximity to MeM....move the freight!!

Please see my reply to my reply above your reply.

Not enough room on the Memphis flight would have been an easier pill to swallow vs your package spent an "excessive" amount of time clearing customs. Which by the way as I stated above bad timing may have played a huge factor.  Lots can happen in 16 min.  Landing from Asia, unload, sort, customs, re-sort, re-load, and take off all happened within approx 2 hrs 21 min - That is actually impressive taking into account the amount of cargo they were probably dealing with.

All that being said I should have used the word "diverted" instead of "inadvertently"  and my complaint more so in the end was with the conversation I had with the rep.  An excessive amount of time to clear customs I took as a pat response.

Temp is supposed to be mid 90s tomorrow and that beats the 101 today so I can take the new girl up for whirl tomorrow

Consider me Vincent Gambini in this scene even if I may be wrong
2018-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules