Mavic 2 zoom & RE goggles Not Connecting
2790 20 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscbf24777
lvl.1
  • >>>

Have updated goggles from DJI Assistant with latest firmware, my mavic just downloaded new firmware minutes ago, still cannot connect
help
2018-8-29
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

According to the DJI store (https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-2?vid=45251), Goggles RE isn't supported until a new firmware update is released.  

"DJI Goggles RE can only connect to the Mavic 2 with firmware 01.00.0600 or above via DJI Assistant 2 on a computer. Firmware 01.00.0600 will be launched at the end of August, 2018. Please stay tuned."
2018-8-29
Use props
fanscbf24777
lvl.1
  • >>>

KlooGee Posted at 2018-8-29 18:58
According to the DJI store (https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-2?vid=45251), Goggles RE isn't supported until a new firmware update is released.  

"DJI Goggles RE can only connect to the Mavic 2 with firmware 01.00.0600 or above via DJI Assistant 2 on a computer. Firmware 01.00.0600 will be launched at the end of August, 2018. Please stay tuned."

I have 1.00.0600 on the goggles, and have the newest firmware for the mavic 2 zoom, still won't connect
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2?
2018-8-30
Use props
fanscbf24777
lvl.1
  • >>>

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-30 05:30
Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2?

yes, even tried to downgrade v5, v4  
also did refresh on v6
2018-8-30
Use props
fanscbf24777
lvl.1
  • >>>

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-30 05:30

I was able to activate goggles through the Assist program, so the goggles go thru the tutorial, but I've tried every which way you could think of to connect to the mavic 2 zoom (both drone and remote on, only remote on, only drone on, not pressing link button on drone, pressing link on drone)
:-(
2018-8-30
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-8-30 07:27
Power up the goggles & the bird.  From the goggles go to the Linking menu.  It will ask which aircraft you want to link with.  Choose Mavic 2.  Press link button on Mavic Zoom.  You should get a confirmation of a successful link on the goggles.   You can't just push the link buttons like before.  You must choose which aircraft.

On another thread DJI says that 1.0.6.0 will work with RE but the Standard goggles aren’t supported yet..have you got the STD version to work? I’m totally confused as we’re getting different responses from DJI....
2018-8-30
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-8-30 10:16
I have both goggles.  The RE goggles work & connect with my Mavic 2 Pro.  The white goggles are awaiting the 01.04.0500 firmware release.

How are you initializing the link?  You can't just press the link buttons like before.  Imitate the process from the Link menu in the goggles.  Select Mavic 2, then press the link button on the aircraft.

Yea..I don’t have the RE..and saw your connection instructions..but now I downloaded Assistant V 2.0 and it doesn’t recognize the std goggles...the previous version did...so can’t do anything....
2018-8-30
Use props
fanscbf24777
lvl.1
  • >>>

OK, so for no reason at all, just came home and tried to link RE goggles, to Mavic 2 zoom, link was made???? no other firmware was downloaded, just decided to link now??? :-0
2018-8-30
Use props
wwwcomthis0
lvl.1

fanscbf24777 Posted at 2018-8-29 20:31
I have 1.00.0600 on the goggles, and have the newest firmware for the mavic 2 zoom, still won't connect

Where did you aquire V1.00.0600?
2018-8-30
Use props
Goggles18
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9898 ft

fanscbf24777 Posted at 2018-8-29 20:31
I have 1.00.0600 on the goggles, and have the newest firmware for the mavic 2 zoom, still won't connect

how did you do that? I've been trying for hour to connect my goggle RE to the DJI Assistant and nothing, i connect the goggles with it own cable and nothing happens. help please.

thanks,
2018-8-30
Use props
fansc13bcb55
New
Australia

Goggles18 Posted at 2018-8-30 22:23
how did you do that? I've been trying for hour to connect my goggle RE to the DJI Assistant and nothing, i connect the goggles with it own cable and nothing happens. help please.

thanks,

I have been trying for hours as well when I plug the USB into the PC the assistant app doesnt seem to recognise it either.  Getting a bit frustrated so keen to know how to acheive this

Thanks
2018-8-30
Use props
Aussie Grover
New
Australia

Ok after a bit of mucking around I have found out how to connect to the Assisstant 2.  The goggles wont connect to Assisstant 2 Mavic.  I went to the goggles page and downloaded assisstant2 from there it was version 1.2.4 .  This connected to the goggles and allowed me to upgrade the FW in the goggles
2018-8-30
Use props
Jason Lock
lvl.1

United States

Aussie Grover Posted at 2018-8-30 23:01
Ok after a bit of mucking around I have found out how to connect to the Assisstant 2.  The goggles wont connect to Assisstant 2 Mavic.  I went to the goggles page and downloaded assisstant2 from there it was version 1.2.4 .  This connected to the goggles and allowed me to upgrade the FW in the goggles

Confirmed that i needed to install Assistant 2 version 1.24 as mentioned above.  Thank you fixed my activation and firmware issue for RE goggles.
2018-8-31
Use props
djiuser_9LBiyyvbIeI5
lvl.1
Bulgaria

I did uninstall Assistant 2 v.2 and installed v.1.2.4, but so far I could not connect the RE goggles to it. Fo the money we spend on these toys, one would expect them to work.
2018-9-24
Use props
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>

Hi I was able to connect my white goggles to the mavic zoom but I'm having an issue where the head tracking it's not working. Anyone else experienced the same issue?
2018-9-25
Use props
Mark Hamblin
New

United States

djiuser_9LBiyyvbIeI5 Posted at 2018-9-24 12:37
I did uninstall Assistant 2 v.2 and installed v.1.2.4, but so far I could not connect the RE goggles to it. Fo the money we spend on these toys, one would expect them to work.

Did you get them to connect
2018-10-6
Use props
Mark Hamblin
New

United States

I can't connect to  RE Goggles.  Activated, My remote disconnects as soon as I push  button. is that supposed to happen?  
2018-10-6
Use props
mbre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32454 ft
Andorra

My M2Pro with RE goggles was shipped on 2 October.  I activated the M2P and controller with DJI Go 4 - no problems.  Then a couple of days later I attempted to activate the RE Goggles with Assistant 2.  BIG problems - hours figuring it out.  First it took me a long time to realize the USB cable connecting my PC to the goggles needs the small adapter at the goggles end to fit into the power connection in goggles headband.  Having done that, connecting the cable with Assistant 2 started up did not activate or update firmware on the goggles. The menu on the goggles showing models of drone  to choose did not list the Mavic 2. Therefore “activation failed”.   I may have accidentally chosen the latest version of Assistant 2 that is shown under DJI’s page “product support/goggles/REgoggles/downloads”.  It seemed like the logical place to chose the latest Assistant 2 version, but I realized later this version (dated May 2018) did not have the updates required for the Mavic 2.  So on Oct 13 I deleted that version and downloaded the latest version (dated Sept 2018) from DJIs page: “product support/mavic/mavic 2/downloads/Assistant 2.  Then when I connected the Assistant 2 to the goggles, activation worked and the firmware update (01.00.0700) was enabled - success after many hours.
Hope this helps some other frustrated DJI customers.  
PS I am not entirely sure the first version of Assistant 2 was the wrong one - i read somewhere that the download of Assistant 2 can get corrupted, so if you chose the correct version and it still doesn’t work, try deleting Assitant 2 app and re-download anyway.
2018-10-14
Use props
asere
lvl.1
United States

I have tried all of the above but still cannot connect my RE's with my M2P. When I switch on my goggles I do not have the opportunity to access any menus at all. They go through a sequence of screens and then time out without the ability to choose any menus at all. These have been out long enough that someone surely has had this issue and knows how to correct it.
2018-12-8
Use props
fans4ec121ec
New
Flight distance : 86470 ft
United States

So I brought the mavic 2 pro last week and brought the white standard goggles yesterday. Up dated all the latest firmware, reset all factory setting and reinstalled everything, been trying for 4 hours , on line chats with the technical support from DJI for 2 hours and still won’t connect
2019-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules